BB: 100 BB
      UTG: 124.7 BB
      MP: 177.85 BB
      CO: 84.6 BB
      Hero (BTN): 186.15 BB
      SB: 86.7 BB

SB posts SB 0.5 BB, BB posts BB 1 BB

Pre Flop: (pot: 1.5 BB) Hero has K:club: Q:spade:

fold, MP raises to 3 BB, fold, Hero raises to 9 BB, SB calls 8.5 BB, fold, fold

Flop: (22 BB, 2 players) 7:heart: J:spade: K:diamond:
      SB checks, Hero checks

Turn: (22 BB, 2 players) 2:spade:
      SB checks, Hero bets 11 BB, SB calls 11 BB

River: (44 BB, 2 players) 8:diamond:
      SB checks, Hero bets 22 BB, SB calls 22 BB

Hero shows K:club: Q:spade: (One Pair, Kings) (Pre 69%, Flop 86%, Turn 95%)
      SB shows J:heart: Q:heart: (One Pair, Jacks) (Pre 31%, Flop 14%, Turn 5%)
      Hero wins 83.6 BB

MP 1.1k hands, 26/22, opens MP 17. fold to 3bet 64%, from MP 70.
      SB 240 hands, 22/18, 3bet 8, fold to 3bet 70.

I am not sure if 3bet is good. I 3bet and expect him to fold often with broadways, and call PP which he folds often when misses, so I think it is not too bad IP.

When SB calls, I check back for information, and I dont have 3value streets, so when he checks turn I value bet to get called by TT or QQ. I dont put him on JQs, he folds 70% to 3bet, so it is strange. Bet larger river or turn?
  • 4 replies
    • SPeedFANat1c
      SPeedFANat1c
      Gold
      I would not expect 2 stretts of vlaue from SB with underpair, so I think its better to cbh river.

He also understadns that you are not bluffing 2 times here.

Would not expect such outcome :)
    • mlatasrb
      mlatasrb
      Gold
      Regg almost never calls cold 3bet, and even if calls the range is really clear. When I check back, the purpouse is not only to get info what he has, but also that my hand looks weak, and then it looks I am bluffing turn and river, because he would expect me to bet Kx IP flop. It works in most cases.
      If I would have air, I would bet turn 2/3 and shove river to make him fold, because his hand is so clearly middle pair.
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hi mla,

This is an interesting spot and a more interesting showdown (perhaps a misclick from him).

As played I agree with your line and I would even consider betting the river larger to make it look more like a bluff and less like value. I'm thinking 30+ BB
    • SPeedFANat1c
      SPeedFANat1c
      Gold
      Regg almost never calls cold 3bet, and even if calls the range is really clear. When I check back, the purpouse is not only to get info what he has, but also that my hand looks weak, and then it looks I am bluffing turn and river, because he would expect me to bet Kx IP flop.

I think he also understands that 2 turn and 8 river does not look scary, so you are not bluffing turn and river which means he still cannot call. But if he is puting you on bluff then I agree - bet for value.

If I wre willain with under pair, I would call the turn but I really would not expect bluff on this river.