[NL20-NL50] NL50zoom - AA turnplay?

• Farmarchist
      Farmarchist
      Bronze
      Hi,

I wonder what to do on the turn vs this unknown villain. In the end I decided to check/call and give him the chance to bluff his draws/floats. Also because he could already have a hard time calling TT.

My riversize is made to get value from TT 9Ts
      Poker Stars $0.25/$0.50 No Limit Hold'em - 6 players - View hand 2119810
      DeucesCracked Poker Videos Hand History Converter

BTN: $23.50
      SB: $60.18
      BB: $50.00
      UTG: $50.00
      Hero (MP): $94.19
      CO: $98.67

Pre Flop: ($0.75) Hero is MP with A :diamond: A :spade:
      1 fold, Hero raises to $1.50, CO raises to $2.50, 3 folds, Hero raises to $7.50, CO calls $5

Flop: ($15.75) 3 :diamond: J :spade: 9 :heart: (2 players)
      Hero bets $9.75, CO calls $9.75

Turn: ($35.25) J :diamond: (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO checks

River: ($35.25) 8 :club: (2 players)
      Hero bets $19.50, CO raises to $40.50, Hero folds
  • 3 replies
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      Hey,

I would usually check flop this deep and go into check/call mode. Betting is also +EV but it matters a lot on your image and what your opponent's range is in this spot. I just let others spew into my weak action usually and play somewhat smaller pots with the marginal, yet under-represented, hands in my range like overpairs deep in a 4bet (more like 3bet based on preflop sizings) pot.
    • Farmarchist
      Farmarchist
      Bronze
      Okay, also because this hand is too weak to get it in in 3 streets on blank turn/river? Don't we put ourselves in a guessing game when we x/c x/c?
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Farmarchist
      Okay, also because this hand is too weak to get it in in 3 streets on blank turn/river? Don't we put ourselves in a guessing game when we x/c x/c?
      Yes @ 1st question, partially. It's not always too weak but few people have the image to get 3 streets here plus most people start bluffing like crazy when someone checks to them in a 4bet pot like this from what I know.

@2nd question: No, it's not a guessing game. We know what his approximate preflop range is and we have an idea of how people barrel or call down. We choose to face barrels because he will likely vbet too thinly against that instead of calling too much. When you get deep stacked, it's impossible to have a standard but for me this worked best. Not saying you should do iit 100% of the time but it's definitely to do quite often.