TURN ($1.10) 8:club: J:spade: K:spade: 9:spade:

BB bets $0.50, Hero folds

BB wins $1.05

BB:

notes:
      calls vs steals OOP w AK
      bets 2/3 for value and as bluffs

BTN: 15/9, fcbet 69 1.5K hands

He has high bet vs missed cbet IP and OOP, so this could be easily a bluff, but knowing that this board hits well his range - can be thin value bet.

So I cannot call to bluffctach but I think with raise I don't rep anything so it would not work. On the other hand - he should fold some of the time if he has pure bluffs there.

So folding turn not too weak?
  • 2 replies
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      Heya,

I think giving up with this hand against such an opponent is perfectly fine. You have close to the bottom of your range. By raising the turn you don't represent much imo... His bet doesn't show strength either ofc.. if you do raise, what do you expect him to fold and what do you expect him to call?

He probably folds some of his air though he doesn't have that much on that board.. it connects too much with a flatting range in BB vs CO like he has. What you also haveto consider is if you ever have a profitable river bluff against pair + draw type hands. I expect nutted hands to 3bet you on the turn and only medium hands to call your raise, meaning you can bluff him if he doesn't think too much about your range which shouldn't contain that many strong hands given the line.
    • SPeedFANat1c
      SPeedFANat1c
      Gold
      if you do raise, what do you expect him to fold and what do you expect him to call?

8x and air. probaly not much he folds, because he is the one who like to bluffcatch, and as W$sd shows - he is calling too much probably.