[NL20-NL50] NL50zoom - KJs calling 4bet deep

• Farmarchist
      Farmarchist
      Bronze
      Hi !

CO is 27/22/180h good reg SN. Folds 73% vs resteal. 4bet 2 out of 10 times so far. And 1/3 4bet vs hero also 1/3 call vs resteal from hero. He knows that I good sqz pretty wide here.

BTN is kinda fishy 30/12 over small sample.

Preflop I did not know what was best. With aggro BB I would sqz/fold for sure but this BB was a nit. So maybe we should just call to avoid getting a 4bet which he could perfectly do wider when being this deep.

So I decided to call his 4bet here but I'm not sure it's fine :/

Turn was close but can't rly call :(

Poker Stars $0.25/$0.50 No Limit Hold'em - 6 players - View hand 2119821
      DeucesCracked Poker Videos Hand History Converter

BTN: $34.44
      Hero (SB): $112.18
      BB: $51.25
      UTG: $50.00
      MP: $54.53
      CO: $132.88

Pre Flop: ($0.75) Hero is SB with J :heart: K :heart:
      2 folds, CO raises to $1.50, BTN calls $1.50, Hero raises to $5.75, 1 fold, CO raises to $12.50, 1 fold, Hero calls $6.75

Flop: ($27.00) 9 :heart: 6 :spade: 3 :heart: (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO bets $15, Hero calls $15

Turn: ($57.00) 4 :club: (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO bets $30, Hero folds
  • 4 replies
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      Heya,

Interesting hand.. Deep is where you can get creative. You can:

a) call preflop instead of 3betting since you have a nice suited broadway;
      b) 5bet preflop. You are deep enough to have 6bet/fold range I think so you can definitely 5bet against an aggressive 4bettor with reasonable folding equity. I would prefer to have Ax, not Kx because the whole point is to represent AA when he rarely has it himself.
      c) raise flop. In a deep spot where you can rep all sets and sometimes slowplayed AA because you don't get value when you 5bet them it's awesome to raise. I would often suggest continuing only with a raise. His range is quite bad for this board in general from what I know of NL50 deep stack dynamics, meaning the best hand he has here is AA that is very weak against your range so the best hand he has will have a nightmare decision.

Depends on how you are viewed, how spewy does he think you are and on factors unknown to you such as likelihood he is tilted.
    • Farmarchist
      Farmarchist
      Bronze
      Hmmm I think he looks at me as an aggro reg so I don't think he folds KK+ on this flop. 5bet bluff is an option but I thought my hand played good enough and he might 4bet bluff just a bit too little. It's close, he did not 4bet like a maniac.. His range is also polarized so that is in favour of a call preflop right?
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      Yes, which is why I think calling preflop is doable but then you kind of have to pile on the pressure post imo and basically think of what range you wanna 'play like a set' and how you actually play a set here. If you check/call a set on the flop you can check/call flop and check/shove turn. He should still fold quite a few hands, you rep insane strength in my view, AA becomes sooo weak. It's not just because of preflop action and that you ahve sets in your range but because people don't make these really big bluffs on NL50 so I would assume a reg would give you credit IF he is actually a thinking reg, not a mindless SN grinder. There are quite a few SNs that just grind for the status and play terribly imo.
    • Farmarchist
      Farmarchist
      Bronze
      Such nice comments :f_love: