This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] NL50zoom - K9s 4b bluff

• Farmarchist
      Farmarchist
      Bronze
      Hiii,

Villain plays TAG-style over 60 hands and already restealed ones before vs me. I have also 3bet him like 3 times and won most pot I think.

19/16 he plays over 50 hands.

So this hand goes into my 4bet/bluffrange. Accidently I made it 10$ while I normally make it $9 here. Anddd he calls.

His range? Some slowplays, some AQ, TT, JJ sometimes.. Maybe TJs, QJs ones in a while.

On the flop I went for potcontrol. On the turn I have to call right? Although the bet is pretty big

Poker Stars $0.25/$0.50 No Limit Hold'em - 6 players - View hand 2119824
      DeucesCracked Poker Videos Hand History Converter

Hero (BTN): $52.61
      SB: $64.93
      BB: $51.86
      UTG: $74.73
      MP: $49.62
      CO: $50.00

Pre Flop: ($0.75) Hero is BTN with K :spade: 9 :spade:
      3 folds, Hero raises to $1, SB raises to $4, 1 fold, Hero raises to $10, SB calls $6

Flop: ($20.50) 8 :heart: 4 :club: 9 :club: (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero checks

Turn: ($20.50) 3 :spade: (2 players)
      SB bets $12.50, Hero calls $12.50

River: ($45.50) 4 :heart: (2 players)
      SB bets $42.43 all in, Hero folds
  • 1 reply
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      Hola,

Will answer last question first: On the turn he bets big enough to prepare stacks so you have to call blank rivers if you call turn. To me it's clear I am facing a river bet 90% of the time so I would not call the turn without knowing I can call that too.

Your preflop 4bet is fine, and I was gonna say your sizing is a bit big. I also prefer 18bb here like you usually do, sometimes you can go even lower and have a 4bet/6bet range since he will now be able to 5bet/fold.

Postflop, I think his range won't have that many slowplays (you block some of those). It should be some overs and hands he 3bet that considered themselves good enough to call preflop. I suggest cbetting almost 100% of your range in a 4bet and do so with a small sizing. It has many benefits: thin valu with such a hand, cheap bluffs, can construct barreling ranges so you can end up betting 2 streets and checking back rivers when you want to with a hand like yours.