BB ($4.91)
      UTG ($3.96)
      UTG+1 ($4.48)
      Hero ($4)
      MP1 ($4.62)
      CO ($4.71)
      BTN ($7.36)

Dealt to Hero 5:heart: 5:diamond:

fold, UTG+1 raises to $0.12, Hero calls $0.12, fold, fold, fold, fold, fold

FLOP ($0.30) J:diamond: 8:diamond: 5:club:

UTG+1 bets $0.16, Hero calls $0.16

TURN ($0.62) J:diamond: 8:diamond: 5:club: 6:diamond:

UTG+1 bets $0.20, Hero calls $0.20

RIVER ($1.02) J:diamond: 8:diamond: 5:club: 6:diamond: 9:diamond:

UTG+1 checks, Hero checks

Hero shows 5:heart: 5:diamond: (Pre 20%, Flop 8.9%, Turn 22.7%)UTG+1 shows J:club: J:spade: (Pre 80%, Flop 91.1%, Turn 77.3%)Hero wins $0.97

I call to setmine...I think he is on a stronger range since he opens from UTG and I might get paid off if he hits

I hit the flop...but I think it didnt really hit his range...only J hits him, and from my experience most of the people these days with reasonable stats are folding to raise on the flop, especially if it doesnt hit their range...

I was aware that a diamond on the turn could kill my action, but I wanted to try and see if I can get more value out of him by calling on the flop and raising on the turn if he bets again...

Turn is a scare card for him...just what I was trying to avoid..his bet size also tells me he isnt on a flush and is likely to fold to my bet...my plan got messed up...I decide to try to get one more bet out of him on the river, if I call he wont put me on a flush probably...

Again diamond on a river...I have baby flush and I dont think he will call my bet here...if he has a diamond it is probably bigger than mine so I just check behind to see showdown....seems I got lucky here
  • 1 reply
    • kymupa
      kymupa
      Bronze
      Hello,

Preflop is fine.

I am definitely raising the flop here for value. Quite a drawy board here and if we just call we risk some bad turn cards to come.

On the turn I prefer raising against his small bet.

As played, there's nothing else we can do on the river.
      We can't really value bet here with our flush so checking back looks good.

Best,
      Plamen