BB: 40 BB
      UTG: 37.5 BB
      MP: 111 BB
      Hero (CO): 134.75 BB
      BTN: 94.75 BB
      SB: 115.05 BB

SB posts SB 0.5 BB, BB posts BB 1 BB

Pre Flop: (pot: 1.5 BB) Hero has J:diamond: J:club:

fold, MP raises to 3 BB, Hero raises to 9 BB, fold, fold, fold, MP calls 6 BB

Flop: (19.5 BB, 2 players) 6:heart: 9:spade: 7:club:
      MP checks, Hero bets 13 BB, MP calls 13 BB

Turn: (45.5 BB, 2 players) A:diamond:
      MP checks, Hero checks

River: (45.5 BB, 2 players) 9:club:
      MP bets 18 BB, Hero calls 18 BB

MP shows 3:spade: 5:heart: (One Pair, Nines) (Pre 18%, Flop 32%, Turn 18%)
      Hero shows J:diamond: J:club: (Two Pair, Jacks and Nines) (Pre 82%, Flop 68%, Turn 82%)
      Hero wins 77.45 BB

he is unknown.

Is it ok check back turn? I am not afraid that he has Ax, but he probably folds PP. Maybe he could have draw like 88, I dont know if I should assume that he calls 78s, 9Ts OOP. River is a tough call, I hoped he has PP and turns into strange bluff against which I cant fold.
  • 3 replies
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hi mla,

Preflop: Why are we 3-betting an unknown MP raiser with JJ here? If it's for value it's super thin. We shouldn't expect too many light calls and if he 4-bets we are in trouble as we can't justify a shove.

Postflop: I think that river is a fold despite the "wow" showdown. His bet size looks a lot like a value hand and he can even have some 9x. I would expect 88/TT to check to us and I can't see many hands that can bluff.

Of course putting him on a hand like this is impossible and without information this is still a fold for me. Clearly this guy is a huge fish but we had 0 hands.
    • mlatasrb
      mlatasrb
      Bronze
      Originally posted by BogdanPS
      Hi mla,

Preflop: Why are we 3-betting an unknown MP raiser with JJ here? If it's for value it's super thin. We shouldn't expect too many light calls and if he 4-bets we are in trouble as we can't justify a shove.

Postflop: I think that river is a fold despite the "wow" showdown. His bet size looks a lot like a value hand and he can even have some 9x. I would expect 88/TT to check to us and I can't see many hands that can bluff.

Of course putting him on a hand like this is impossible and without information this is still a fold for me. Clearly this guy is a huge fish but we had 0 hands.

I 3bet JJ for value, even against unknown, because in NL20 ipoker, there are 90% of fish, and around 10% are reggs who I see often and have stats.
      He could call flop 78s, 67s, 88, TT, 55, 44, KQ, KJs and similar, and the on river bet when I show weakness. Reggs are uusally not calling preflop OOP, so I can additionally assume he is fish, and fish usually don't know why they bet, so I would also expect the hands which I wrote to bet river, some of them for thin value.
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Originally posted by mlatasrb
      Originally posted by BogdanPS
      Hi mla,

I 3bet JJ for value, even against unknown, because in NL20 ipoker, there are 90% of fish, and around 10% are reggs who I see often and have stats.
      He could call flop 78s, 67s, 88, TT, 55, 44, KQ, KJs and similar, and the on river bet when I show weakness. Reggs are uusally not calling preflop OOP, so I can additionally assume he is fish, and fish usually don't know why they bet, so I would also expect the hands which I wrote to bet river, some of them for thin value.
      That's a nice field to have, 90% fish. To be honest I really doubt that but I'll take your word for it.

In that case the 3-bet is fine.

As far as river goes I still think it's close given the bet size he is using and the way the action went. I'd lean towards a fold in that spot against unknown.