Got called a donk :O

• whaha
      whaha
      Bronze
      i got called a donk for raising too much in a $2 SnG when it was 3 handed and i was raising 2.5 BB with hands like A10,K10 or Q9 to steal the blinds and stay aggressive and get in with the best hand. The guy who called me it never raised preflop and only limped and when he hit he went all in, surely he was the donk and not me yeah?

And also when i had less than 13 BB and was pushing any average 2 cards like 910 he said i was rubbish because i went all in too much
  • 13 replies
    • CimkoPro
      CimkoPro
      Bronze
      i think you shouldnt care what random ppl say on internet coz you prolly will never see him again or play vs him and if you happen to play vs him again be happy coz he is big fish by the way you described him :)
    • Backcushion
      Backcushion
      Bronze
      Pfft,it has probably happend to everyone here many times.
    • Vargan
      Vargan
      Bronze
      I would have raised more. 3x or 4x the BB.

:D
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      Unless we call you a donk, your a donk

So if they say your a donk, they are the donks

Easy to remember and quite true :]
    • swissmoumout
      swissmoumout
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Gerv
      good to know
    • BusinessGuru
      BusinessGuru
      Bronze
      Dw about these loosers they are the donks and they just don't like the fact that your better than them and they don't know how to beat you. It happends to all of us, i just played some $11 Sit and Goes and some guy had a go at me coz i raised from the button with A K and lost to the BB's Q 9, he was sitting in the SB and told me i should of flat called so that he would of flat called with his 10 3 on suit and won the pot knocking the other guy out, he then went on to ask me if it was the first time i had played poker lol. Obviously a complete n00b but hey who gives a fuck.
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      Originally posted by swissmoumout
      Originally posted by Gerv
      good to know
      Sarcasm² :]
    • colinsaces
      colinsaces
      Bronze
      lol its guys like that who should not gamble, if they dont like agressive play they should play bingo or some other game besides No-Limit Holdem.
      and 3 handed with those cards you could easily push all in not just 3 or 4 BB's
      well played anyway, i love it when sore losers moan
    • Tosh5457
      Tosh5457
      Bronze
      That's very usual, I get called a donk for making calls with odds (like against miniraises) and calling with ace high on the river when I'm sure my opponent is bluffing.
    • nattybongo
      nattybongo
      Bronze
      every1 is mr.macho over the internet. probs young and annoyed from the past bad beats so he likes to take it out on ppl. or maybe its his tatic, windin ppl up hopin they will tilt against him. Offer a heads up match to see who the better of the two is, this is usally fun and very determinted to win. :)
    • rhinoneil
      rhinoneil
      Silver
      I would be adding him to my buddy list and making sure I played him at every opportunity
    • whaha
      whaha
      Bronze
      yeh i actually knocked the guy out on the bubble so he was 1 place from the money with a flip, my AK vs JJ, he got so angry and was still on the rail when the tourney was finished even
    • chenny8888
      chenny8888
      Bronze
      paraphrased from helemalniiks, cause you know... that's what i do in my spare time:

these players are losing players. so therefore, if they are complimenting you, you're doing something wrong. inversely, if they're insulting you, you could very well be playing right :) .