[NL20-NL50] [HU] nl20 - Was this played OK?

• Ghartman
      Ghartman
      Bronze
      €20.00 EUR NL Texas Hold'em - Tuesday, February 26, 02:38:53 ET 2013

Seat 3 is the button
      Seat 3: Player3 ( €21.70 EUR ) - VPIP: 37, PFR: 27, 3B: 10, AF: 3.3, Hands: 213
      Seat 6: Hero ( €21.66 EUR ) - VPIP: 24, PFR: 18, 3B: 9, AF: 2.1, Hands: 82870

Preflop: Hero is BB with K K
      SB raises to €0.50, Hero raises to €1.60, SB calls €1.10

Flop: (€3.20) A 6 J (2 players)
      Hero checks, SB bets €1.60, Hero calls €1.60

Turn: (€6.40) 8 (2 players)
      Hero checks, SB bets €3.80, Hero calls €3.80

River: (€14) Q (2 players)
      Hero checks, SB bets €14.70 and is all-in, Hero folds

Results:
      €14 pot (€0.70 rake)
      Final Board: A 6 J 8 Q
      SB mucked and won €13.30 ($6.30 net)
      Hero mucked K K and lost (-€7 net)

Ok, I've just started getting in to heads up play a little, starting tables and stuff and am still a little unsure about certain spots. Now this is how I would play the hand in a 6-Max game probably, but would you play it like this heads up? Villain seemed slightly recreational and was opening from the button 2.5-4x usually but hadn't done anything to wacky yet.

Do the same dynamics apply heads up? Would/should this be a cbet/re-evaluate spot? I just feel like I'm giving up the initiative here and playing a guessing game obviously the problems of playing oop. Is this played ok? Let me know what you think.

Thanks
  • 3 replies
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      Hi.

Both flush draws missed, but I guess the straight draws got there. KT got there, T9 got there. I wonder if he just turns QT KQ JT into a bluff when checked to. Probably not the best card in the deck to bluff catch.

I would probably call down on the 2 of hearts. here I think folding is fine
    • Ghartman
      Ghartman
      Bronze
      Originally posted by mbml
      Hi.

Both flush draws missed, but I guess the straight draws got there. KT got there, T9 got there. I wonder if he just turns QT KQ JT into a bluff when checked to. Probably not the best card in the deck to bluff catch.

I would probably call down on the 2 of hearts. here I think folding is fine
      Ok, thanks. And can I cbet here HU in this spot or do the same rules apply as in 6-max, with the Ace dropping on the flop? They say 'don't bet for information' but isn't it necessary sometimes in these kind of spots?

Thanks
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      I think cbet is also fine, for thin value. Maybe on a A85 board I would prefer checking but I think on a AJX board betting may be better.

We do get immediate value from JX and a ton of broadway draws. Then on the Turn we can c/c on blanks.