This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] [HU] nl20 - Was this played OK?

• Ghartman
      Ghartman
      Bronze
      €20.00 EUR NL Texas Hold'em - Tuesday, February 26, 02:38:53 ET 2013

Seat 3 is the button
      Seat 3: Player3 ( €21.70 EUR ) - VPIP: 37, PFR: 27, 3B: 10, AF: 3.3, Hands: 213
      Seat 6: Hero ( €21.66 EUR ) - VPIP: 24, PFR: 18, 3B: 9, AF: 2.1, Hands: 82870

Preflop: Hero is BB with K K
      SB raises to €0.50, Hero raises to €1.60, SB calls €1.10

Flop: (€3.20) A 6 J (2 players)
      Hero checks, SB bets €1.60, Hero calls €1.60

Turn: (€6.40) 8 (2 players)
      Hero checks, SB bets €3.80, Hero calls €3.80

River: (€14) Q (2 players)
      Hero checks, SB bets €14.70 and is all-in, Hero folds

Results:
      €14 pot (€0.70 rake)
      Final Board: A 6 J 8 Q
      SB mucked and won €13.30 ($6.30 net)
      Hero mucked K K and lost (-€7 net)

Ok, I've just started getting in to heads up play a little, starting tables and stuff and am still a little unsure about certain spots. Now this is how I would play the hand in a 6-Max game probably, but would you play it like this heads up? Villain seemed slightly recreational and was opening from the button 2.5-4x usually but hadn't done anything to wacky yet.

Do the same dynamics apply heads up? Would/should this be a cbet/re-evaluate spot? I just feel like I'm giving up the initiative here and playing a guessing game obviously the problems of playing oop. Is this played ok? Let me know what you think.

Thanks
  • 3 replies
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      Hi.

Both flush draws missed, but I guess the straight draws got there. KT got there, T9 got there. I wonder if he just turns QT KQ JT into a bluff when checked to. Probably not the best card in the deck to bluff catch.

I would probably call down on the 2 of hearts. here I think folding is fine
    • Ghartman
      Ghartman
      Bronze
      Originally posted by mbml
      Hi.

Both flush draws missed, but I guess the straight draws got there. KT got there, T9 got there. I wonder if he just turns QT KQ JT into a bluff when checked to. Probably not the best card in the deck to bluff catch.

I would probably call down on the 2 of hearts. here I think folding is fine
      Ok, thanks. And can I cbet here HU in this spot or do the same rules apply as in 6-max, with the Ace dropping on the flop? They say 'don't bet for information' but isn't it necessary sometimes in these kind of spots?

Thanks
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      I think cbet is also fine, for thin value. Maybe on a A85 board I would prefer checking but I think on a AJX board betting may be better.

We do get immediate value from JX and a ton of broadway draws. Then on the Turn we can c/c on blanks.