[NL20-NL50] nl20 Raised Holding Nut Blocker...

• Ghartman
      Ghartman
      Bronze
      $0.10/$0.20 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 5 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

BB: $39.11 (195.5 bb)
      MP: $49.92 (249.6 bb)
      CO: $18.17 (90.9 bb)
      Hero (BTN): $40.92 (204.6 bb)
      SB: $20 (100 bb)

Preflop: Hero is BTN with T A
      MP raises to $0.60, CO folds, Hero raises to $1.80, 2 folds, MP calls $1.20

Flop: ($3.90) T 2 J (2 players)
      MP checks, Hero bets $1.90, MP raises to $4.20, Hero calls $2.30

Turn: ($12.30) 7 (2 players)
      MP checks, Hero checks

River: ($12.30) K (2 players)
      MP bets $8.40, Hero folds

Results:
      $12.30 pot ($0.61 rake)
      Final Board: T 2 J 7 K
      MP mucked and won $11.69 ($5.69 net)
      Hero mucked T A and lost (-$6 net)

Ok, a couple of questions about this hand. This was played on an Anon table so not too much correct info on villain. It took me a while to find this hand so I can't remember too much about him. We'd had a couple of 3bet/4bet fold wars if I remember correctly though and he seemed pretty capable.

On the flop, I dislike these spots a lot. Is my bet-sizing ok? I like 1/2 pot in 3bet pots generally, which can invite spaz in some cases. My implieds are non-existent if the :club: comes I don't get paid unless he has a high :club: . Would a bluff 4bet/fold to like $9 be spewy here with my nut blocker, with us being a little deeper?

Also, on the turn, when he checks to me, it looks like he could be giving up (obviously he could be going for a raise) could I maybe bet/fold $5.50 here? A lot of times chk/rse followed by a turn check is a give up. This spot has come up a few times and I've pulled the trigger with mixed success :coolface: but I'm always a little hesitant. Would either of these plays be considered FPS/higher level plays, in a vacuum? And, of course, was the hand ok as played? Let me know.

Thanks
  • 1 reply
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      Hi.

Flop: I think checking this back is a good option, we get deception and if we do hit our draw we can get paid off. We also have showdown value so we can maybe call Turn and River on blank runouts.

But given that you are deep I would just bet.

Turn: Without the pair I would just bet again. I don't expect double check/raises too often. With the pair I prefer checking and then calling blank rivers. I just think that this villain doesn't rep too much if he checks Turn and bets River.

River: River is a bad card for us. He has some KcX and KQ combos in his range, maybe AQ too. I don't think we can call.

1) dislike reraising Flop. You would never play your nut flushes that way too.
      2) We have SD value so I'm not bluffing as mentioned previously