UTG raises to $0.40, fold, fold, fold, Hero calls $0.35, fold

Flop: ($0.90, 2 players) 6:heart: J:diamond: 9:diamond:
      Hero checks, UTG bets $0.43, Hero raises to $1.40, UTG calls $0.97

Turn: ($3.70, 2 players) 3:heart:
      Hero bets $2.60, UTG calls $2.60

River: ($8.90, 2 players) 9:heart:
      Hero bets $3.50, UTG raises to $6.58 and is all-in, fold

UTG wins $15.11

Pre flop i thought i was overcalling. I wouldn't call a single raise from utg w QTs.

On the flop when he cbets that small i think he always has a weak made hand or a draw but certainly i do not hink that he value bets.

On the turn i barrel to fold some weak draws n weak pairs that called once and on the river i bet to fold all the draws he has maybe some weak like QJs that went too far, that is why i do not bet too much.

He has a utg range of 10% cbets 70% and VPIP 16 PFR 13 on 200hands.
  • 3 replies
    • cutegoldfish
      cutegoldfish
      Bronze
      firstly pre flop call is too loose. UTG range is pretty strong and with TQs you are often behind and dominated. besides that you are out of position. FOLD pre flop.

as played on the flop check raising is fine since the board which is J high disconnected does not hit his range very hard, but when he calls he is displaying that he has a hand that he is willing to continue with and i think checking the turn would be best unless you hit your straight.

the worst mistake here is still calling TQs pre flop.

regards
      cgf
    • Deomedes
      Deomedes
      Bronze
      Pre flop i thought i was overcalling. I wouldn't call a single raise from utg w QTs.

Well about preflop i knew i did a mistake as soon i realized that there was a heads-up pot not a 3-way pot as i was thinking when calling. I posted the hand about my postflop play though.

My take is that the flop is wet. That is why i bet the turn. When i cr flop i expect all TP+ , FD , KQ (OC+gut) to call. That is 50% of his UTG range. Without counting TT that might call the cr and small pocket pairs that will not cbet in the first place.

That is why i like to bet turn and river when FD misses, since he rarely has sets which i think raise the turn if not 3bet the flop.

So for me his range is split then between 15combos of overpairs and 17 combos of TP and 15 combos of draws (AdTd, AdQd, AdKd, KQ). With 2 combos of QJ and some combos of KJ be very likely to fold to the 3rd barrel. That is also why i do not bet big because i can do the job with less. (right?)

Ofc my whole logic while playing the hand and my analysis now maybe totally wrong and i do not mean to sound defensive by posting the above.

Instead , I post here because i do want to learn from my mistakes and especially from the ones that i do not already know about.
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      Hi.

Preflop: As mentioned this is a snap fold. 4BB open + SB being OOP + 10% opening range. I am folding a hand as strong as AQo.

Flop: We have 2 options here, c/f and c/c. His bet size does look weak. But I don't think he necessarily cbets something like AKo here. Since his PF range is tight, and he also seems to have balanced cbetting ranges (I think 70% means that he just doesn't cbet too often on wetter flops), I don't think we are going to get that much fold equity on the Flop.

Of course I agree with the assumption that a smaller bet should mean weakness more often, but taking into account the strength of his PF range, as well as the fact that he doesn't have a high cbet of 85%+, I think we can just c/c here.

Turn: I don't think Flop cbet is too terrible, but especially when the 2nd flush draw comes out, I don't think we have any Turn fold equity. If we bet Turn, we must shove the River. I prefer just check/folding.

River: River is good in the sense that you can now rep hearts, but I still think given that the board paired it reduces number of J9s and 99 combos you can have. Still, we should probably stick to the plan and shove but i'm not loving it. We should have just given up earlier.

Thanks.