This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL5 Zoom KKs

• cheekopeh
      cheekopeh
      Bronze
      Poker Stars, $0.02/$0.05 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 6 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

Hero (BTN): $5.21 (104.2 bb)
      SB: $13.49 (269.8 bb)
      BB: $8.49 (169.8 bb)
      UTG: $4.85 (97 bb)
      MP: $3.38 (67.6 bb)
      CO: $2.43 (48.6 bb)

Preflop: Hero is BTN with K K
      2 folds, CO raises to $0.10, Hero raises to $0.45, SB folds, BB calls $0.40, CO folds

Flop: ($1.02) 7 2 8 (2 players)
      BB bets $0.70, Hero calls $0.70

Turn: ($2.42) Q (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $1.55, BB raises to $3.10, Hero folds

Results:
      $5.52 pot ($0.23 rake)
      Final Board: 7 2 8 Q
      Hero mucked K K and lost (-$2.70 net)
      BB mucked and won $5.29 ($2.59 net)

BB - ( $8.49 USD ) - VPIP: 18, PFR: 16, 3B: 10, AF: 3.3, Hands: 114

PF: I 3-bet 4.5x for pure value. Used to 3-bet 3x IP. But I went through 3-bet pots and see many players still calling 3-bets w PPs hoping to set-mine. So I'd rather 3-bet & charge them more.

Flop: I don't know if I played this bad. Natural instinct was to raise/call for protection. Raise/fold doesn't make sense. My mistake was not to look at Villain's stats. He's playing 18/16, not sure about positional VPIP but probably gonna be even tighter. I don't even think he will be calling PPs OOP. I can only think of AKhh which will donk e flop?

As played, I decided to go for pot control.

Turn: When he checks, I decided to bet for protection & go for a free showdown. When he min-raises, instant muck.

Do you think my analysis on e flop on his range is correct? If it is, means I should have raised for protection & try to get it in? Happened too fast at e table, need more practice on handreading :f_biggrin:
  • 1 reply
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      Hi.

Flop: I think raise and call are both fine. Calling is definitely preferred with the Kh, without the Kh I think both options are viable.

As played

Turn: I think bet/fold is fine if there's a lot of money left behind, his line just looks so weird but nutted at the same time.

However, I don't like the fact that you bet so large and the min-raise was almost as large as an all-in. You should have definitely bet smaller on the Turn so that you are left with more money behind on the River. 1.10 should be sufficient.