[NL2-NL10] NL2 SH: AQo

• acetbfish
      Villain is a very aggro fish how is aggresive a lot preflop and somewhat cautious postflop. Stats: 80/30/28 in 40 hands.

Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.02(BB) Replayer
      SB ($0.76)
      BB ($1.11)
      UTG ($1.51)
      Hero ($2.14)
      BTN ($5.46)

Dealt to Hero A:spade: Q:heart:

UTG raises to $0.10, Hero raises to $0.22, fold, fold, fold, UTG calls $0.12

FLOP ($0.47) A:heart: 6:spade: 7:club:

UTG checks, Hero bets $0.26

Preflop is my concern. I was thinking that if I just call his big raise preflop, I'm going in most cases to play fit or fold on the flop. So I decided to 3bet him small and play the hand having the initiative and position on him. What do you think about that move?
  • 1 reply
    • mbml

Preflop: I think 3betting is fine. Agree that calling sucks vs such a huge raise. Have you seen him make different raise sizes though? If he is only doing it with a very narrow range of hands and raising smaller with more hands, then I don't mind just folding but probably 3b is the best option. I don't really mind your 3b size, I actually think it's good. We want to keep his range as wide as possible.

Flop: He is loose preflop so he has so many worse aces here. I would just bet and be willing to play for stacks. If he calls I would fire turn and river too.