not running well in mtsng recently

• davidgod
      davidgod
      Bronze
      these two month i think i am running not well. though both months i made more than 3k winning. but i am not satisfied. from 15 jan to 31 jan i lost 2k,
      and this as this month i had a 3k+ winning session in 8 feb , but the rest of the days i am break even.

so disappointed, when i started to play the 45 m and 180 m sng, i feel like these games are like atm to me. so what could be the wrong?

i come up with several possible reasons

1 i played more, so other people know me as a reg player, so they change their strategy against me. especially other 20 tables multitabling regs

2 it is all variance

3 in these several months the games are getting tougher than before

4 the end of the year could be softer, but the begining of the year might be tougher.

i don't know which one is true

last year i played 3k mt sng's my roi was 26%, as for this year i played 3k games my roi is 6%, which is horrible. 6% is lower than the 9 man sng roi.
  • 4 replies
    • jimira
      jimira
      Bronze
      Could it be that you moved up in stakes ? - maybe playing more tables at once than before ?

Btw, what stakes do you play and how many tables ?
    • davidgod
      davidgod
      Bronze
      15 to 60 dollars ,but if i can not open enough tables i will add 7 and 8 dollar games.

normally 16 - 20 tables
    • Asaban
      Asaban
      Actually, 6% would be amazing for most single table SNG players ;)

Of course you should be able to get a ROI that is ~20% in mtsng's. Still, the variance is enormous and you will have long losing streaks as well as break even sessions.

Therefore 6% over a small sample size is perfectly fine.

The other factors will also play their role and lower your ROI for sure. But it shouldn't be as substantial as it is.

My advice would be: Play even more and try to grind it out. Swings come and go ;)

Regards,
      Asaban
    • davidgod
      davidgod
      Bronze
      it helps a lot thank you asaban

and i think maybe other people not knowing i am a reg when i just play the game is also a advantage for me in the beginning