[NL20-NL50] [Sh] Nl25 Kk

• dannywratten
      dannywratten
      Gold
      Hi!
      UTG 22/19/2.6/8.2/24/2.3k hands

Pre, I don't think I have ever flatted KK vs an open, but UTG is one of the better regs at my limit. Also CO & SB is are fairly spewy & squeezes a ton.

What do you think of not having a 3betting range vs solid regs in MP vs UTG? Probably just losing value 100bb deep, but he doesn't call much OOP.

Postflop plan was ro raise a ton of flops, even fairly dry ones, since UTG probably sees me as a tad spewy & I can rep more air.

Not sure if this is the best flop to raise, decided to go with it since I rep nothing, don't have any 8x in my range, so my range probably looks like FD's or randon spews.

Have absolutely no idea what to make of his min 3b, but i figure shoving looks more like a bluff/FD, where as if I call the 3bet I can't really rep any bluffs.

What do you guys think?

BB: $37.78 (151.1 bb)
      UTG: $27.32 (109.3 bb)
      Hero (MP): $25.82 (103.3 bb)
      CO: $25 (100 bb)
      BTN: $13.38 (53.5 bb)
      SB: $12.55 (50.2 bb)

Preflop: Hero is MP with K K
      UTG raises to $0.75, Hero calls $0.75, 4 folds

Flop: ($1.85) 8 8 2 (2 players)
      UTG bets $1, Hero raises to $3.50, UTG raises to $6, Hero raises to $25.07 and is all-in, UTG calls $19.07

Turn: ($51.99) 7 (2 players, 1 is all-in)
      River: ($51.99) 7 (2 players, 1 is all-in)

Results:
      $51.99 pot ($2.59 rake)
      Final Board: 8 8 2 7 7
      UTG showed 9 9 and lost (-$25.82 net)
      Hero showed K K and won $49.40 ($23.58 net)
  • 3 replies
    • w34z3l
      w34z3l
      Coach
      Coach
      Hey dannywratten,

Flat preflop is great in this spot. I think it's a pretty decent option to have no 3bet range vs regulars in this spot. If you do start 3betting I'd weight it heavily towards bluffs at first.

I think the standard option would be to flat the flop. You don't really represent much by raising this texture, unless specifically an 8. That might be good if villain thinks you are full of it though.

Villain doesn't represent much either. I wouldn't fold the hand, but I think flatting flop should be considered and may be a better line. It would suck if villain hero folded something like JJ-99 after you 4bet a paired board.
    • dannywratten
      dannywratten
      Gold
      Hey thanks :)

Yeh I agree flatting flop is the more standard line here, thats sort of why I chose to raise.
      Since I rep more air by raising flop, I think hes b/calling overpairs.

What do you think of calling flop/raising turn?
      I avoided this line since it looks so strong (esp on NL25 where people usually only raise turn with the nuts).

Maybe calling flop/turn & jamming some rivers could be ok? although probably a bit thin
    • w34z3l
      w34z3l
      Coach
      Coach
      Originally posted by dannywratten
      What do you think of calling flop/raising turn?
      I avoided this line since it looks so strong (esp on NL25 where people usually only raise turn with the nuts).
      Yeah, I think raising the turn for value is ok but it might be a better line to take as a bluff at these stakes since it looks strong. It depends on the turn card and villain's bet sizing too.

I think part of the value of flatting KK pf is to let aggressive opponents barrel and just call down being at the top of your range. If you think villain will not barrel light but will definitely stack off with any worse overpairs on the flop, just raise the flop immediately I guess.

Some villains might fold TT though - they don't think about your range, they just see there are 2 8's out there. It's not really that important what you are representing at these stakes, but vs some opponents you could potentially lose value by raising directly, especially if they will fire 2-3 barrels with AJo or 99 but fold to raise.

In most cases I'd just play call/call/call rather than raise the river. It's not impossible the river is a raise, depends how the board runs out.