This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL10 89s combo draw OOP

• Absolutism
      Absolutism
      Bronze
      Poker Stars, $0.05/$0.10 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 5 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

MP: $8.61 (86.1 bb)
      CO: $13.35 (133.5 bb)
      BTN: $5.23 (52.3 bb)
      SB: $2.38 (23.8 bb)
      Hero (BB): $10.37 (103.7 bb)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 9 8
      MP folds, CO raises to $0.30, 2 folds, Hero calls $0.20

Flop: ($0.65) 5 2 K (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO bets $0.40, Hero raises to $1.30, CO calls $0.90

Turn: ($3.25) 8 (2 players)
      Hero bets $2.30, CO calls $2.30

River: ($7.85) J (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO bets $7.40, Hero folds

Results:
      $7.85 pot ($0.35 rake)
      Final Board: 5 2 K 8 J
      CO mucked and won $7.50 ($3.60 net)
      Hero mucked 9 8 and lost (-$3.90 net)

Opponent is a 26/22 AF: 2.3 reg. I have very low samplesize on him (90 hands), and he had 11% Wtsd, probably just variance.

Flop raise is standard i guess, on the turn i decided to barrel, but its close, because he will almost never fold a hand he called the flop raise with, and if he raises, i have to fold here. But if i check/call, he will know exactly what i have.

River is very strange. I mean, he cant have a set/2 pair, he would have raised on flop or turn. The strongest hand he can have is AK maybe. Can i shove here as a bluff and expect a ton of folds here?

Another question: what hand can he shove on the river? Would KQ push here? I dont think so, most made hands would check back here. So only KJ can pretty much go all in here, and other flushdraws which missed. I was thinking about herocalling here with a pair of 8's, but i decided it would be too spewy for NL10. But still, can we call here?
  • 1 reply
    • kymupa
      kymupa
      Bronze
      Hello,

Preflop I think calling is fine.

Any information about his cbet would be great.
      Usually, I'm just check/calling here. We can't represent much on this board, we are OOP and we can be overflushed easily.

As played on the flop, considering his low WTSD I would just bet/bet/bet to try make him fold his Kx. Otherwise I would just check and decide what to do on the turn.

What he shoves on the river - well, it is questionable here. Considering his low WTSD he might shove busted draws here, also probably hand like AK/AA or a slowplayed set.
      Don't really think that KQ shoves here.

Best,
      Plamen