ilidek
      Bronze
      Hero (SB): $21.07 (105.4 bb)
      BB: $37.20 (186 bb)
      CO: $17.95 (89.7 bb)
      BTN: $21.52 (107.6 bb)

Preflop: Hero is SB with 3:diamond: 3:club:
      2 folds, Hero raises to $0.40, BB raises to $1.20, Hero calls $0.80

Flop: ($2.40) T:heart: K:club: 3:heart: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BB bets $1.60, Hero raises to $4.70, BB calls $3.10

Turn: ($11.80) 2:spade: (2 players)
      Hero bets $7.90, BB folds

31/23 17.5% 3b he has AF% 52/38/25 285h so I think it's better to x/c x/r on no H turn and x/c x/c x/c on H turn
  • 3 replies
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      Hi.

Preflop: I think this should usually be a fold. Good thing about this situation is that your open size is small (which I do not necessarily agree with), and his 3bet size is also small. Bad thing is that his range is just super wide and I think you are not really getting too much implied odds when you do hit your set.

Flop: Definitely check/raising is best here, on a flush draw + 2 broadway Flop. We just rep so many draws. I think raising 4$ is sufficient. Then we can half pot the Turn.

Right now you are clearly committing yourself, I would prefer either raising larger on flop and just jamming turn to rep a draw, or raise smaller on flop and bet smaller on turn so that there is still money left behind (at least halfpot).
    • ilidek
      ilidek
      Bronze
      You don't like the idea of mini raising?
      I am testing the idea of stealing any two for mini raise from SB and BU
      There are some guys who 3b me all the time but then I thigh up and steal for 3bb. You don’t like this idea? I play nl10 / nl20 people don’t adjust very good at those limits and I think I can use those leaks to earn more money. I just need to improve my cbeting knowledge. You don’t like this idea?

Btw I need to build my ranges for:
      a) shorts who has big 3b range on the blinds
      b) fish who is IP and don’t fold to cbets lets say 20% ft to cbet
      c) nits / TAGs behind me and fish in front of me

When your constructing preflop ranges movie will be ready?
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      I think min-raising is very easy countered (when BB just flats most of his range and starts playing back at you postflop). But if you are against guys who just don't adjust properly, then it's fine.

a) Probably min-raise or open 2.5BB with a 30-40% range. You should not open any wider than that

b) If he's passive, then open the top 50% of hands and open limp the rest, assuming fish is extremely passive.

c) Don't know how to answer this. I answered A and B assuming this is SB vs BB.

Thanks.