[NL2-NL10] nl10Sh FF AA 150bb deep stack off?

• RasTweet
      RasTweet
      Bronze
      Hey guys

27/27/7.0 only 25 hands

What do I do on the flop? I think bet/fold is a bit weak. But I don't like calling either because if a Q or a J comes I don't know what to do. Plus he could check behind.

I like the raise because I think he will 4b KK pre so his range is a lot of Kx hands and FD's and Maybe some 89ss. He could have 22 or 77. But people do stack off with the worst crap ever these days so I like my play here. But I might just be overplaying this.

Party, $0.05/$0.10 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 6 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

MP: $4.04 (40.4 bb)
      Hero (SB): $15.54 (155.4 bb)
      BB: $22.51 (225.1 bb)
      CO: $48.78 (487.8 bb)
      UTG: $17.01 (170.1 bb)
      BTN: $11.96 (119.6 bb)

Preflop: Hero is SB with A A
      2 folds, CO raises to $0.30, BTN folds, Hero raises to $1.10, BB folds, CO calls $0.80

Flop: ($2.30) K 7 2 (2 players)
      Hero bets $1.60, CO raises to $3.70, Hero raises to $9.60, CO raises to $15.50, Hero calls $4.84 and is all-in

Turn: ($31.18) K (2 players, 1 is all-in)
      River: ($31.18) 9 (2 players, 1 is all-in)

Results:
      $31.18 pot ($1.00 rake)
      Final Board: K 7 2 K 9
      Hero showed A A and won $30.18 ($14.64 net)
      CO showed 9 J and lost (-$15.54 net)

RasTweet
  • 4 replies
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      Hi.

I don't think he is ever raising KX here given stack depth, unless he is bad or unless the dynamic for flop raising is really aggro.

That pretty much leaves him with sets and draws. Given 100bb stacks i would probably 3bet here all day, Given 200bb stacks I would almost always flat. 150bb is a lot closer.

I don't like the Flop 3bet size, because I think it's pretty obvious that you have KK/AA/AK here almost always and that you are never folding. If you want to rep some air you need to make it much smaller, maybe 7$ so that you will be perceived to be more polarized and draws may still have fold equity vs you.

IMO villain's play is really bad, firstly he shouldn't have raised the Flop, and 2ndly when you made it so big already, it's pretty obvious that you are never folding so he should just fold to your flop 3bet. In that sense, you got lucky that he misplayed his hand despite your improper 3bet size. I also think that the flop bet size is a little too big, you can go slightly smaller to 1.30-1.40.
    • RasTweet
      RasTweet
      Bronze
      Hey MBML

I bet that big otf because we are so deep and I just want to build up to pot. Usually I bet less in a 3b pot yeah.

I get what you are saying and I don't doubt any word you say. But the thing is WE don't raise/stack off w/ Kx here, but the fish do some crazy stuff. This is still nl10 and people do really stupid moves. Thats why I stacked off otf. An example of this stupidity is this hand.

But a quick question. When he raises the flop is he going to have a set that often? I 3b pre, bet big otf it is very likely that I'm going to bet again ott. So why not let me? I'm just saying that if he had a set I think he's going to call more often.

RasTweet
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      well I don't know if he's a fish or not. I was assuming that he had reg-like stats and that even NL10 regs know that they shouldn't raise KX here. But yeah, your point about the abundance of fishes making stupid plays is certainly valid.

About your question: Their thought process is fairly simple.

"I have the nuts. Let's raise for value"

THE END.

Simple-minded fish are not thinking about stack sizes, about trapping you. Of course there are a ton of fish out there who just love to slowplay everything. But there are other types who will just raise any top pair on the Flop cos this is what goes on in their head, "Ooh I have a top pair let's raise."
    • RasTweet
      RasTweet
      Bronze
      Thanks for that mbml!

About the stats: it's only 25 hands. So it is basically worthless. But I'm always posting the stats, maybe a mistake on my part.

Regards

RasTweet