UTG ($7.93)
      UTG+1 ($7.60)
      UTG+2 ($4)
      MP1 ($4)
      MP2 ($4.15)
      CO ($4)
      Hero ($5.11)

Dealt to Hero K:heart: K:diamond:

fold, fold, fold, fold, fold, fold, Hero raises to $0.16, fold, BB raises to $0.56, Hero calls $0.40

FLOP ($1.14) 9:club: 5:heart: Q:diamond:

BB checks, Hero checks

TURN ($1.14) 9:club: 5:heart: Q:diamond: 5:diamond:

BB bets $0.60, Hero calls $0.60

RIVER ($2.34) 9:club: 5:heart: Q:diamond: 5:diamond: Q:heart:

BB bets $1.24, Hero calls $1.24
      Hero shows K:heart: K:diamond: (Pre 72%, Flop 85.7%, Turn 93.2%)BB shows 8:heart: A:diamond: (Pre 28%, Flop 14.3%, Turn 6.8%)Hero wins $4.58

I get a great hand and decide to open it big because of the loose player in the SB, I get 3bet by a player with reasonable 3bet stat even though he might put me just for stealing, so I call to keep his lower range in and play on the flop

Pretty dry flop, Q might hit him but he checks...I decide to check behind and try to bluffcatch, only card that I will really be afraid of is A and maybe J if he bets big on it...

I call the turn, dont think this card helps him in any way, if I raise him I will likely make his bluffs fold and get called by Qx or higher...

Another Q on the river...I have incline towards calling here instead of raising...I am pretty sure he isnt on a Qx card, he would probably be agressive with it on the flop + his river bet isnt big considering the pot, if I raise I will get called only by better...plan was to make him bluff and call it down, so I do that
  • 1 reply
    • kymupa
      kymupa
      Bronze
      Hello,

I don't mind raising on the bigger side due to SB here.
      When BB raises though, I prefer 4betting and getting it in.

Definitely bet the flop here. We have a good hand and we want to take value.

As played, calling down looks reasonable.
      We can't really raise the river here on this card, since I really doubt that he's going to end up calling with worse, so I think calling is fine.

Best,
      Plamen