UTG ($4.74)
      UTG+1 ($1.68)
      UTG+2 ($2.88)
      MP1 ($2)
      Hero ($4)
      BTN ($3.12)

MP1 posts $0.04

Dealt to Hero J:club: K:spade:

fold, UTG+1 calls $0.04, fold, MP1 checks, Hero raises to $0.20, BTN calls $0.20, fold, fold, fold, MP1 calls $0.16

FLOP ($0.70) 7:club: 8:diamond: K:club:

MP1 checks, Hero bets $0.50, BTN folds, MP1 calls $0.50

TURN ($1.70) 7:club: 8:diamond: K:club: 6:heart:

MP1 checks, Hero checks

RIVER ($1.70) 7:club: 8:diamond: K:club: 6:heart: 7:heart:

MP1 checks, Hero bets $0.64, MP1 calls $0.64

Hero shows J:club: K:spade: (Pre 28%, Flop 92.0%, Turn 95.5%)MP1 shows Q:diamond: Q:spade: (Pre 72%, Flop 8.0%, Turn 4.5%)Hero wins $2.84

I raise it up for value and to isolate the loose limper

I hit top pair, expect to have BU on a very wide range here, also think MP is on some PP or suited connectors type of hand...given the board is somewhat wet I bet bigger here for value and protection vs any draws and maybe weaker Kx hands

I go heads up and see the turn vs MP, not the best card I want to see on the turn...I check behind here because I am not sure if I will get called here by worse anymore and I can go for a 2 street value pot if the river seems ok

He checks again here and I put a smaller value bet...not sure what range he would call me with if I have put him all in, so I just decide to get some more money from his weaker Kx hands and PP, if he shoves here Im folding...
  • 3 replies
    • kymupa
      kymupa
      Bronze
      Hello,

Preflop is fine.

On the flop I like your bet.

Turn isn't the best since T9 now beats us, but there are still plenty of worse hands that could call us - weaker Kx/FD/9x/pair + draw, so considering that he has less than pot size bet left I would just shove here.

On the river I would shove. If we bet like this we just lose value.

Best,
      Plamen
    • HrabriLavek
      HrabriLavek
      Bronze
      Originally posted by kymupa

On the river I would shove. If we bet like this we just lose value.

Best,
      Plamen
      what can we expect here that will call our shove and put all the stack in?
      He buys in with 50bb btw.

I dont find it logical for him to put his whole stack in on the river with worse hands
    • kymupa
      kymupa
      Bronze
      Basically with the same hands he is going to call 64 cents I don't think his range is going to differ much due to our sizing here so just go for maximum value.

In addition, I think we have the best hand here most of the times, considering his play, so this is one other thing to incline us to shove rather than bet 1/3 pot.