BB: 681.3 BB
      UTG: 39 BB
      MP: 26.25 BB
      CO: 148.05 BB
      Hero (BTN): 283.15 BB
      SB: 100.5 BB

SB posts SB 0.5 BB, BB posts BB 1 BB

Pre Flop: (pot: 1.5 BB) Hero has K:diamond: K:club:

fold, fold, CO raises to 3 BB, Hero raises to 8 BB, fold, fold, CO calls 5 BB

Flop: (17.5 BB, 2 players) 2:diamond: 7:spade: 8:diamond:
      CO checks, Hero bets 10 BB, CO calls 10 BB

Turn: (37.5 BB, 2 players) J:diamond:
      CO checks, Hero checks

River: (37.5 BB, 2 players) 4:heart:
      CO checks, Hero bets 28.1 BB, CO calls 28.1 BB

CO shows T:club: T:heart: (One Pair, Tens) (Pre 19%, Flop 11%, Turn 9%)
      Hero shows K:diamond: K:club: (One Pair, Kings) (Pre 81%, Flop 89%, Turn 91%)
      Hero wins 89.05 BB

334 19/15 fold to 3bet 73%, call cbet 1/2 raise 1/2

I am not sure on turn if I should bet, and then bet river? The board was very bad, he has stats looking as regg, and I dont think he calls on this board turn and river with 99, TT. I could hope QQ, but it is unlikely because he should 4bet sometimes. He could have in his callign range 77,88, JJ, maybe AQs, AJs. When he checks river, I expect him to call large bet with weaker since my line looks like bluff.
  • 1 reply
    • EmanuelC16

I don't think there's a big difference from a vacuum play perspective between betting the turn or checking. It's all about your long term ranges against a regular or the current dynamic. I assume there's no current dynamic since you didn't mention any.

If you bet here in general, you are widening your value and barreling range quite a bit and this allows you to also bluff a wider range since your bluffs are balanced out by value hands. You increase your aggression quite a bit, however there is a downside. If you barrel so wide, you weaken your checking range quite a bit. You don't want to end up checking to give up the river too often against someone that could float and bluff rivers some of the time will print money against you the more you check.