• member001
      Full Tilt, $0.10/$0.25 No Limit Hold'em Cash, Rush, 6 Players

SB: $42.11 (168.4 bb)
      BB: $42.53 (170.1 bb)
      Hero (UTG): $54.48 (217.9 bb)
      MP: $9.86 (39.4 bb) 38/31 (13h)
      CO: $34.59 (138.4 bb)
      BTN: $81.21 (324.8 bb) 23/18(22h)

Stats are almost meaningless due to sample size, but MP is possible fish given his stack size, BU is possible reg.

Preflop: Hero is UTG with 5 5
      Hero raises to $0.75, MP raises to $1.75, CO folds, BTN calls $1.75, 2 folds, Hero calls $1

Flop: ($5.60) T 4 5 (3 players)
      Hero checks, MP bets $4, BTN calls $4, Hero calls $4

Turn: ($17.60) A (3 players)
      Hero checks, MP checks, BTN bets $11.80, Hero calls $11.80, MP folds

River: ($41.20) J (2 players)
      Hero checks, BTN bets $22.50, Hero folds

Preflop: maybe I should not open 55 from UTG; it is very marginal. As played, after the small 3bet and cold call, I am happy to call the extra $1 for set value and see a $5.60 flop.

Flop: I should have check/raised here for value against overpairs that put me on a draw. Not sure why I slowplayed. Probably I was thinking that people don't have flush draws so much in 3 bet pots. Pretty sure my passive play here was a mistake.

Turn: Horrible card. Getting a bit lost now. I don't think anyone called the flop with just overcards, so I don't think I can bet/fold for value against A-with-a- type of hands. I more feel that I'm way ahead / way behind. Given his bet size, I think my x/c is ok because we are deep so even if he does have the flush, I can call to hit my FH outs.

River: Easy x/f I suppose.
  • 1 reply
    • cutegoldfish
      raising all pocket pairs 22+ is profitable in UTG so the raise is fine. calling for set mining odds is cool too since you are deep.

on the flop I prefer betting out myself for value since im concerned that MP and BU could check back, or I dont mind a check/raise as well. How else are you going to get 200bb into the pot without a raise or bet at some point?

Turn isnt really that fantastic as it complete flush draws, I think check/calling is fine, you could even check/call the river since he could bet worse hands like 2pairs or top pair.

However the river card brings a 4card flush to the board. From BU action it appears he already had a piece of the board from the flop and turn, probably some kind of top pair or 2pair hand, you are still ahead of that range and i think checking is a great option for showdown. However he bets, I think he would be checking back his top pair kind hands and only betting his flush hands so its a fold here.