This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] NL25sh 55 set in 3b pot multiway, deep

• member001
      member001
      Bronze
      Full Tilt, $0.10/$0.25 No Limit Hold'em Cash, Rush, 6 Players

SB: $42.11 (168.4 bb)
      BB: $42.53 (170.1 bb)
      Hero (UTG): $54.48 (217.9 bb)
      MP: $9.86 (39.4 bb) 38/31 (13h)
      CO: $34.59 (138.4 bb)
      BTN: $81.21 (324.8 bb) 23/18(22h)

Stats are almost meaningless due to sample size, but MP is possible fish given his stack size, BU is possible reg.

Preflop: Hero is UTG with 5 5
      Hero raises to $0.75, MP raises to $1.75, CO folds, BTN calls $1.75, 2 folds, Hero calls $1

Flop: ($5.60) T 4 5 (3 players)
      Hero checks, MP bets $4, BTN calls $4, Hero calls $4

Turn: ($17.60) A (3 players)
      Hero checks, MP checks, BTN bets $11.80, Hero calls $11.80, MP folds

River: ($41.20) J (2 players)
      Hero checks, BTN bets $22.50, Hero folds

Preflop: maybe I should not open 55 from UTG; it is very marginal. As played, after the small 3bet and cold call, I am happy to call the extra $1 for set value and see a $5.60 flop.

Flop: I should have check/raised here for value against overpairs that put me on a draw. Not sure why I slowplayed. Probably I was thinking that people don't have flush draws so much in 3 bet pots. Pretty sure my passive play here was a mistake.

Turn: Horrible card. Getting a bit lost now. I don't think anyone called the flop with just overcards, so I don't think I can bet/fold for value against A-with-a- type of hands. I more feel that I'm way ahead / way behind. Given his bet size, I think my x/c is ok because we are deep so even if he does have the flush, I can call to hit my FH outs.

River: Easy x/f I suppose.
  • 1 reply
    • cutegoldfish
      cutegoldfish
      Bronze
      raising all pocket pairs 22+ is profitable in UTG so the raise is fine. calling for set mining odds is cool too since you are deep.

on the flop I prefer betting out myself for value since im concerned that MP and BU could check back, or I dont mind a check/raise as well. How else are you going to get 200bb into the pot without a raise or bet at some point?

Turn isnt really that fantastic as it complete flush draws, I think check/calling is fine, you could even check/call the river since he could bet worse hands like 2pairs or top pair.

However the river card brings a 4card flush to the board. From BU action it appears he already had a piece of the board from the flop and turn, probably some kind of top pair or 2pair hand, you are still ahead of that range and i think checking is a great option for showdown. However he bets, I think he would be checking back his top pair kind hands and only betting his flush hands so its a fold here.

regards

cgf