BB: 111.65 BB
      UTG: 164.1 BB
      Hero (MP): 351.25 BB
      CO: 156.65 BB
      BTN: 100 BB
      SB: 40.5 BB

SB posts SB 0.5 BB, BB posts BB 1 BB

Pre Flop: (pot: 1.5 BB) Hero has J:diamond: Q:diamond:

UTG raises to 3 BB, Hero raises to 9 BB, fold, fold, fold, fold, UTG raises to 21 BB, Hero calls 12 BB

Flop: (43.5 BB, 2 players) 8:club: 9:diamond: T:spade:
      UTG bets 29 BB, Hero raises to 58 BB, UTG raises to 87 BB, Hero raises to 330.25 BB and is all-in, UTG calls 56.1 BB

Turn: (329.7 BB, 2 players) 6:club:

River: (329.7 BB, 2 players) Q:club:

UTG shows A:club: A:spade: (One Pair, Aces) (Pre 80%, Flop 3%, Turn 0%)
      Hero shows J:diamond: Q:diamond: (Straight, Queen High) (Pre 20%, Flop 97%, Turn 100%)
      Hero wins 314.7 BB

300 hands, 32/25 fold to 3bet 79, 4bet 0.

I 3bet him because he folds often and opens 20 from utg. also if he calls I think it is mostly with PP, which folds to cbet when misses.
      Is it ok to call his min 4bet because we are deep and I am hoping to hit fd or OESD? I was lucky this time, but i guess even if there is draw, it is expensive to call it, and doesnt come each time?
  • 3 replies
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      Hi.

Preflop: I would probably call from CO and BU, but in MP I just dislike calling too much. 3betting just to isolate and prevent multi-way action seems like the best play preflop.

Flop: Raise if we think he rarely has air here, and call if we think he is full of it and will continue barreling. I think both options are fine vs an unknown. But I would definitely raise sets and the lower end of the straight. With the nut straight I think slowplaying is definitely an option.

Thanks.
    • mlatasrb
      mlatasrb
      Gold
      Originally posted by mbml
      Hi.

Preflop: I would probably call from CO and BU, but in MP I just dislike calling too much. 3betting just to isolate and prevent multi-way action seems like the best play preflop.

Flop: Raise if we think he rarely has air here, and call if we think he is full of it and will continue barreling. I think both options are fine vs an unknown. But I would definitely raise sets and the lower end of the straight. With the nut straight I think slowplaying is definitely an option.

Thanks.
      But is it ok to call his 4bet IP deep? Because I get good odds, but I am not sure how often I hit 2 pairs, tripps, flush, straight
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      About calling the 4b, I think given the super small 4bet sizes and stack sizes, calling is marginal. If stacks are super deep, then it may be ok to call here with initial odds and some implied odds on 2pair/trips/straight/flush.

Here with 160BB only, against this guy who may very well be super nitty and have KK+ here all day, then it may be bad. The stronger his 4b range is, the more we want nut potential and deep stacks. If his 4b range is really wide, then I think this would be a pretty easy call.