This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] KQo donk turn and river

• mlatasrb
      mlatasrb
      Bronze
      iPoker - $0.20 NL FAST (6 max) - Holdem - 6 players
      Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

BB: 163.6 BB
      UTG: 135.35 BB
      Hero (MP): 240.65 BB
      CO: 27.75 BB
      BTN: 140 BB
      SB: 74 BB

SB posts SB 0.5 BB, BB posts BB 1 BB

Pre Flop: (pot: 1.5 BB) Hero has K:club: Q:spade:

fold, Hero raises to 3 BB, fold, fold, fold, BB calls 2 BB

Flop: (6.5 BB, 2 players) 8:spade: 2:diamond: 9:spade:
      BB checks, Hero bets 4.85 BB, BB calls 4.85 BB

Turn: (16.2 BB, 2 players) K:diamond:
      BB bets 13 BB, Hero calls 13 BB

River: (42.2 BB, 2 players) 4:diamond:
      BB bets 42 BB, Hero calls 42 BB

BB shows A:club: T:heart: (High Card, Ace) (Pre 60%, Flop 73%, Turn 7%)
      Hero shows K:club: Q:spade: (One Pair, Kings) (Pre 40%, Flop 27%, Turn 93%)
      Hero wins 119.9 BB

he is unknown.

Is it ok to cbet here IP, and plan to barrel on scare card turn and river? If I would be OOP, I would give up on this board.
      Fold river? His bet on river is either set or air imo. I doubt that he plays set this way, because turn is a scare card, so it doesnt make sense that he wants to scare me.
  • 1 reply
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      Hi.

Flop: We have 2 overcards, and a backdoor flush draw, and some backdoor gutshot straight draws. I think this is a bet, irregardless of whether we are IP or OOP.

Turn + River: No point raising and no point folding, we are good often enough to call down.

I think the results pretty much answered your question about the River spot. If he can show up with ATo here he can show up with so much junk. This is a fist-pump snap call. if he had a set he would probably check/raise the Turn to go for max value and also protect vs your flush draws, as opposed to just betting. The King is also a card which you will certainly try to represent really often.

Nice hand.