Lithuanian soldier - tadcka

• tadcka
      tadcka
      Black
      Sir, yes sir!

I'm Tadas a.k.a. tadcka, student a.k.a part-time poker professional from Lithuania. I'm studying software engineering at Vilnius University(best in town) and I'm only on the 1st year. I'm happy kid because I have a nice family, beautiful girlfriend, good friends. I enjoy sports a lot. My favourite ones are basketball(was playing and training in my hometown team for 8 years), beach volleyball(mmm.. summer...) and lately I started playing tennis(cool sport).

Even if I enjoy programming and all that stuff, I sill can't imagine myself working full time blah blah blah job, get bored after few months, feel depressed and so on. That's why I'm playing pokah, university is just for plan B if some strange laws would be signed or purple fridays would start for international players. :f_love:

I found this game 3 years ago, when some friends offered to join SnG in the summer camp. I fell in love with this game instantly and since than, to sum up all those 3 years I haven't played poker maybe a little bit more than for a month.

Before started playing with real money I set up my main goal not to put money in account earned outside the poker table. And I'm successfuly doing that. I remember that I won 3.57$ in a freeroll and since then I never looked back. I have tried all possible formats of NL holdem, was swinging like a hell, from those 3$ to 5k$ again to 50$, but I still found motivation to grind because I feel such a big passion for this game and now my main game is zoom and atm I'm making more money from it than average Joe's sallary in Lithuania. Current limit NL100, but it's definately not enough for me, I want to improve and be much much much more better, crush everyone's souls and so on. And after making 7 figures start my own bussiness.

:heart: Goals

Improve, improve, improve and one more time improve both, my game skills at the tables and my mental game.

By the end of this year I want at least to be solid @NL500.

:heart: Expectations

From this bootcamp I expect a lot of useful information, discussions with ambitious and people better than me.

:heart: Strugglaments

At the moment the biggest attention I pay to my mental game and my productivity, because I had a 500k hands downswing by the end of the 2012 and I had to find motivation somewhere and get my confidence back. I found a lot of useful stuff and I'm happy that such downswing came to my house, because I learned so much stuff last months.

Ok, I guess it's enough for now, feel free to ask anything :f_p: also posting my graph of 2013, C ya! :heart:

• 34 replies
    • ErikStenqvist
      ErikStenqvist
      Global
      :heart: Strugglaments

At the moment the biggest attention I pay to my mental game and my productivity, because I had a 500k hands downswing by the end of the 2012 and I had to find motivation somewhere and get my confidence back. I found a lot of useful stuff and I'm happy that such downswing came to my house, because I learned so much stuff last months.
      Hey tadcka!

My name is Erik and I will be part of the coaching staff focusing on Tilt, A-Game, Mindset, and Lifecoaching. So if you have any questions I will have a thread up soon where you can easily let me know if you updated your thread with anything I might be able to help out with. I'll be trolling around the forums but just so i don't miss anything. :)

When you talk about the mental game what specifically are you struggling with the most today? If you could pick 2 mental game issue you could instantly remove from your game, which would they be?

Break it down as much as you can and post it here and I'll give you my take on and give you some practical exercises and such you can do to actively work on improving them.

Cheers!
    • tadcka
      tadcka
      Black
      Hey, Erik!

Firstly, at moment I mostly fight with looking at the session results during the session. Knowing how I run at that moment influences my game and I start thinking about the money and not about my game at the tables. Even if I'm running like a God it still somehow affects my game, I don't want to loose anymore and sometimes stop my session, even if I could play focused for some more time. If I would be more advanced programmer I would write a soft, that wouldn't let me press cashier button while playing and so on :D

Secondly, I still sometimes play, when I shouldn't do that. I'm not doing this as often as I used to do it before, but still sometimes enough 2-3 those sessions to screw up my monthly results, thank God that it didn't happen this month.

One more thing is, I have never developed a skill, to stop the session when I'm running really baaad. I mean I haven't mastered sticking to the stop loss limit rule.

And finally, I started changing my whole life. I cut off all drinks except water and tea from my life, haven't eaten junk food for two month already, but still I need to balance my nutrition much. In addition to, I need to develop organising my day skills, I mean making timetable and sticking to it as much as possible. Also I spend really a lot of time surfing the net and doing some meaningless things, instead of improving my game, studying outside the table, because usually it's hard to find motivation and energy for it, especially when I'm running good.

That's it for now, maybe I forgot some stuff, when I'll remeber I'll write them down instantly :f_cool:

cheers :heart:
    • Mantelo
      Mantelo
      Gold
      Nice, half of the soldiers are from Lithuania :diamond: I believe, PStrategy should take this into account :f_biggrin:
    • tadcka
      tadcka
      Black
      Originally posted by Mantelo
      Nice, half of the soldiers are from Lithuania :diamond: I believe, PStrategy should take this into account :f_biggrin:
      +1, at least a VIP party should be held here in Lithunia :D
    • tadcka
      tadcka
      Black
      Some basic positional stats, only NL100 in 2013

February stats

• Schnitzelfisch
      Schnitzelfisch
      Bronze
      Originally posted by tadcka

And finally, I started changing my whole life. I cut off all drinks except water and tea from my life, haven't eaten junk food for two month already, but still I need to balance my nutrition much. In addition to, I need to develop organising my day skills, I mean making timetable and sticking to it as much as possible. Also I spend really a lot of time surfing the net and doing some meaningless things, instead of improving my game, studying outside the table, because usually it's hard to find motivation and energy for it, especially when I'm running good.

Hey Tadas,

here's when I come in to help you out ;) .

I think it's really awesome that you've already changed your nutrition so much. Combined with your love of sports, that should give you quite a bit of energy ;) .

What exactly would you like to balance/optimize about your nutrition?

Hmm, the time table sounds interesting. Have you tried a similar approach in the past? Did it work? Why did it (not) work?

What have you done about spending time on the internet? Have you tried using browser addons like stayfocusd and leechblock?

Have you perhaps tried writing and frequently reviewing a vision statement (chapter 1 of my productivity guide)? It could help you with motivation and it would also remind you frequently what you want to do. So for example, by writing in it that you don't want to spend the time browsing the internet and doing meaningless things, you could constantly hold yourself accountable for it and gradually decrease the time which you spend doing such things.

A tool which could help you track your time which you spend on your computer (on applications, webpages, documents...) is manictime, maybe you can take a look at it :) .

Are there any other productivity issues which you have? Would you perhaps like to optimize your productivity at certain times of the day?

I'm looking forward to hearing from you soon!

-Primož
    • tadcka
      tadcka
      Black
      Hey, Schnitzelfisch!

Yeah I know your productivity guide and I read it almost all. That's why I started applying all those things. It helped me a lot during a massive downswing.

What exactly would you like to balance/optimize about your nutrition?

I want to have normal eating habbits at stated time. It is also sucks for me that I'm allergic to poultry and eggs for a bit, coz they are one of the main courses in healthy nutrition. Sometimes there are days when I only eat once but a lot with some snacks, sometimes I eat too much and this is mainly because of lack of time(studies, I mean when lectures are from 9am to 4 pm it really sucks) and lazyness to cook.

Hmm, the time table sounds interesting. Have you tried a similar approach in the past? Did it work? Why did it (not) work?

Yeah, I tried to do timetables before and especially during exam session, coz I really needed balance studying with everything else through those weeks not to go insane. After exam session tried to make timetables too, but it was hard to stick to them, because a lot of unexpected things happens during the day, which totally messes up my timetable.

What have you done about spending time on the internet? Have you tried using browser addons like stayfocusd and leechblock?

Actually haven't done anything so far, yeah I read about those softwares in your guide, but this part didn't try to apply.

Have you perhaps tried writing and frequently reviewing a vision statement (chapter 1 of my productivity guide)? It could help you with motivation and it would also remind you frequently what you want to do. So for example, by writing in it that you don't want to spend the time browsing the internet and doing meaningless things, you could constantly hold yourself accountable for it and gradually decrease the time which you spend doing such things.

Read about vision statement too. I have it, but didn't transfered it on paper from my head. Sometimes I have issues with my motivation, but I quickly find ways how to pump it up, watching various videos, thinking what things are waiting for me if I put enough effort to poker and so on.

A tool which could help you track your time which you spend on your computer (on applications, webpages, documents...) is manictime, maybe you can take a look at it .

Today at uni had a lecture about time tracking and then reviewing where you spend the most and since next week I'm going to track everything for 2 weeks.

Are there any other productivity issues which you have? Would you perhaps like to optimize your productivity at certain times of the day?

A lot of more things I need to work on, to be happy with my productivity. I suck usually after lectures in the afternoon, because when I come back home, I'm not doing anything, just lieing on the couch and doing meaningless stuff, because I have no energy for other more important things at that time. It's cool when I success to get a power nap, after it I get my energy back and can work on more serious things. And also why timetable is very important to me, because I don't get enough sleep, I sleep on average I guess 6 or 7 hours if I'm lucky, but I should at least need 8 of them.
    • tadcka
      tadcka
      Black
      bump, don't like my thread on 2nd page :f_p:
    • Schnitzelfisch
      Schnitzelfisch
      Bronze
      Hey there Tadas,

I can understand that because of studies it can be hard to eat properly during the day. Have you perhaps tried preparing some meals in advance, or purchasing some portable food?

Things like yoghurts, protein bars, fruit and nuts can be highly portable and should be easy to consume during the breaks between the lectures :) .

Well, poultry and eggs are really a big part of the nutrition, that's true, but there are other options you can try as well, such as fish (tuna, salmon, trout, panga, etc.), beef, lamb meat, wild animal meat, sheep meat, etc. (although those might be a bet harder to cook :| ).

I understand that timetables get messed up when unexpected things happen, that's actually IMO the biggest problem of them (and no freedom + boredom). Have you perhaps tried using daily/weekly goals, or a system like Getting things done/The lists system from Eat that frog instead?

Although I think that a timetable system can work for some people as well, but there you have to really be careful with your priorities and not feeling bad if something comes inbetween. If you are constantly frustrated, that'll do your productivity no good.

The best way that you could solve the "things coming inbetween" problem would probably be that you would really eliminate distractions during your work time. Turning off the phone, skype, etc. is one way to do it, and you can also perhaps try waking up earlier and working on your game in the morning, before the lectures (as you're not likely to get distracted then ;) ).

A power nap is a very good idea in the afternoon (how come that you don't do it daily?), and it would be a great habit to adapt. Other activities that might help you increase your productivity in the afternoon are going for a walk/jog, doing some pushups, taking a shower, etc. :) .

Sleep is very important yep, and 8h/sleep a night is a great way to ensure good recovery. However, there are other ways as well, and if you look at this article, you can perhaps sleep for less hours and still get sufficient recovery :) .

Let me know how it goes!

-Primož
    • tadcka
      tadcka
      Black
      I can understand that because of studies it can be hard to eat properly during the day. Have you perhaps tried preparing some meals in advance, or purchasing some portable food?

It sucks even to carry laptop with me and everything is because of public transport, but I've already started saving for car, so before the summer I should get one, but still I will try at least to carry some nuts with me. And how those protein bars looks like? isn't they disguisting? I'm fish at this :f_biggrin:

I understand that timetables get messed up when unexpected things happen, that's actually IMO the biggest problem of them (and no freedom + boredom). Have you perhaps tried using daily/weekly goals, or a system like Getting things done/The lists system from Eat that frog instead?

I think I should get a kindle soon, so many things to read :f_frown:

A power nap is a very good idea in the afternoon (how come that you don't do it daily?), and it would be a great habit to adapt. Other activities that might help you increase your productivity in the afternoon are going for a walk/jog, doing some pushups, taking a shower, etc. .

I'm trying to do them as often as possible and when I need them, but definately have to master it as a habbit.

Sleep is very important yep, and 8h/sleep a night is a great way to ensure good recovery. However, there are other ways as well, and if you look at this article, you can perhaps sleep for less hours and still get sufficient recovery .

Hmm pretty logical tactic of sleeping, I guess I should start adapting it. And if the earliest day when I wake up is 7am because of lectures, so it means that I have to synchronize all my days and start waking up on 7am, daaamn, it's soo hard to get out of that warm and soft bed soo early! :f_biggrin:
    • Schnitzelfisch
      Schnitzelfisch
      Bronze
      Hey again!

Protein bars differ quite a bit, but things like oh yeah bars are about as good as regular snack bars IMO, they just don't cause you to feel like crap and don't make you even hungrier but fill you up instead ;) . You could also try something like beef jerky, that's very portable as well :) .

Best learn speed reading then :D (now i've given you even more stuff to read, haha).

As for waking out of the warm bed, I agree with you. But luckily, you can train yourself to wake up with the alarm clock - read this article :) .

Looking forward to hearing from you soon with some improvement and results :) .

-Primož
    • tadcka
      tadcka
      Black
      you have to read if you know how to read, damn, so much stuff :f_biggrin:

Btw thanks for your time and pieces of advice, I'll definately read everything you recommended :f_p:
    • tadcka
      tadcka
      Black
      villain stats

Poker Stars $0.50/$1 No Limit Hold'em - 6 players - View hand 2129377
      DeucesCracked Poker Videos Hand History Converter

BTN: $141.20
      SB: $154.42
      BB: $58.32
      UTG: $199.96
      Hero (MP): $246.92
      CO: $100.00

Pre Flop: ($1.50) Hero is MP with K :diamond: A :spade:
      UTG raises to $2.50, Hero calls $2.50, 3 folds, BB calls $1.50

Flop: ($8.00) K :heart: Q :heart: A :diamond: (3 players)
      BB checks, UTG bets $4, Hero raises to $13, BB folds, UTG raises to $37, Hero calls $24

Turn: ($82.00) 7 :club: (2 players)
      UTG bets $58.50, Hero folds

Any ideas? :f_confused:
    • tadcka
      tadcka
      Black
      NL100 zoom this month, I like my redline now, but blue sucks a little bit. I hope it's because of a little bad run and a lot of expermenting, but still it's just a small sample size, we will see how it's going later. By trying to implement new things, sometimes I get too spewy, for example:

Poker Stars $0.50/$1 No Limit Hold'em - 6 players -

villain seems regish 25/19/9.5/ fold BB to SB steal 0%/ 268hands

I didn't have a clue what he was trying to represent, even if he would have 22 and 33 I think I still have some fold equity, so instinctivly almost snap pushed :f_mad:

BTN: $144.80
      Hero (SB): $224.79
      BB: $238.97
      UTG: $51.00
      MP: $31.91
      CO: $77.60

Pre Flop: ($1.50) Hero is SB with K :spade: T :heart:
      4 folds, Hero raises to $3, BB raises to $9, Hero calls $6

Flop: ($18.00) 9 :club: 5 :diamond: 2 :diamond: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BB checks

Turn: ($18.00) J :club: (2 players)
      Hero bets $8, BB calls $8

River: ($34.00) 3 :heart: (2 players)
      Hero bets $24, BB raises to $74.50, Hero raises to $207.79 all in

And here is a graph:
    • NightFrostaSS
      NightFrostaSS
      Bronze
      JFC, find a fold button for once. :f_biggrin:
    • tadcka
      tadcka
      Black
      Imagine what would happen if my blue line start going up, I would take over the world :f_biggrin:
    • NightFrostaSS
      NightFrostaSS
      Bronze
      Easy,

1) Get them to fold when you don't have it, get them to call when you have it.

2) ??????????????

3) Profit :f_biggrin:
    • tadcka
      tadcka
      Black
      I think now it's time to make those regs call my river overbets when I have value hands, just one problem, I need to hit them :f_confused:
    • tadcka
      tadcka
      Black
      What blue line? What is that for, definately not for me :f_biggrin: