This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] nl5 55 zoom on bb

• Dyszka90
      Dyszka90
      Bronze
      PokerStars - $0.05 NL FAST (6 max) - Holdem - 6 players
      Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

BTN: 57.4 BB
      SB: 158.8 BB
      Hero (BB): 102 BB
      UTG: 120.2 BB
      MP: 33.6 BB
      CO: 178.8 BB

SB posts SB 0.4 BB, Hero posts BB 1 BB

Pre Flop: (pot: 1.4 BB) Hero has 5:heart: 5:spade:

fold, fold, CO raises to 5 BB, fold, fold, Hero calls 4 BB

Flop: (10.4 BB, 2 players) 7:club: Q:spade: 5:diamond:
      Hero checks, CO bets 10 BB, Hero calls 10 BB

Turn: (30.4 BB, 2 players) K:club:
      Hero checks, CO bets 29 BB, Hero raises to 87 BB and is all-in, fold

Hero wins 84.8 BB
  • 1 reply
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      Hi.

Preflop: What do we know about villain? I would probably fold this vs a 5BB open vs a good player. The initial investment is way too large (need to call 4bb more) and we are going to be OOP without the initiative. So basically we need to win a lot of money everytime we hit a set. OR we need to be able to get to showdown really often (that works vs a passive player). OR we need to be able to bluff him off his hand postflop sometimes.

No info provided here, so I would fold this by default as I don't think it is going to be profitable, unless you are significantly more skilled than CO.

Flop: He has shown a ton of strength by potting. Definitely calling here.

Turn: Same goes for the Turn play. I think he would continue firing river a lot of the time so just check/call and let him fire river and we can check/raise over his river bet. The King is also a card which he is going to try representing (AK/KQ/KJ) so let him continue bluffing.

Another thing to point out is that his bet size is just so large, so I am not too worried about raising the Turn to build the pot. If he bet halfpot on Flop and Turn then I would be more inclined to check/raise the Turn.

Thanks.