Turn: (30.4 BB, 2 players) K:club:
      Hero checks, CO bets 29 BB, Hero raises to 87 BB and is all-in, fold

Hero wins 84.8 BB
  • 1 reply
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      Hi.

Preflop: What do we know about villain? I would probably fold this vs a 5BB open vs a good player. The initial investment is way too large (need to call 4bb more) and we are going to be OOP without the initiative. So basically we need to win a lot of money everytime we hit a set. OR we need to be able to get to showdown really often (that works vs a passive player). OR we need to be able to bluff him off his hand postflop sometimes.

No info provided here, so I would fold this by default as I don't think it is going to be profitable, unless you are significantly more skilled than CO.

Flop: He has shown a ton of strength by potting. Definitely calling here.

Turn: Same goes for the Turn play. I think he would continue firing river a lot of the time so just check/call and let him fire river and we can check/raise over his river bet. The King is also a card which he is going to try representing (AK/KQ/KJ) so let him continue bluffing.

Another thing to point out is that his bet size is just so large, so I am not too worried about raising the Turn to build the pot. If he bet halfpot on Flop and Turn then I would be more inclined to check/raise the Turn.

Thanks.