MP1 ($10.15) 102bb
      MP2 ($12.26) 123bb
      Hero (CO) ($17.39) 174bb
      BTN ($10) 100bb
      SB ($12.68) 127bb
      BB ($10.22) 102bb

Pre-Flop: ($0.15, 8 players) Hero is CO 9:spade: 8:spade:
      4 folds, Hero raises to $0.35, 1 fold, SB calls $0.30, 1 fold

Flop: J:spade: K:spade: 7:heart: ($0.80, 2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $0.44, SB calls $0.44

Turn: A:spade: ($1.68, 2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $1.23, SB calls $1.23

River: A:heart: ($4.14, 2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $3.16
      shove?
  • 3 replies
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      Hi.

Preflop: I don't like raising so large from late position as a standard. I think 3.5bb is way too large. When our range is wide we should put in less money.

Personally I tend to min-raise, but at lower stakes i think it's probably better just to open 2.5-3bb in CO. You can try to steal a wide range. I just think that the BU/SB/BB will not 3bet you enough to sufficiently adjust to a looser stealing range.

Flop: My typical bet size would be around 70% pot here, so that's like 55 cents. However, this guy is clearly a fish. I don't think we need to be balanced here. And by default I am usually double-barreling my flush draws. When we know that we are going to continue putting in more money in the pot anyway on future streets, we should just bet larger on the Flop. So 70cents looks fine to me in this exact situation.

Turn: The Ace of spades is a really good card for us. I think he has AQ/AT/QT/AJ fairly often, hands that are improved by the Ace. I would just pot here and go for max value. Based on all his stats, it points out to him being loose and passive and being a huge calling station (WTSD = 39%).

River: This card sucks as we now lose to AJ/AK but I think he has some straights or trips that he wouldn't fold now. I would bet 75% pot and fold to a raise.

Thanks.
    • nipbourne
      nipbourne
      Bronze
      Flop: My typical bet size would be around 70% pot here, so that's like 55 cents. However, this guy is clearly a fish. I don't think we need to be balanced here. And by default I am usually double-barreling my flush draws. When we know that we are going to continue putting in more money in the pot anyway on future streets, we should just bet larger on the Flop. So 70cents looks fine to me in this exact situation.

but we are not betting for value, such fish would fold the same range if i bet bigger?
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      I'm not sure what street he folds (flop or turn), but we are goign to 2barrel anyway and hope he folds the Turn. As such, if the bet size is larger on the Flop, the pot will be larger on the Turn and if we take down a bigger Turn pot, good for us.

If we hit our draw and the pot is bigger, good for us too. Basically in spots where we want to put in a lot of money on later streets, it just makes more sense to bet larger earlier on.