Playing poker with opposite hand

• justkyle88
      justkyle88
      Bronze
      How many have taught yourself to play with your opposite hand?

I've just come out of operation on my right clavicle because I broke it and I'm unable to reach where my mouse usually is, so I've been trying to use my weaker hand to use my mouse/type etc.

Anyone have any tips for strengthening weaker hand for poker sessions? hehe
  • 22 replies
    • elchipriota
      elchipriota
      Bronze
      Like most things in the world it is a matter of practise.

Did you modify the buttons on the mouse?

I used to be a left handed user and switched when I was young so other way is def possible.

All the best
    • ninuu
      ninuu
      Bronze
      I do it as well, sometimes I switch positions on the chair and it is more comfortable to play with the left hand, no biggie for me
    • justkyle88
      justkyle88
      Bronze
      Originally posted by elchipriota
      Like most things in the world it is a matter of practise.

Did you modify the buttons on the mouse?

I used to be a left handed user and switched when I was young so other way is def possible.

All the best
      I didnt know you could change the buttons on the mouse haha
      I'll have to look into this.
    • DannyJQ
      DannyJQ
      Bronze
      I'm left-handed, but I use right-handed mouse and its on my right side so i cross my hands and use the mouse with left hand and keyboard with right(not that i use the keyboard a lot when grinding). Funny thing is im mostly doing that while im playing poker, otherwise I'm just doing it regular way. (never got to try a left-handed mouse :O ).
    • VladimirN
      VladimirN
      Bronze
      My left hand is so useless that I'd rather use my right foot.
    • ThatGuyMatt
      ThatGuyMatt
      Bronze
      I'm on the laptop, tried to switch using my left hand for touchpad, and right to click. Took me a good 2-3 minutes just to scroll down and click reply ;(

However, off topic... I did swap my "chewing side" when at school, terrible pain in the right side of my mouth and now I mostly chew on the left and find it odd on the right. try switching next time you eat!
    • Alficor1
      Alficor1
      Bronze
      Try masturbation. I don't know if it's gonna help, but it never really hurt anyone before.
    • justkyle88
      justkyle88
      Bronze
      Just switched the buttons around to see how it goes while I troll the forums some more.

@VladimirN, I'd prob have more success moving my mouse with my mouth than my left hand.
    • harryden
      harryden
      Basic
      Do practice more with left hand for playing poker....but I'm also left hander which is too easy for me...hahahaaha but you can ...
    • dannywratten
      dannywratten
      Gold
      Originally posted by Alficor1
      Try masturbation. I don't know if it's gonna help, but it never really hurt anyone before.
      Was wondering how long it would be before something like this came up :D
    • supeyrio
      supeyrio
      Bronze
      definitely not too tough, just takes slightly longer time though!
    • bradomurder
      bradomurder
      Bronze
      I disagree. Obviously you don't push yourself to go for that 4th or 5th before work
    • bennisboy
      bennisboy
      Bronze
      Just like tennis, lefties have an advantage in poker. Teach yourself to pay left handed and leave your opponents befuddled
    • 3prswins
      3prswins
      Bronze
      Read an article on the BBC today

"There is data to suggest that men who ejaculate more are less prone to prostate cancer, he says. "You could argue that it's not so healthy to be celibate."

What more proof do you need :D
    • justkyle88
      justkyle88
      Bronze
      It seems to be getting easier and easier but I'm super slow at moving my mouse.
    • RedStarUltras
      RedStarUltras
      Bronze
      try ....
    • Wriggers
      Wriggers
      Bronze
      Originally posted by DannyJQ
      I'm left-handed, but I use right-handed mouse and its on my right side so i cross my hands and use the mouse with left hand and keyboard with right(not that i use the keyboard a lot when grinding). Funny thing is im mostly doing that while im playing poker, otherwise I'm just doing it regular way. (never got to try a left-handed mouse :O ).
      Wtf :f_biggrin: :f_biggrin:

I'm left handed and just use my right hand for the mouse cos i'm pro :f_cool:
    • Jafreiteris
      Jafreiteris
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Wriggers

+1
    • dannywratten
      dannywratten
      Gold
      Originally posted by Jafreiteris
      Originally posted by Wriggers

+1
      Yeh I'm left handed also, but use the mouse with my right. Feels really wierd trying to swap :f_biggrin: