[NL20-NL50] [NL25 SH Zoom] A3s MP (TP into a bluff)

• Optroot
      Optroot
      Bronze
      No Limit Hold'em $0.10/$0.25
      PokerStars
      6 players
      Formatted by pokercopilot.com - Mac OS X hand history analysis and tracking

Stacks:
      UTG - UTG ($25.70)
      MP - Hero ($51.96)
      CO - CO ($10.97)
      BTN - BTN ($25.00)
      SB - SB ($27.74)
      BB - BB ($29.30)

Preflop: ($0.35, 6 players) Hero is MP with A:diamond: 3:diamond:
      1 fold, Hero raises to $0.75, 1 fold, BTN calls $0.75, 2 folds

Flop: A:spade: T:spade: K:spade: ($1.85, 2 players)
      Hero checks, BTN bets $1.10, Hero calls $1.10

Turn: T:club: ($4.05, 2 players)
      Hero checks, BTN bets $2.80, Hero calls $2.80

River: 5:spade: ($9.65, 2 players)
      Hero bets $4.25, 1 fold, Uncalled bet of $4.25 returned to Hero

Total Pot: $9.65

Hero wins $9.22

No stats. Have been experimenting with c/c,c/r lines instead of cbets on certain boards.

River bluff is weird, I don't know if unknown folds QT/JT etc. here since all the big spades are on the board, especially if he thinks I c/r pair+fd+gs hands, which is pretty much everything that I'm trying to rep for the river. The only think I credibly rep is QQ/JJ with a spade (and slowplayed royal...).

It's still nice to bluff him off a chop, and prevent getting bluffed by worse/chop.
  • 1 reply
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      Hi.

Flop: I like checking a lot of hands on such flops. We usually can't go for 3 streets of value on such a wet flop and so many cards just kill our hand. We also cannot bet/call most of the time, and your kicker is a little too weak. Basically I just think you cannot value bet the Flop most of the time, as his calling range should be doing fairly well against you.

Turn: Depends on how aggro villain is. If he's really passive just fold turn, if he's more aggro I think a call is acceptable.

River: I don't like the bet here too much. He is repping some Qs/Js type of semi-bluff by betting twice, or he is repping something like a full house. I don't think he bets twice too often with something with medium strength (like AhQh). I feel like we will just run into better hands so often and he will just fold his air.

Thanks.