This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] Jj

• gxtwo
      gxtwo
      Bronze
      Prima, $0.10/$0.20 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 5 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

MP: $24.58 (122.9 bb)
      CO: $22.23 (111.2 bb)
      BTN: $20 (100 bb)
      Hero (SB): $21.78 (108.9 bb)
      BB: $13.40 (67 bb)

Preflop: Hero is SB with J J
      2 folds, BTN raises to $0.50, Hero raises to $1.70, BB folds, BTN calls $1.20

Flop: ($3.60) 9 7 5 (2 players)
      Hero bets $2, BTN raises to $5.20, Hero calls $3.20

Turn: ($14) 8 (2 players)
      Hero checks, BTN checks

River: ($14) 7 (2 players)
      Hero checks, BTN bets $13.10 and is all-in, Hero calls $13.10

No reads, first few hands of ANON.
  • 3 replies
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      Hiya,

I would just fold or shove vs the flop raise. There are no playable turn cards for you, meaning you will never have a clear decision. Given the positions It's tough to choose but since it was first few hands with him I would probably give him enough credit to show up with a range that has JJ in not so good shape.

As played, turn would be a check/fold imo (as many others, which is why fold/shove flop will be better than call) and once someone doesn't bet on 4 to a straight, 3 to a flush after raising flop? Usually a set imo. He also shoves pot size on river so he looks like filling up to me or slowplayed some straight/flush because you don't have him beat ever even on that river. You get in better hands on the flop so you only look like what you have imo.
    • gxtwo
      gxtwo
      Bronze
      Yeah, felt like i should fold the flop.

My mystical thought process of everyone trying to bluff me when i move up haha!

Thank you! :D
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      Originally posted by gxtwo
      Yeah, felt like i should fold the flop.

My mystical thought process of everyone trying to bluff me when i move up haha!

Thank you! :D
      :facepalm:

Just play your same solid game and you'll actually notice when peopel play back at you. Don't assume they instantly do. I know for sure that from NL10 to NL20 they don't. :)