Beuaaaaaaaah - Plz write it correctly!

• Beuaaaaaaaah
      Beuaaaaaaaah
      Black
      Hey guys, my name is Jonathan, I'm from France, and I actually play 50nl, 100nl.

I've been playing up to 600nl on french pokersites, and last year, in march, after a downswing, forced to move down, I decided to try PLO, and started playing 50plo, which I found really fun, so I played it for almost a year, til last month, when I decided that going back to mainly nl, and mixing it with some plo, mtt, could be a good idea, to add a bit of constancy to my winnings, and because nlhe cash game is fun too. :f_biggrin:

My goals and aspiration... I guess, I always want to improve, I want to have a really solid nlhe game, and try some nice live mtts.

I have some problems at studying seriously, I'm fighting against my lasiness everyday, like a lot of us I guess, so being in this environment will do well for me. I'm a bit bold too, don't really make any kind of table selection, and like to play the regs, taking shots... (although I don't take shots to play the regs haha)

To resume, I'm here to improve my game, be in contact with some great grinders in a studying environment, meet interesting people, have fun, and that's it!
  • 8 replies
    • ErikStenqvist
      ErikStenqvist
      Global

1. I have some problems at studying seriously, I'm fighting against my lasiness everyday, like a lot of us I guess, so being in this environment will do well for me.

2. I'm a bit bold too, don't really make any kind of table selection, and like to play the regs, taking shots... (although I don't take shots to play the regs haha)
      Hey Beuaaaaaaaah !

My name is Erik and I will be part of the coaching staff focusing on Tilt, A-Game, Mindset, and Lifecoaching. So if you have any questions I will have a thread up soon where you can easily let me know if you updated your thread with anything I might be able to help out with. I'll be trolling around the forums but just so i don't miss anything. :)

1. When you have a tough time studying or start to study. what usually goes through your head? "Laziness" that we so often want to blame as our "curse" that keeps us from improving is often related to fact that if we study really hard and fail we feel even worse than if we don't. The reason for it is that we can always say " Well, I didn't study enough. If I had then i know i could beat the games" And then rinse repeat again and again. With think a lot and nothing gets done :) Does this feel like something you are going through?

2. Why do you think that you seek out tougher competition when you play?

GL!

Any questions about the mental side of poker? Just fire away!
      Email: Info@ErikStenqvist.com
    • Schnitzelfisch
      Schnitzelfisch
      Bronze
      Hey there Jonathan,

I'd like to help you out with your study problems :) .

Could you please talk a little bit about how much you study, in which ways you study and what are you having problems with?

Also, what would be the ideal amount of studying per day/week, and what it would look like (which techniques would you use)? Are there any studying techniques which you really enjoy in?

Looking forward to hearing from you soon,

-Primož
    • Beuaaaaaaaah
      Beuaaaaaaaah
      Black
      Thinking about it, and I have read some good stuff on this on another thread here, that's possible I don't study how I should because I'm not really organised on what I want to study, so I just watch random things, I have to search my leaks, one by one, and work on it. So I'll see a progression, and get happy with the results, which is a good think to be motivated.
      @Erik: I seek though competition because I like it, I just have to balance though/easy tables more, but I think now I'm ok with that.
      @Primož : Most of the time, I make hand analysis/session reviews, often with some friends playing poker, and watch random videos from time to time. Now I'll start apply what I said before.
    • gadget51
      gadget51
      Bronze
      Hi Jonathan, how are you doing? Yes, I know, busy! :)

Just a hint to update your thread, it keeps it current. Perhaps post your initial impressions of the course so far?

Regards and have fun,

Mal.
    • pleno1
      pleno1
      Coach
      Coach
      Thanks for being involved yesterday, your name kinda stands out to me.

Any ways you would like it to be improved btw?

Could you also tell us your story to BM, how long did it take you to get there? How have the parties been so far, etc?

Hope this thread picks up and we see some sicko hhs :)
    • ErikStenqvist
      ErikStenqvist
      Global
      Originally posted by Beuaaaaaaaah
      @Erik: I seek though competition because I like it, I just have to balance though/easy tables more, but I think now I'm ok with that.
      Ok good. Try to see if you have a tendency to seek tougher competition even though it might be -EV. Then there can be an issue, just keep you eye out for it :)

Any other questions or if anything comes up just drop me a line..

Nice work!
    • Beuaaaaaaaah
      Beuaaaaaaaah
      Black
      @gadget51: Hey, I'm enjoying the course, and almost forgot I had a thread here... thanks for the bump. :p

@pleno1: Yeah, thanks to the aaaaaaaaaaaaa I guess...
      I'll be involved in every coaching, everyone has been doing great, it was interesting.
      My story to BM .. Well, I'll try to make it short, I started playing poker online when I got my 50$, I started playing SNG&MTT, and did well, then, I decided to try different kinds of poker, and finished playing cash game, I grew my roll to 2k, and was kinda breakeven at 50nl, a few months after I registered here. And personal reasons made me cash out and stop poker, until the next summer, when .fr was launched, and partypoker was offering 40€ to play on their site, I gave it a try, and 4 months later, I was at 400nl, thinking I was sooo good at this, I was playing sh, and decided to play every reg waiting in HU, it was really fun, but cost me a lot of money, forcing me to move down to 100nl ( :f_biggrin: ) and work on my game. Then I climbed back to 200nl-400nl, grinding it for 6 months, to cash out some money and enjoy, again, I was playing regs in hu, but a decent volume to avoid getting broke, with the .fr high rake, it took me this time to become black member.

@Erik: I'll do if something come to my mind. ;)
    • gadget51
      gadget51
      Bronze
      Hi Jonathan,

Oooooh, you make getting to BM sound so simple! :D

Now, you seem to have again forgotten your thread here, so this bump should get your attention hopefully.

You haven't posted a question for Erik yet, is there anything that comes to mind? Post your thoughts for us.

Soldier on, :)

Mal.