Stacks:
      UTG ($14.19) 142bb
      UTG+1 ($7.09) 71bb
      CO ($10.15) 102bb
      Hero (BTN) ($16.55) 166bb
      SB ($10.05) 101bb
      BB ($5.31) 53bb

Pre-Flop: ($0.15, 6 players) Hero is BTN 10:diamond: Q:diamond:
      3 folds, Hero raises to $0.30, 1 fold, BB raises to $0.60, Hero calls $0.30

Flop: 9:diamond: 5:diamond: J:club: ($1.25, 2 players)
      BB bets $0.50, Hero calls $0.50

Turn: 4:diamond: ($2.25, 2 players)
      BB bets $0.80, Hero calls $0.80

River: 10:heart: ($3.85, 2 players)
      BB bets $1.80, Hero goes all-in $14.65, BB goes all-in $1.61

1) What to do against min-raise?
      2) Turn is call or raise?
      3) River is shove?
  • 9 replies
    • kymupa
      kymupa
      Bronze
      Hello,

Preflop I think we can call here in position given these odds.

On the flop our hand is good enough to raise and play for stacks here.

As played, I would raise the turn here.

On the river shoving is fine.

Best,
      Plamen
    • CPallo
      CPallo
      Bronze
      Against min-raise it's a call here, but only because you have position.

He seems like a recreational player, so I think you can even go ch/ca and then raise when you hit. He won't think about the table, only his own hand. Against more tagish player I'd raise flop and go with the hand (Y)
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hi Cuvash,

Preflop: Given villains stack size I think I would prefer folding, unless we know more about him.

Postflop: As played we got a superb flop and we can't really play this wrong given the equity we have.

On the turn I prefer raising for pure value and to make sure that he doesn't get scared if lets say another diamond comes down (and we don't give his AQ/AK a cheap draw).
    • Cuvash
      Cuvash
      Bronze
      What do you exactly mean?

Originally posted by CPallo
      He won't think about the table, only his own hand. (Y)
    • Cuvash
      Cuvash
      Bronze
      Originally posted by BogdanPS
      Hi Cuvash,

Preflop: Given villains stack size I think I would prefer folding, unless we know more about him.

Postflop: As played we got a superb flop and we can't really play this wrong given the equity we have.

On the turn I prefer raising for pure value and to make sure that he doesn't get scared if lets say another diamond comes down (and we don't give his AQ/AK a cheap draw).
      So if I have monster draw i can go AI?
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Originally posted by Cuvash
      Hi Cuvash,

What equity do you think you have against a potential range here?

A monster draw like this has max 9 + 6 outs. 15 outs. Using the rule of 4 we have 60% equity. Of course some outs are not live but we will have on average at least 50%.
    • CPallo
      CPallo
      Bronze
      What do you exactly mean?

Originally posted by CPallo
      He won't think about the table, only his own hand. (Y)
      I think most of the time these recreational players look at their hand. If he has e.g KK and it's overpair, they just bet big, whether the table was drawy or not. Sometimes if they have TP, they will "slowplay" it by betting smaller, to make you call, whether the table is drawy or not. Ofc, if there is a more aggro monkey -type player, you can rarely make these reads of them.

:megusta:
    • Cuvash
      Cuvash
      Bronze
      Hi Cuvash,

A monster draw like this has max 9 + 6 outs. 15 outs. Using the rule of 4 we have 60% equity. Of course some outs are not live but we will have on average at least 50%.
      I thought that i had about 50% equity... i was just checking, thanks!
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hi Cuvash,

I thought that i had about 50% equity... i was just checking, thanks!
      You are welcome, and since we need to put less than 50% in the pot we can't really make a mistake getting the money in !