serbian pokah playa

• pericas1991
      pericas1991
      Diamond
      hey everyone,

my name is Perica, im gonna be 22 in a month and i am trying to succeed and make a nice living with poker.

About me

i was a sponsored tennis player in germany for nine years, got back home 1.5 years ago, and since than i have been making money for my living from poker, didnt start going to a university because if i at some point cant win moneyz with poker my plan b would be to work as a tennis coach as i`ve been involved in tennis my whole life and for being able to work as a coach i just need to get a licence and for that i dont need to go for couple of years to a university...

Poker and my goals

i have been a mt sng grinder for quite a while, moved to cash games for a few reasons, i think they are much more interesting than masstabling like a robot 30+ tables, 2nd reason was that i could rake more and i hoped that i would be at some point able to make a run for sne and the 3rd reason was time, coz on 30$ mt sngs traffic was ok just in the evening, so cash games are much more time flexible.. :P so i have been stuck at nl100 on pokerstars for like forever, on my own i couldnt improve anymore, so i started working with a coach from pokerstrategy like 2-3 months ago and i have improved a lot since then... :f_biggrin: a few days ago i read smth that made me not want to play many tables anymore read here so i again got very motivated in improving my game A LOT so that i can compensate for lower volume with being able to play at higher limits.

so i have to improve in
      :club: hand reading
      :club: coming up with a proper plan in a hand and than also sticking with it xD
      :club: also my mental issues as i feel that the stress involved in this job is influencing the quility of my game.

so i hope this boot camp thing is gonna help me improve almost all those areas and im really glad pokerstrategy is doing this thing :f_biggrin:

im not really sure what else to write here, i guess im gonna post a pic of my stats from nl200 on pacific network since i moved there a month ago coz its weaker than pokerstars imo... :f_p: soo nl200 6max

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

my graph there

• 12 replies
    • ErikStenqvist
      ErikStenqvist
      Global

1.:club: also my mental issues as i feel that the stress involved in this job is influencing the quility of my game.
      Hey pericas1991!

My name is Erik and I will be part of the coaching staff focusing on Tilt, A-Game, Mindset, and Lifecoaching. So if you have any questions I will have a thread up soon where you can easily let me know if you updated your thread with anything I might be able to help out with. I'll be trolling around the forums but just so i don't miss anything. smile

1. Could you please be a s detailed as you can on what types of tilt that show up in your game. What puts you on tilt most often? why do you think you react so strongly to that specific situation? What does it feel like? The more detailed you are the easier it will be to locate the core issue and start working on it.

Good luck with the Bootcamp :)
    • pericas1991
      pericas1991
      Diamond
      well while playing, those agressive regs can menage to make me go on tilt, when someone is constantly 3betting me, c/raising and that kind of things and well so far i think when i faced such opponents i was trying really hard to outplay them and made too many too fancy moves which are unneccecary, but i also have huge pressures moneywise since my parents have a buisness that is not successfull anymore and they are closing it down, my brother is a failed student who is not even trying to get a job or smth, so results have high influence on my mood and i really think i would not have many of these tilting problems if i wasnt under constant pressure like that, so now im just giving my best to improve a lot, increase the money i make and get to the point where i will not have to cashout for couple of months if i dont want to.... :f_mad:
    • ErikStenqvist
      ErikStenqvist
      Global
      Originally posted by pericas1991
      well while playing, those agressive regs can menage to make me go on tilt, when someone is constantly 3betting me, c/raising and that kind of things and well so far i think when i faced such opponents i was trying really hard to outplay them and made too many too fancy moves which are unneccecary, but i also have huge pressures moneywise since my parents have a buisness that is not successfull anymore and they are closing it down, my brother is a failed student who is not even trying to get a job or smth, so results have high influence on my mood and i really think i would not have many of these tilting problems if i wasnt under constant pressure like that, so now im just giving my best to improve a lot, increase the money i make and get to the point where i will not have to cashout for couple of months if i dont want to.... :f_mad:
      Sorry to her that the "stakes" and the pressure is so high for you atm. Since the results are so important for you its essential that you take as much focus as possible away from the results while you are in session.
      Pick one pokerstrategy spot like 3b defense and focus all you have on that until you are comfortable getting 3bet a ton. Look at the other regs with gratitude for making it clear for you where you have to put work in (can be hard obv). You changing your perception of the game and making it about you and you r game is essential.

Also realize that they are actually exploiting you poker mindset if you will by putting pressure on you so what you react emotionally in those spots. They don't exploit it by 3 betting you, they do it from your reaction. don't give them the satisfaction :)
    • pericas1991
      pericas1991
      Diamond
      hey eric, thank for the advice, gonna work on these spots, obviosly the first seminar with pleno was really really great and really helpfull with my problems especially :f_biggrin:

last few days i was trying nl200 fr on stars out, think im able to beat that, but i would really love to be able to beat nl200 sh games there by the end of the month, with combined videos, seminars and personal coachings im pretty optimistic i will be able to menage it! :f_cool:
    • pleno1
      pleno1
      Coach
      Coach
      For sure you can! I believe in you :)

Want to post a couple of hands you were unsure about?
    • ErikStenqvist
      ErikStenqvist
      Global
      Originally posted by pericas1991
      hey eric, thank for the advice, gonna work on these spots, obviosly the first seminar with pleno was really really great and really helpfull with my problems especially :f_biggrin:

last few days i was trying nl200 fr on stars out, think im able to beat that, but i would really love to be able to beat nl200 sh games there by the end of the month, with combined videos, seminars and personal coachings im pretty optimistic i will be able to menage it! :f_cool:
      Great that hear that you have a clear and set goal!
      If anything comes up don't hesitate to drop a line and well get to working on it :)

Cheers!
    • pericas1991
      pericas1991
      Diamond
      ok, so here comes a hand from yesterday, beggining of the session and its funny, started reading mental game of poker few days ago, and there jared explains how some kind of warm up before we start playing is important, i have never really done anything before i started grinding and i realized myself like long time ago that the first like 15min im not playing my best untill my head gets in my poker thinking mode, so this hand is from beggining of the session where i did not do anything again but now that i look at it, it does not seem to spewy to me, your oppinions?? :f_p:

Poker Stars $1/$2 No Limit Hold'em - 8 players - View hand 2131417
      DeucesCracked Poker Videos Hand History Converter

UTG: $203.00
      UTG+1: $203.00
      MP1: $212.92
      MP2: $200.00
      CO: $200.00
      BTN: $119.20
      SB: $200.00
      Hero (BB): $200.00

Pre Flop: ($3.00) Hero is BB with Q :heart: K :spade:
      2 folds, MP1 raises to $5, 4 folds, Hero calls $3

Flop: ($11.00) J :diamond: A :club: 3 :diamond: (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP1 checks

Turn: ($11.00) Q :diamond: (2 players)
      Hero bets $10, MP1 calls $10

River: ($31.00) 4 :heart: (2 players)
      Hero bets $39, MP1 calls $39

mp is a reg, opening 20% from mp, folding to 3bets 53%, 4b range 6.1, cbet F 48% T 67%, so because his 4b range is high imo i dont like 3betting as im not gonna see the flop too often, he is opening kinda wide thats y i prefer call pre, so when he chacks back i put him on some weak Ax, Jx QQ KK, so thats why i bet T for pot and plan on barreling almost any non diamond river, conserning my river bet sizing, i think i like overbetting, but i cant go like 2x pot size as i would be extremely polarized, with this bet sizing i think i would play my any 2pair and better... so what do you guys think??
    • pericas1991
      pericas1991
      Diamond
      @Eric i will write here and ask for anything regarding my mental game as soon as i notice that i need help in any way =)

hand no2

so here i think i missplayed it, but im really not sure about what line is best, is betting small pot for protection the way to go here??

Poker Stars $1/$2 No Limit Hold'em - 8 players - View hand 2131425

CO: $80.00
      BTN: $200.00
      SB: $263.12
      BB: $86.47
      UTG: $200.00
      UTG+1: $122.20
      MP1: $205.00
      Hero (MP2): $200.00

Pre Flop: ($3.00) Hero is MP2 with 8 :club: 8 :diamond:
      3 folds, Hero raises to $6, 2 folds, SB raises to $20, 1 fold, Hero calls $14

Flop: ($42.00) 6 :diamond: 5 :club: T :diamond: (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero checks

Turn: ($42.00) J :club: (2 players)
      SB bets $28, Hero calls $28

River: ($98.00) 2 :diamond: (2 players)
      SB bets $215.12 all in, Hero folds

same villain as in last hand, his resteal from sb is 12%, but im in hijack so i think its tighter than that and his overall 3b is 7.9%, cbet in 3bp 33%(6), and when he missed cbet on the flop he c/c 2 and c/f 2, so i kinda opted to cb and reevaluate the turn, but im not sure what things should i be considering here and to which conclusion should they bring me?? :f_biggrin:
    • pericas1991
      pericas1991
      Diamond
      so here come few more hands from todays session.. X(

Poker Stars $1/$2 No Limit Hold'em - 8 players - View hand 2131597

UTG+1: $229.16
      MP1: $94.72
      Hero (MP2): $242.35
      CO: $159.61
      BTN: $224.85
      SB: $200.00
      BB: $241.87
      UTG: $203.00

Pre Flop: ($3.00) Hero is MP2 with K :club: Q :diamond:
      3 folds, Hero raises to $6, 3 folds, BB calls $4

Flop: ($13.00) J :diamond: T :diamond: 9 :heart: (2 players)
      BB bets $8.57, Hero raises to $24, BB calls $15.43

Turn: ($61.00) K :spade: (2 players)
      BB bets $38, Hero calls $38

River: ($137.00) 4 :heart: (2 players)
      BB bets $96, Hero calls $96

opp is 19/14/6.5 reg, soo what do u guys think `bout this one? should my sizing on the flop be bigger, if so how much bigger and after the flush blanks both turn and river do i need to call there?

hand no. 2

Poker Stars $1/$2 No Limit Hold'em - 8 players - View hand 2131604

UTG: $151.82
      UTG+1: $85.00
      MP1: $205.00
      MP2: $217.23
      CO: $203.73
      BTN: $201.11
      Hero (SB): $216.60
      BB: $274.37

Pre Flop: ($3.00) Hero is SB with 9 :diamond: 9 :heart:
      UTG raises to $6, 5 folds, Hero calls $5, 1 fold

Flop: ($14.00) 4 :diamond: 3 :spade: 6 :diamond: (2 players)
      Hero checks, UTG bets $6, Hero calls $6

Turn: ($26.00) 9 :club: (2 players)
      Hero checks, UTG bets $14, Hero raises to $42, UTG calls $28

River: ($110.00) 2 :diamond: (2 players)
      Hero bets $108, UTG calls $96.82 all in

i mean this kind of things happen to me quite often, i have set up the pot for a nice river shove after c/raising turn, and i am aware that im giving good price to opponents flush draws, but if i c/raise much bigger on the turn i fell like its less likely opponent is gonna be paying with overpairs and so i have a dillema of what is better, to just c/r big so that no draws get good odds to draw against me and if they do they are making mistake and they less likely are gonna call with many worse things, or just to continue with my standard sizings like i did in these two hands?? :f_confused:
    • gadget51
      gadget51
      Bronze
      Hi Perica, let's hope we find you well?

How are you progressing with Bootcamp? Are your initial goals changing in any way, like adding any perhaps?
      Please, post your thoughts here to keep your thread up to date, even as a sort of progress report. This will encourage others to discuss your ideas. :)

Forward march soldier! :D

Mal.
    • pericas1991
      pericas1991
      Diamond
      hello Mal, bootcamp progress is nice, loved the seminars so far, and the vids that came out.. =) so about my goals, i`ve read now what i wrote, and i kinda feel different now, i think my hand reading is ok, but my main goals are now to become more active with learning and to reduce tables to maximaly concentrate on action coz i again started playing pretty many tables without table ninja even coz i have problems with it for some reason... xD :f_p: anyhow, pretty happy with how this month is going so far, here comes a graph of it but even though im in nice + i kinda dislike it :f_p:

• gadget51
      gadget51
      Bronze
      Hey Perica, how are you doing?

I'm glad to see you think you're doing well with the learning aspect and you like the seminars, they are superb in my humble opinion.

And of course, since you were a naughty late person ( :D ) here's the link to yesterday's seminar you were asking about :

http://www.twitch.tv/pokerstrategy_english/b/382660606

Enjoy!

Mal.