[NL2-NL10] 0.05/0.10 Jj.

• 7 replies
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hi Mcfly,

Preflop: we can 3-bet this for value versus BTNs 54% fold to 3-bet.

Postflop: As played why are we ck/raising here?

Do you expect a lot of worse to call here? If so, what?
    • mcfly10
      mcfly10
      Silver
      hi,

77,66, 8x, over pockets, Ax and other overs could call my c/r
      (depends on my betsize)
      I expect btn's cbet.
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Originally posted by mcfly10
      hi,

77,66, 8x, over pockets, Ax and other overs could call my c/r
      (depends on my betsize)
      I expect btn's cbet.
      BTN doesn't look like a fish at all, why would we expect him to call with Ax?

And pairs like 8x or 99 will fold often in a spot like this so I think our raise is very thin at best.

You forgot about all the better hands like QQ-AA, and sets (9 combos) which are far more likely to continue than the other hands.
    • mcfly10
      mcfly10
      Silver
      ty,

what is his range, when he cbet the flop against 2 players?
      i think, if he cbet all flop (he does), he can not play b/f against all my (min) c/r.
      i mean yes, he would call with 8x,99,TT, and overs on flop against me.
      am i wrong?

how would you play in this situtaion? call-flop, call-turn, and reevaluete on river OOP?
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      ty,

what is his range, when he cbet the flop against 2 players?
      i think, if he cbet all flop (he does), he can not play b/f against all my (min) c/r.
      i mean yes, he would call with 8x,99,TT, and overs on flop against me.
      am i wrong?

how would you play in this situtaion? call-flop, call-turn, and reevaluete on river OOP?
      How many times have you raised him before?

If you have no history with him why should he bet/call overcards versus a ck/raise here? That would be a huge mistake and would make him really fishy/cally which his stats don't reflect.

If you've been really aggro, and your image is all over the place and you've abused him with raises then it would be a different story.

Would you start floating a ck/raise with overcards in this spot?
    • mcfly10
      mcfly10
      Silver
      - rarely before, i have started raising since January

If you have no history with him why should he bet/call overcards versus a ck/raise here? That would be a huge mistake and would make him really fishy/cally which his stats don't reflect.
      - i agrre, he is definitely not. thats my problem, playing against his wide btn range.

If you've been really aggro, and your image is all over the place and you've abused him with raises then it would be a different story.
      - im just thinking on it... how could i use his stats (BTN-wide range, flopcbet75, turncnet54)

- i would.
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      - rarely before, i have started raising since January

- i agrre, he is definitely not. thats my problem, playing against his wide btn range.

- im just thinking on it... how could i use his stats (BTN-wide range, flopcbet75, turncnet54)

- i would.
      Why would you flop a ck/raise there with overcards at this limit? People rarely ever raise us a bluff and you'd be burning money on anyone that you have limited info on. That's what I would call a spew :)

You exploit his wide range by calling flop and letting him bet his weak range. Weak range does not = weak calling range to raises.

However the best way to exploit him here with JJ is to actually 3-bet his super wide range preflop and he rarely folds to 3-bets.