[NL2-NL10] Flush trouble

• Vevusio
      Vevusio
      Bronze
      0.01/0.02 No-Limit Hold'em (10 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.58 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BU with K:heart: , Q:club:
      UTG calls $0.02, 3 folds, MP2 calls $0.02, 2 folds, Hero raises to $0.12, 3 folds, MP2 calls $0.10.

Flop: ($0.29) K:club: , 6:heart: , 5:heart: (2 players)
      MP2 bets $0.14, Hero raises to $0.28, MP2 calls $0.14.

Turn: ($0.85) 9:heart: (2 players)
      MP2 checks, Hero bets $0.20, MP2 raises to $0.60, Hero folds.

Final Pot: $1.65

so i first bet ok
      out of position on the flop he had his flush draw and played it like a made hand, i tried to reraise since i had a very good top pair with pretty good kicker, he calls
      and then on the turn we get another heart, so he has his flush

i dunno really why i raised there, out of position, i reckon i should have check folded / called a cheap minbet?

then another hand:

0.01/0.02 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.58 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is UTG+1 with 9:diamond: , 9:heart:
      UTG folds, Hero raises to $0.08, UTG+2 folds, MP1 calls $0.08, 2 folds, BU calls $0.08, 2 folds.

Flop: ($0.27) 8:heart: , 5:heart: , 4:heart: (3 players)
      Hero bets $0.20, MP1 calls $0.20, BU folds.

Turn: ($0.67) J:heart: (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP1 bets $0.02, Hero calls $0.02.

River: ($0.71) A:club: (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP1 bets $0.48, Hero folds.

Final Pot: $1.19

so ye, i raise, end up with an overpair but a one colored flop
      im out of position again but i really dont expect him to have a made flush since its unlikely thats why i bet, he just calls

then the turn completes the flush for both him and me, though i only have a 9 which is good but dunno.. i would not try to complete a flush calling a 10BB bet with anything which is smaller than a Q, so i check and see what he does cause im not willing to invest any more money here

he does a minbet which i find kinda odd, does he try to slowplay me but get at least that BB into the pot or .. whats that supposed to be good for?

then the ace flops and this guy suddenly almost doubles the flop

so i really dont know.. should i have called him?
  • 2 replies
    • srohack
      srohack
      Bronze
      hi
      pls post just on hand/thread .
      1st hand
      if you decide to raise him you practicaly put him on a wicker king or a draw and have to go with the hand . you should make your raise biger to make it incorect for him to call with a flush draw .. something aroud 0.45-0.5$. on the turn the flush completes and 78 draw completes . if he has a wicker king he want call another bet most of the times and you have 2nd nut flush redraw so this is a top spot for checking behind .

2nd hand
      i am not cbeting this flop against 2 players . as played i call turn and i call river because you will be ahead more then 28% .
    • Vevusio
      Vevusio
      Bronze
      kay, thanks a lot