HU hyper turbo

• makaady
      makaady
      Gold
      hi guys.i've just started to play HU hyper turbo and i would like to ask you if:
      you start the push/fold phase with 13bb(as for normal tournaments)or less than that?
      i should consider to adopt a polarized limp strategy?if yes when i should start using it(against what type of players) or it is dependent to stack sizes?

thanx
  • 2 replies
    • Asaban
      Asaban
      Hey makaady,

The question is more suitable for our SNG strategy forum since it covers HU's as well. In the tournament section we start 27 players. Everything beneath is considered SNG.

Therefore I will move your question to the SNG strategy board!

Regards,
      Asaban
    • kurrkabin
      kurrkabin
      Bronze
      I would implement a push/fold strategy only for less than 8bb eff. Otherwise, I would limp/fold, maybe limp trap, have a r/f and r/c range.

As a general thumb rule, I would always shove low aces-A2s-A7s, A2o-A8o and low pairs-22-55 for up until 15bb as they don't play well postflop and we don't want to induce hands like J8s to re-steal as it does great vs our small pairs and rag low Axs. I would push also push K2s-K6s f.e. and raise/fold k2o-k6o, maybe limp k4o-k5o. Raise/call the strong broadway hands like KTs, KQo as they play great postflop and will often dominate if villain decides to flat, plus when he re-steals, we do great vs his range. With some Q8s or T8s type of hands, I would rather push. Limp some mediocre Qx like Q8o-Q4o. Just giving you the general idea of what my range would be readless, however every note that you have on villain should be helpful in our adjustment!

Cheers!