Ready to work my ass off!

• U0T1L4
      U0T1L4
      Bronze
      Hi! I'm 20years-old lad from Finland.

History
      I started to play poker when i was about 15. At that time I mostly played live cash games with my friends. After finding internet poker I started to grind all kind of freerolls and stuff and got almost immediatly hooked.

Present
      At this moment i'm mostly playing NL100. Though last 2 months of the year 2012 I played NL200 at microgaming and did there very well. But since I came to iPoker cause of damn good promos things haven't went so well anymore and i had to drop the stakes.
      Due to downswing I think my game has suffered a lot and my self confidence has took a big hit. So now my first goal is to fix my biggest leaks and to game my game work again.

Things to improve
      :club: Playing against 3bets
      :club: My laziness for studying!
      :club: BRM
      :club: Much more? but cant figure out now something special.

Strenghts as a poker player
      :heart: Playing against weak regs and fishes.
      :heart: Cabable of taking risks.
      :heart: Motivation
      :heart: Doing this as a pro so I can use a lot of time for this.

Dream
      My dream is to play stakes like 5K-10K as a winning player and earn some big bucks that way :s_biggrin:
  • 26 replies
    • ErikStenqvist
      ErikStenqvist
      Global

1. :club: My laziness for studying!
      2. :club: BRM
      Hey UOT1L4 !

My name is Erik and I will be part of the coaching staff focusing on Tilt, A-Game, Mindset, and Lifecoaching. So if you have any questions I will have a thread up soon where you can easily let me know if you updated your thread with anything I might be able to help out with. I'll be trolling around the forums but just so i don't miss anything. :)

1. Why do you think that you are lazy when i comes to studying? We tend to only be lazy with things that have a degree of "putting yourself out there" so to say. Meaning that we can have a tendency to feel even worse if we put a lot of effort into something and then "fail" in our own eyes. Does this resonate with you? What do you think you should be studying now for example?

2. Can you elaborate a bit more on this? Give some examples and so on..
    • U0T1L4
      U0T1L4
      Bronze
      Allright that sounds good! going to update this thread soon for sure. :)

1. What comes to my laziness, I feel a bit disappointed to my effort I have put on studying. just haven't done enough and mostly I have just foucsed on watching vids. I think I should be studying my own game more now by hand reviews or explore my stats for more specifically. I think I'm going to update some stats here cause i think from there might found some leaks.

2. I'm just kind of a surfer between stakes. Sometimes I search fishes with 10-15 bins from higher stakes and after 30mins I'll found myself playing 4tables of that stake but there is no fishes... But I dont think that's a big problem anymore...

Things to improve
      :club: Playing against midstacks?!!? I'm not feeling very comfy against them. I'm having problems with my 3bet-,flatting- and calling 3bet range.
    • BrokesoBroke
      BrokesoBroke
      Black
      Things to improve Playing against midstacks?!!? I'm not feeling very comfy against them. I'm having problems with my 3bet-,flatting- and calling 3bet range.

+1 to this. :)
    • Schnitzelfisch
      Schnitzelfisch
      Bronze
      Hey there U0T1L4,

I'd like to help you solve your studying problems :) .

May I ask how much time you invest in studying right now (daily/weekly) and what would be your best case scenario for this?

Once we know that, we can help you gradually set up solid study habits which will greatly improve your game ;) .

Looking forward to hearing from you soon,

-Primož
    • U0T1L4
      U0T1L4
      Bronze
      Okey! that sounds fine cause I think some kind of studying habits is something I could need.
      Well... when i were younger i studied much more cause then everything was so new to me. Last year didn't study or played almost at all (excluding last 2.5months) cause I spent whole year performing my military service.

At january I were so excited to start grind again so didn't really studied...

Last month had a big ds and my joy of life was gone so really didn't anything.. :D

but I guess it has been as lame as 1hour/week at average.
    • Schnitzelfisch
      Schnitzelfisch
      Bronze
      Hey again,

ok, since your studying is very low at the moment, I think we should start slowly, gradually and consistently. It wouldn't be realistic to expect to study for 20 hours a week right a way and stay on that pace ;) .

What you can do is start by studying at least 15 minutes every day (i suggest the first thing in the morning) for a week, and then increase that amount next week to 30 minutes, etc. Notice that I said at least 15 minutes, so if you feel like studying more once you start it, you can study for hours if you want to - but make sure that you do the 15 minutes each and every day :) .

You can use the "don't break the chain" technique (chapter 2.2 in my productivity guide) to track your progress ;) .

How does that sound?

-Primož
    • U0T1L4
      U0T1L4
      Bronze
      Haha that chapter 2.2 sounds really nice, think that could help ;)

Yeps, I think I'll go with 30min for start. Just going to decide it now and so'll be it.
    • ErikStenqvist
      ErikStenqvist
      Global

1. What comes to my laziness, I feel a bit disappointed to my effort I have put on studying. just haven't done enough and mostly I have just foucsed on watching vids. I think I should be studying my own game more now by hand reviews or explore my stats for more specifically. I think I'm going to update some stats here cause i think from there might found some leaks.
      1. The extra feeling of disappointment comes from that we put effort into becoming better (which we always do if we put quality time in doing so, studying etc) but if we evaluate that learning or studying by looking at the results which we know we can't controll in the short term then it's easy for the ego to tell us. "See you studied and it didn't help one bit". So we then move on to the next video or concept will "fix our game" or study less. Rinse repeat. :)
      So choosing one mental game issue and one poker strategy issue and then implementing the structure that Schnitzelfisch recommends is the way to go. Stay on those weaknesses until you feel they are no longer a weakness. When things start to feel complicated then try to fall back on: Simplicity and studying. Put the grind mentality into it. Be greedy when it comes to improving on yourself!

:) Cheers!
    • U0T1L4
      U0T1L4
      Bronze
      Okey. That sounds very true! thanks!
    • U0T1L4
      U0T1L4
      Bronze

So hear are my stats for this month(12k hands).
      Looks like there are so many leaky stats so far...
      I think my biggest problem lately has been kinda high wtsd and very low W$SD. Any tips or smthing what could help or what's the reasons for that?

Other stats to improve(?)
      Higher CU steal, -BU 3b and what else?
    • ErikStenqvist
      ErikStenqvist
      Global
      Originally posted by U0T1L4
      Okey. That sounds very true! thanks!
      In the spirit of the bootcamp I am going to push the pace here a bit.

What in mindset, tilt a-game department would you feel to be the most beneficial for you to work on?
    • ZioMio
      ZioMio
      Basic
      Your cr on the river seem to be on the low side, it seems like youre not coming to the river with good hands and are cr them on earlier streets, most obiviously turn. If regs notices this they could valuebet much thinner. Other reason for low won at SD could be that people are bluffing much less then you think they are, you might be calling down when people bet from earlier positions when in general they have much tighter range. There are so many aspects that could be wrong that are just not easy to see when just looking at stats.

Try to find a pattern in what spots you most often lose when calling down. Is it on specific boards, vs specific players, vs ealry or late openers, usually theres some kind of pattern where youre leaking.

It should be said though that 12k hands is a really small sample.
    • U0T1L4
      U0T1L4
      Bronze
      Originally posted by ErikStenqvist

In the spirit of the bootcamp I am going to push the pace here a bit.

What in mindset, tilt a-game department would you feel to be the most beneficial for you to work on?

Any questions about the mental side of poker? Just fire away!
      Email: Info@ErikStenqvist.com
      First thing that came to my mind is playing after winning a lot. I mean situations like after 30-60min of play I have played very well and I am up like 4bin+ and suddenly I loose a bin or two and not to mention situations when I fall to be session. That's a tough spot for me for some reason. I think when I'm on that spot that I had lost 1-2bins, I feel pretty uncomfy there and I don't want to fall be so I might play a bit weaker. And situations when I fall to be I feel kind of tiltty... Hope u understand that. My English isn't very good anymore cause haven't talked a lot lately :(

I'll post more mindset things when I'll figure out more what to improve.
      Probably there are some lifestyle issues too but I'm going to read The quick guide to skyrocketing your poker and life productivity - COMPLETED! this first :)
    • U0T1L4
      U0T1L4
      Bronze
      :club: Huge mental leak spotted. I'm having massive problems to fold rivers. I'm just making out reasons why they are bluffing and just call it.
    • ErikStenqvist
      ErikStenqvist
      Global

1.First thing that came to my mind is playing after winning a lot.
      2. :club: Huge mental leak spotted. I'm having massive problems to fold rivers. I'm just making out reasons why they are bluffing and just call it.
      1. We call this protecting wins. Do you also chase losses, try to win your money back and don't quit when you're losing a few buyins?

2. Why do you think you do this on the river? Does it happen pre, flop and turn as well?

And your English is no problem at all! Keep up the good work!

Cheers! :)
    • U0T1L4
      U0T1L4
      Bronze
      1. Yes.

2. I'm not sure... I just want to see that bluff and dont want to got rolled over or something like that. Not really, only rivers.
    • U0T1L4
      U0T1L4
      Bronze
      Originally posted by ZioMio
      Your cr on the river seem to be on the low side, it seems like youre not coming to the river with good hands and are cr them on earlier streets, most obiviously turn. If regs notices this they could valuebet much thinner. Other reason for low won at SD could be that people are bluffing much less then you think they are, you might be calling down when people bet from earlier positions when in general they have much tighter range. There are so many aspects that could be wrong that are just not easy to see when just looking at stats.

Try to find a pattern in what spots you most often lose when calling down. Is it on specific boards, vs specific players, vs ealry or late openers, usually theres some kind of pattern where youre leaking.

It should be said though that 12k hands is a really small sample.
      Thanks! That's true that I haven't slowplayed nuts or something enough. Yeps , I'll try if there are any specific spots but I think there are just not a one specific spot but a lot more where I call too much.
    • ErikStenqvist
      ErikStenqvist
      Global
      1. Yes.

2. I'm not sure... I just want to see that bluff and dont want to got rolled over or something like that. Not really, only rivers.
      1. Chasing losses and protecting wins are "the opposite sides of the same coin" Do you get what i mean by that and can you see how they fit together?

2. Could it have something to do with that you feel like you have to see the opponents hand or it will bother you afetr the hand is over?
    • U0T1L4
      U0T1L4
      Bronze
      1. Yeps

2. Not at all. It's fine for me after the hand but when the pot raises high I'll just go crazy and start somekind of imba metathinking. Noticed it yesterday when I was playing live. I think I'm having this problem only when I'm playing too high stakes.