plan was no go

    • imbahness
      imbahness
      Platinum
      Joined: 07.09.2009 Posts: 122
      Hello everyone ,my name is Abel , i'm 23 , Hungarian from Romania.
      I am playing nl50 on 24 , anonymus tables

      Little introduction since no one knows me.

      In 2011 i graduated as a marketing specialist , even tho the ''title'' sounds nice , here it's useless as most of the romanian uni's don't teach you shit ( to explain how useless this is ,for like 5k you can get your paper even without attending a class/exam)
      I was desperate for a job , when my best friend (who was already a living off poker that time) was offering me 600$ loan to deposit it on jokerstars (was really struggling to accept it or not , mainly because i didn't even knew the rules of the game , and also because he could only talk about his bad beats all day long) ,decided to accept it , and started right away at nl5 , first logged in with my friend watching me opened 6 tables , it was going really good , in the end of my first poker month i have played like 90k hands , and found myself 24 tabling , moved to nl10 played more then 300k hands in that month , at the time was pretty obsessed with the game ( ofc , made like 3-4 times an average salary here is) , moved to nl 25 where i had a pretty low like 1-2 bb win rate , so decided to switch sites , moved to 888 , climbed up to nl100 in like 2 months, where i had a crazy win rate like 17 bbs , also took shots at 200.

      In December 2011 jokerstars had a ring game promotion (most vpps /day wins x amount) , my friend came up with the idea , that we should team up , and win it each and every day, we played 24/24 , 24 tabling , still couldn't win it a single day thanks to those PLO guys.

      When we realized that we cannot win the promotion , but those omaha guys make insane amount only from rakeback , decided to reach supernova in December (was lacking like 70k vpss) and start 2012 with PLO , with plans to to reach SNE .So little we knew , jokerstars in the end of December , right 1 day after we reached supernova announced that shared rake is no more go for them , and they switch it to contributed , yes , we knew we got screwed , still , gave it a shot , omaha variance wasn't too sweet to us , lost a ton of $$$ , and in two months we got tired of it , both switched back to holdem , deposited like a 100 to 888 again , was going everything according to plan did move up fast till nl100 , when one of my friends got banned by 888(with funds blocked ofc , how else) , the reasoning was ''chip dumping'' , he didn't even knew what chip dumping is.
      I got scared of the situation happening to me as well , so withdrew from there ,and deposited back some to jokerstars , they were welcoming me with a sick run bad , so i switched again to some site , don't even remember where, started at nl50 , it wasn't going too bad, but I've got an insane rake back offer to an unknown ipoker site , that was mooregames poker , deposited 1k euro, played for like 2 weeks , and then suddenly mooregames poker scammed their whole player pool , and shut down the software without refunding anyone.

      No worries i said , they're gonna use that money for pharmaceutics anyways, deposited some on wpt poker , with the intention to stay there , they're not the finest gentleman's in welcoming ppl is the least i can say , cleared my bonus first month with a some minor winnings and like 50bi's below EV , which was a bit depressing , every month ran below with like 10-20 bi's but cmon 50, it felt too much , once again i switched , hoping to run good , or at least not bad.

      December 2012 deposited 450euros at 24h poker started at 20nl wasn't playing too much due to my mood , still , in January moved up to 50 where I'm at now , have like 140k hands , and down 30BI's , i run bad yeah , but i can't say that I'm playing any better then my Z game , decided to play less tables , only 12 tabling now, and still going like shit , playing like shit , and my biggest problem is , im starting to loose my optimism .

      What are my weaknesses as a player?

      I don't know , my nowadays play as a whole is shitty , playing way too nitty , and leveling myself way too much vs each and every bad reg , and tilting way too hard each day , which i never did before

      What do i expect from this boot camp?

      A miracle maybe? i hope it gets me back on track

      P.S. introduction wasn't as little as planned , graphs and stuff to follow tomorrow
  • 21 replies
    • Schnitzelfisch
      Schnitzelfisch
      Bronze
      Joined: 08.11.2008 Posts: 4,952
      Hey there Abel,

      that surely is a long introduction :D . But it is very interesting as well, so it's great.

      I love the effort you've put into your opening post, but I wish you would put the same effort in thinking about and writing down your specific problems ;) .

      If you could describe your problems a bit more (why do you think you tilt? what tilts you? why is the whole day shitty? what does your day look like? what would you like to change about your day?), we can definitely help you out :) . We might not be able to give you a trick which will solve all your problems in a minute, but we can show you the path which you can take to reach your desires and dreams :) .

      I'm looking forward to hearing from you soon,

      -Primož
    • imbahness
      imbahness
      Platinum
      Joined: 07.09.2009 Posts: 122
      Originally posted by Schnitzelfisch
      Hey there Abel,

      that surely is a long introduction :D . But it is very interesting as well, so it's great.

      I love the effort you've put into your opening post, but I wish you would put the same effort in thinking about and writing down your specific problems ;) .

      If you could describe your problems a bit more (why do you think you tilt? what tilts you? why is the whole day shitty? what does your day look like? what would you like to change about your day?), we can definitely help you out :) . We might not be able to give you a trick which will solve all your problems in a minute, but we can show you the path which you can take to reach your desires and dreams :) .

      I'm looking forward to hearing from you soon,

      -Primož
      Hey there Schnitzelfisch, thanks for the reply

      I wanted to describe all the shit going on yesterday , but i fucked up my strategy points , im so dumb , somehow i didn't calculate my PS point properly , and ended up 1xx points lacking to diamond , but then SUDDENLY today i woke up , and i'm diamond again , which is awesome , i don't know who did it , but thank you for it .

      Now back to your question , i think my tilt issues are due to being way too results oriented as I''m a full time player i pay all my expenses from winning , and don't have too much left put aside, my other big tilt issue would be anonymus tables i've always been a grinder , making decisions according to stats , on anonymus after hours of playing you can be happy to get 100 hands from anyone , which in theory im not considering as a sample , still i'm playing like i do , and making way too many stupid decisions just giving too much credit to numbers , so it does kill all my creativity i had , not that i had a lot , but from huge samples could line my bluffs/value lines for players specifically.

      How does your day look like?

      I'ts not much to say here to be honest , pretty much a no lifer , i work out regularly , so that's every day like 3 hours with coffee before and aerob combined. Right after that i'm pretty much free , watching coaching videos a lot , playing some dota 2 , and poker. Yes missing a good chunk of enjoyment part of everyday life, but that's the same for years , so don't think that would affect me too much , or my play.

      What would you change about your day?

      Been busy to get a nice GF for quite some time now ,but that's quite hard , i'm pretty prejudiced , one single sentence can piss me off and make me not to talk to respective again. This thing i'm struggling with for quite some time , even tho i know it's shit , can't change it for some reason.
      Other than that i should spend a little more quality time doing something , which should give me some happy/quality time , so i don't get pissed , i don't get tilted , i make profit , life is happy.

      that's it for now , gtg , jumping right back to the thread right i get back
    • imbahness
      imbahness
      Platinum
      Joined: 07.09.2009 Posts: 122
      Here are some stats , which are pretty pretty bad , it's not that i don't know , and i sit down every session knowing it , still after like 20 minutes playing shitty nitty

      http://imgur.com/yBzZz4E


      Ep 12 not a huge problem there opening every PP , while showing a profit with em , maybe i'd need to open more 89s type of hands even with high 3 betters?

      MP 14 it could at least be 16, not opening enough suited aces and one gappers

      CO 17.5 feeling pretty ashamed about this, it should be at least around 25 , 30 might work out as well , dunno how can i change the fact to not be bad , maybe i'm distracted/not focused too much and started to suck at multi tabling

      BU 36 , it's like CO , would be all right at 40, but i used to have 45

      blinds i won't comment , its all nonsd minus , i could literally sit out and have the same results , maybe even better

      for postflop stats wont upload img , its easier to write it down and explain my view

      Check raise :

      Flop Turn River
      11 13 10

      these stats did not change that much from my previous ones , river increased , so that should be all right , flop and turn might still be a bit low

      Raise Cbet

      Flop Turn River
      14 17 27

      Don't know a lot about how these should look like , even tho i assume river is a bit too much? maybe I slow play too much?or bluffing too much?

      Cbets
      Fold to Cbets


      Flop Turn River
      75 53 44
      53 30 24

      i think my high flop cbet is due to my tightness from early/mp , trying to abuse the position, river should be a bit higher tho , always leveling myself that he has x hand and river is blank and he won't fold ,and just face palming myself when i'm cbeting value and they fold on dry boards blank rivers to a normal sizing

      River fold to cbet , i had around 30 something before , which was way superior , calling off too light , leveling in the wrong direction again , so i'm tight and suddenly not to tight on the river weird stuff..:)

      Oh and thanks to all the above stuff here are the results

      http://imgur.com/m3WQqah

      BBCode is not working for some reason , going to just link it
    • Schnitzelfisch
      Schnitzelfisch
      Bronze
      Joined: 08.11.2008 Posts: 4,952
      Hey again,

      thank you for the detailed response :) . The lack of fulfilling activities might well be affecting your tilt problems/quality play.

      Many successful people say that what they do outside of their work makes them as successful as they are at their work ;) .

      Could you perhaps take some time to think about the activities which could make you happy and improve you life? Perhaps there are some hobbies which you used to have when you were a child? Were there perhaps any moments in your life which made you really really happy? What were they?

      -Primož
    • imbahness
      imbahness
      Platinum
      Joined: 07.09.2009 Posts: 122
      Originally posted by Schnitzelfisch
      Hey again,

      thank you for the detailed response :) . The lack of fulfilling activities might well be affecting your tilt problems/quality play.

      Many successful people say that what they do outside of their work makes them as successful as they are at their work ;) .

      Could you perhaps take some time to think about the activities which could make you happy and improve you life? Perhaps there are some hobbies which you used to have when you were a child? Were there perhaps any moments in your life which made you really really happy? What were they?

      -Primož
      yep , i agree that the non related poker stuff helps a lot, still, meeting new ppl might help, less time behind the screen i suppose

      Been thinking a lot about your ''what made you very happy before'' question , and still struggling to find an answer, which makes me even more pissed..:) . Actually to be honest here , i don't think i was ever like really really happy , of course i had my moments, but those are really from bromides.

      Hobbies i did have quite few , some sports , video games , nothing out of extraordinary .
    • pleno1
      pleno1
      Coach
      Coach
      Joined: 19.11.2010 Posts: 5,596
      Originally posted by imbahness
      Here are some stats , which are pretty pretty bad , it's not that i don't know , and i sit down every session knowing it , still after like 20 minutes playing shitty nitty

      http://imgur.com/yBzZz4E


      Ep 12 not a huge problem there opening every PP , while showing a profit with em , maybe i'd need to open more 89s type of hands even with high 3 betters?

      MP 14 it could at least be 16, not opening enough suited aces and one gappers

      CO 17.5 feeling pretty ashamed about this, it should be at least around 25 , 30 might work out as well , dunno how can i change the fact to not be bad , maybe i'm distracted/not focused too much and started to suck at multi tabling

      BU 36 , it's like CO , would be all right at 40, but i used to have 45

      blinds i won't comment , its all nonsd minus , i could literally sit out and have the same results , maybe even better

      for postflop stats wont upload img , its easier to write it down and explain my view

      Check raise :

      Flop Turn River
      11 13 10

      these stats did not change that much from my previous ones , river increased , so that should be all right , flop and turn might still be a bit low

      Raise Cbet

      Flop Turn River
      14 17 27

      Don't know a lot about how these should look like , even tho i assume river is a bit too much? maybe I slow play too much?or bluffing too much?

      Cbets
      Fold to Cbets


      Flop Turn River
      75 53 44
      53 30 24

      i think my high flop cbet is due to my tightness from early/mp , trying to abuse the position, river should be a bit higher tho , always leveling myself that he has x hand and river is blank and he won't fold ,and just face palming myself when i'm cbeting value and they fold on dry boards blank rivers to a normal sizing

      River fold to cbet , i had around 30 something before , which was way superior , calling off too light , leveling in the wrong direction again , so i'm tight and suddenly not to tight on the river weird stuff..:)

      Oh and thanks to all the above stuff here are the results

      http://imgur.com/m3WQqah

      BBCode is not working for some reason , going to just link it
      Hey,

      I think you're playing way too tight pre flop.

      Could you equilab your opening ranges if everybody folded before you (realistic not optimistic) and then will be easier for me to visualize.

      Hope you had a good weekend.
    • imbahness
      imbahness
      Platinum
      Joined: 07.09.2009 Posts: 122
      Originally posted by pleno1

      Hey,

      I think you're playing way too tight pre flop.

      Could you equilab your opening ranges if everybody folded before you (realistic not optimistic) and then will be easier for me to visualize.

      Hope you had a good weekend.
      Hey , thanks for dropping by , last couple of days been lowered down my table amount to 8 , none of the less its boring as F, but will get used to it i suppose. Thanks to that my actual stat now is 25/19(PFR)/7.2 , using hem2 for only a while , didn't get used to it yet , so cannot filter out those 3.5k hands to see an accurate RFI from positions.

      EP



      This is how my standard opening range looks like ,of course not opening small PP when there are maniacs. If there is fish, i might happen to open too wide , any suited ace , A9o , QTo

      MP



      Not much to say about this , opening a bit more with passive BU /fishy blinds

      CO



      obviously opening a bit wider when there is fish in the blinds

      BU won't link equilab , i open any two if blinds seem to be passive , if they're normal regs opening like 35%++. My problem is when they are super aggro , my 4 bet is 23% (6.5 % and the same from SB, basically most Ah ,Kh , and also some trash ), and getting shoved on pretty often , where i lose a ton , dunno if i should open less or call their 3 bet more and try outplaying their weak range , have never been good at this part.

      SB

      Opening here any2 obviously vs 63% fold to steal , but i tend to 3 barrel a lot when i get called, always lvl ing myself into that ''cmon he's just double floating you with air , even if he has a pair , he's gonna fold river sure, or he missed a draw , easiest triple barrel of my life''
    • Schnitzelfisch
      Schnitzelfisch
      Bronze
      Joined: 08.11.2008 Posts: 4,952
      Originally posted by imbahness
      Originally posted by Schnitzelfisch
      Hey again,

      thank you for the detailed response :) . The lack of fulfilling activities might well be affecting your tilt problems/quality play.

      Many successful people say that what they do outside of their work makes them as successful as they are at their work ;) .

      Could you perhaps take some time to think about the activities which could make you happy and improve you life? Perhaps there are some hobbies which you used to have when you were a child? Were there perhaps any moments in your life which made you really really happy? What were they?

      -Primož
      yep , i agree that the non related poker stuff helps a lot, still, meeting new ppl might help, less time behind the screen i suppose

      Been thinking a lot about your ''what made you very happy before'' question , and still struggling to find an answer, which makes me even more pissed..:) . Actually to be honest here , i don't think i was ever like really really happy , of course i had my moments, but those are really from bromides.

      Hobbies i did have quite few , some sports , video games , nothing out of extraordinary .

      Hey again,

      well that's understandable. Our mind tends to recall the bad moments 10x as intensively as good moments, so it's harder to remember the good ones than the bad ones ;) .

      Well, let's try approaching this from another direction. Could you make a list of things that MIGHT interest you/make you happy? Including the things which you haven't tried before. Everything from socializing, helping other people, trying out different sports, etc.

      Then, you can try testing each of those things, and writing down somewhere (on a piece of paper/in a journal/word document) how good you felt while/after doing them?

      This way you can easily test and see what makes you happy :) .

      Are you willing to give it a shot?

      -Primož
    • ErikStenqvist
      ErikStenqvist
      Global
      Joined: 14.01.2013 Posts: 431
      1.tilting way too hard each day , which i never did before

      2.A miracle maybe? i hope it gets me back on track

      3. jokerstars

      Hey Abel!

      My name is Erik and I will be part of the coaching staff focusing on Tilt, A-Game, Mindset, and Lifecoaching. So if you have any questions you can just post them here and let me know in my Q&A thread if i take too long to reply. I'll be trolling around the forums but just so i don't miss anything. :)


      1. What would you say are your most common ways that you tilt? When does it show up and in what situations? Vs certain players etc. Why do you think these certain spots affects you so much?

      2. There is a miracle! :) It's hard work! Really try your best to implement Schnitzlefisch's knowledge on productivity, structure, and learning. Keeping it simple and focusing on one poker mindset and one pokerstrategy area at a time is key. Keep it simple :)

      3. This is a serious or not serious question depending on the answer. How come you so often use this term? :)

      Cheers!
    • imbahness
      imbahness
      Platinum
      Joined: 07.09.2009 Posts: 122
      Hey Primož

      To be honest there are not so many things for me to write it down , but yeah , i wanna change some basic things going on right now , which should help a lot, and it requires only a little ambition, pretty sure i have that , a bit afraid of changes , i tend to make a practice of everything in my life , but yeah gonna give it a shot anyways.


      Originally posted by ErikStenqvist
      1.tilting way too hard each day , which i never did before

      2.A miracle maybe? i hope it gets me back on track

      3. jokerstars

      Hey Abel!

      My name is Erik and I will be part of the coaching staff focusing on Tilt, A-Game, Mindset, and Lifecoaching. So if you have any questions you can just post them here and let me know in my Q&A thread if i take too long to reply. I'll be trolling around the forums but just so i don't miss anything. :)


      1. What would you say are your most common ways that you tilt? When does it show up and in what situations? Vs certain players etc. Why do you think these certain spots affects you so much?

      2. There is a miracle! :) It's hard work! Really try your best to implement Schnitzlefisch's knowledge on productivity, structure, and learning. Keeping it simple and focusing on one poker mindset and one pokerstrategy area at a time is key. Keep it simple :)

      3. This is a serious or not serious question depending on the answer. How come you so often use this term? :)

      Cheers!

      1.Most common ways to tilt?

      I'd say that my own mistakes tilt me most of the time , especially when i'm 99% sure that he has x hand , and i'm not bluffing a good spot , or calling it with worse , and if this shit is happening right in the beginning of my session, it ruins it pretty much.

      1/b.Why do you think these spots affect you?

      It affects me because i feel retarded and fishy , it's like when you regret a decision , remembering it makes you face palm yourself, saying that how could you be such a bimbo.

      3. Jokerstars

      Haven't realized i was using it so much , maybe because i played there the most , and always ran pretty bad , of course you feel like you run even worse because there are the best regs , sucking a good chunk of your win rate , and when you also hit a downswing you can get 1 outered five times in a session.
    • imfromsweden007
      imfromsweden007
      Bronze
      Joined: 11.10.2008 Posts: 726
      To me I kind of get the feeling that you've lost the passion for poker. It sounds like you just consider it a grind, and you don't feel inspired to play poker. This is of course natural, you have played lots of hands, and you play for a living, not to have fun right? But it is extremely important for us to feel inspired when we play, otherwise our game will deteriorate to just pure auto-pilot and often tilt to come. Feeling inspired and motivated before every session is of course harder than it sounds, I think everybody who has already played a substantial amount will struggle with it. I am definitely no expert at it, but for me personally I try to set goals such as achiving x amount in winrate, or moving up as soon as I reach xx, just to keep things interesting and not just one long grind. I'm sure this is all personal though, so I would thinking about what you think could make poker more interesting for you? Is it to set up some goals, get your head off the game for x amount of time everyday, try a new variant, or something else?

      Edit: I would also try to work on your overall attitude, don't blame pokerstars by calling them jokerstars for example. Everybody runs bad, you only feel like you've run worse than anyone else because you're biased. And even if you do run bad, nobody will want to hear whining and it will definitely not help anything. So I think it would do you good to try and be a bit more positive and optimistic in your overall attitude towards stuff. This is obv harder said than done, and I'm quite sure how to give tips on how to this practically, perhaps one of the phsycology coaches could help out with this?
    • imbahness
      imbahness
      Platinum
      Joined: 07.09.2009 Posts: 122
      Originally posted by imfromsweden007
      To me I kind of get the feeling that you've lost the passion for poker. It sounds like you just consider it a grind, and you don't feel inspired to play poker. This is of course natural, you have played lots of hands, and you play for a living, not to have fun right? But it is extremely important for us to feel inspired when we play, otherwise our game will deteriorate to just pure auto-pilot and often tilt to come. Feeling inspired and motivated before every session is of course harder than it sounds, I think everybody who has already played a substantial amount will struggle with it. I am definitely no expert at it, but for me personally I try to set goals such as achiving x amount in winrate, or moving up as soon as I reach xx, just to keep things interesting and not just one long grind. I'm sure this is all personal though, so I would thinking about what you think could make poker more interesting for you? Is it to set up some goals, get your head off the game for x amount of time everyday, try a new variant, or something else?

      Edit: I would also try to work on your overall attitude, don't blame pokerstars by calling them jokerstars for example. Everybody runs bad, you only feel like you've run worse than anyone else because you're biased. And even if you do run bad, nobody will want to hear whining and it will definitely not help anything. So I think it would do you good to try and be a bit more positive and optimistic in your overall attitude towards stuff. This is obv harder said than done, and I'm quite sure how to give tips on how to this practically, perhaps one of the phsycology coaches could help out with this?
      yeah , i'm not rly passionate/motivated these days , but i had these periods from time to time in my ''poker career'' , actually it gets better pretty fast as soon as i start playing properly.(it seems this period can differ a lot ) Fun you ask? yeah of course , never felt that regarding poker (not sure if it's possible, or it's just me , but i feel like if its your only money income it cannot be fun)

      Goals for win rate , limits , amount won. This sounds good (still would like to hear from you , how do you feel if you fail to achieve it , you're like ''no problem lets push it harder next month , or the opposite), i never had anything similar ,my only goal was/is to make enough money to not worry about my bills.

      Jokerstars,

      Sorry if it came down the way that i'm whining , i fuckin hate whiners , ofc it's pointless , and not only pisses , but even the once around you, so ''whining'' wasn't intended at any point.

      To another point let's impersonate pokerstars with a random girl/guy from a random office, let's name her/him Mendy/Alan ,so you, and 56 other ppl work in the same office room , this girl/guy is acting lovely to most of other ppl , she/he even brings lollipops to some of them. every day , but for some reason she/he never brings lollipops to you and some others , on top of that she/he is talking to you like shit, without any reason, my question is , how your group of ppl is gonna mention her/him to anyone ?my guess is that most ppl won't do it very nicely , and the nicer ppl will still mention her/him nicely, but does he/she really deserve it , i mean to be nice , is that person bad that won't talk sweet about someone/something that pisses him off , i don't think so.

      If there is a different/better mindset for this , i really envy you guys
    • ErikStenqvist
      ErikStenqvist
      Global
      Joined: 14.01.2013 Posts: 431
      Originally posted by imbahness
      1. my own mistakes, when i'm 99% sure that he has x hand

      2. It affects me because i feel retarded and fishy ,

      3. , and always ran pretty bad
      1. Why do you think that you go against your gut in situations like these? Go through both examples because the are emotionally similar but opposite in nature (if that makes any sense).

      2. How much of this issue do you think is based on that you are unsure in certain spots about the actual pokerstrategy in those specific spots. And how much is emotional? Even if its mainly emotional that can get even worse if we don't have a solid foundation of theory to fall back on.

      3. I recommend you to start playing a game called "Spotting Good Variance". Take a pen and paper and write down every single spot where you run good in a session. The tell yourself out loud "See thats some run good right there! Boom!" Or whatever positive you want to say. Be appreciative for the good stuff that comes your way, this can eventually have some remarkable changes in your outlook of the game if you keep practicing it. What do you think the long term benefits of this could be? :)

      Good work so far! Cheers! :)
    • imbahness
      imbahness
      Platinum
      Joined: 07.09.2009 Posts: 122
      Originally posted by ErikStenqvist
      Originally posted by imbahness
      1. my own mistakes, when i'm 99% sure that he has x hand

      2. It affects me because i feel retarded and fishy ,

      3. , and always ran pretty bad
      1. Why do you think that you go against your gut in situations like these? Go through both examples because the are emotionally similar but opposite in nature (if that makes any sense).

      2. How much of this issue do you think is based on that you are unsure in certain spots about the actual pokerstrategy in those specific spots. And how much is emotional? Even if its mainly emotional that can get even worse if we don't have a solid foundation of theory to fall back on.

      3. I recommend you to start playing a game called "Spotting Good Variance". Take a pen and paper and write down every single spot where you run good in a session. The tell yourself out loud "See thats some run good right there! Boom!" Or whatever positive you want to say. Be appreciative for the good stuff that comes your way, this can eventually have some remarkable changes in your outlook of the game if you keep practicing it. What do you think the long term benefits of this could be? :)

      Good work so far! Cheers! :)

      __________________
      Erik Stenqvist --> Tilt, A-Game, Mindset & Lifecoaching.

      Any questions about the mental side of poker? Just fire away!
      Skype: erik.stenqvist
      Email: Info@ErikStenqvist.com
      1.been thinking about this a lot , and then i realized that it's because i'm fearing that 1% is gonna happen, and i'm gonna end up being stupid , which i still do, when i realize that i was right, and still playing it wrong, it's pretty much a paradox , has no way out .

      To be honest , as i think of it right in this moment, my biggest/hugest problem is mindset , always thinking about bad stuff , and never looking back to the good ones. Even if i make an ''outstanding'' (ofc outstanding for me) play, i'm not happy about it for more then a couple of seconds.

      2.yeah , i think it's mainly based on emotions , im pretty sure what to do in any spot , at my limit players don't get out of line too much, to put me into situations like that. Even tho i'm still giving them too much credit , and lvling myself into ''he knows this and that and he's not gonna do this and that.

      3. I'm pretty sceptical about this, but won't hurt for sure.
      You know my scepticism comes from even believing in these tips, my thoughts on this are like ''how could saying this or writing that down change my way of thinking '' Not sure how does it differ from a person to another , does it make most ppl remember those spots?I don't think that works for me , but if i can read that shit knowing that i'm only reading it, to not feel shit that might actually be a good plan.

      Not sure if any of this post made sense , couldn't express myself exactly how i wanted , my english knowledge is very very basic , which mirrors on my poor dictionary.
    • imbahness
      imbahness
      Platinum
      Joined: 07.09.2009 Posts: 122
      changed up my game a bit , was maybe a bit too maniac'ish , but still happy about my play,at least i did not tilt , was calm the whole time, for some reason hand converter doesn't seem to work, gonna try again tomorrow , till then here is session graph

    • Schnitzelfisch
      Schnitzelfisch
      Bronze
      Joined: 08.11.2008 Posts: 4,952
      Originally posted by imbahness
      Hey Primož

      To be honest there are not so many things for me to write it down , but yeah , i wanna change some basic things going on right now , which should help a lot, and it requires only a little ambition, pretty sure i have that , a bit afraid of changes , i tend to make a practice of everything in my life , but yeah gonna give it a shot anyways.
      Hey again,

      ok - what is it that you want to change? What is the action plan for changing them? Next steps? Do you have some goals that you want to set for yourself?

      It's always much better to have things written down than in your head, as they hold you accountable and aren't just random wishes and dreams. Making a plan for your changes will make it more probable that you will actually do them and succeed in them ;) .

      I understand that you are afraid of changes, it's natural to be afraid to go out of your comfort zone. However, what's the worst thing that can happen? You're in this camp to improve and there are a lot of people who want to help you out on your journey. So go on and take a leap of faith so that we can help you overcome any possible problems and help you improve your life and poker game!

      -Primož
    • imbahness
      imbahness
      Platinum
      Joined: 07.09.2009 Posts: 122
      Originally posted by Schnitzelfisch
      Originally posted by imbahness
      Hey Primož

      To be honest there are not so many things for me to write it down , but yeah , i wanna change some basic things going on right now , which should help a lot, and it requires only a little ambition, pretty sure i have that , a bit afraid of changes , i tend to make a practice of everything in my life , but yeah gonna give it a shot anyways.
      Hey again,

      ok - what is it that you want to change? What is the action plan for changing them? Next steps? Do you have some goals that you want to set for yourself?

      It's always much better to have things written down than in your head, as they hold you accountable and aren't just random wishes and dreams. Making a plan for your changes will make it more probable that you will actually do them and succeed in them ;) .

      I understand that you are afraid of changes, it's natural to be afraid to go out of your comfort zone. However, what's the worst thing that can happen? You're in this camp to improve and there are a lot of people who want to help you out on your journey. So go on and take a leap of faith so that we can help you overcome any possible problems and help you improve your life and poker game!

      -Primož
      Hey Primož

      I meant basic because it's really basic , i'm lucky enough to have 2 wonderful friends , who we all care and stuff for each other , we know each other since we were kids , but i feel like that's not enough anymore , ofc i hope this between us will never end , but meeting new ppl , socializing a bit more might make me go easier on things.

      Action plan you ask , it's nothing written in stone , but all i need is to act , and not to sit on my lazy ass all day behind screen , i know a bunch of ppl , so gonna just contact them in order to have some fun, hang out somewhere more often .
    • imbahness
      imbahness
      Platinum
      Joined: 07.09.2009 Posts: 122
      some uncommon? hands


      $0.25/$0.50 No Limit Holdem
      Prima
      6 Players
      Hand Conversion Powered by weaktight.com

      Stacks:
      UTG Player 2 ($104.67) 209bb
      UTG+1 Player 3 ($51) 102bb
      CO Player 4 ($52.75) 106bb
      BTN Player 5 ($50) 100bb
      SB Player 6 ($81.75) 164bb
      BB imbahnes ($50.50) 101bb

      Pre-Flop: ($0.75, 6 players) imbahnes is BB :7s: :8s:
      2 folds, Player 4 raises to $1.50, 2 folds, imbahnes raises to $5.50, Player 4 calls $4

      Flop: Q: :5s: :4d: ($9.75, 2 players)
      imbahnes bets $6, Player 4 raises to $13.50, imbahnes calls $7.50

      Turn: :9s: ($30.75, 2 players)
      imbahnes checks, Player 4 checks

      River: :7d: ($30.75, 2 players)
      imbahnes goes all-in $31.50, Player 4 folds

      Final Pot: $62.25

      imbahnes wins $67.84 (net +$23.34)

      Player 4 lost $17.50

      Waiting for reply's on this , not sure if this is profitable in the long run

      $0.25/$0.50 No Limit Holdem
      Prima
      6 Players
      Hand Conversion Powered by weaktight.com

      Stacks:
      UTG Player 3 ($50) 100bb
      UTG+1 Player 4 ($77.35) 155bb
      CO Player 5 ($139.03) 278bb
      BTN Player 6 ($50) 100bb
      SB Player 1 ($50.35) 101bb
      BB imbahnes ($126.85) 254bb

      Pre-Flop: ($0.75, 6 players) imbahnes is BB K: T:
      3 folds, Player 6 raises to $1.25, 1 fold, imbahnes calls $0.75

      Flop: :7c: :7h: :3d: ($2.25, 2 players)
      imbahnes checks, Player 6 bets $1.75, imbahnes calls $1.75

      Turn: :9c: ($5.75, 2 players)
      imbahnes checks, Player 6 bets $4.25, imbahnes raises to $12.50, Player 6 calls $8.25

      River: :6d: ($26.50, 2 players)
      imbahnes goes all-in $111.35, Player 6 folds

      Final Pot: $137.85

      imbahnes wins $141.04 (net +$14.69)

      Player 6 lost $11.25
    • ErikStenqvist
      ErikStenqvist
      Global
      Joined: 14.01.2013 Posts: 431
      Originally posted by imbahness
      Originally posted by ErikStenqvist
      Originally posted by imbahness
      1. my own mistakes, when i'm 99% sure that he has x hand

      2. It affects me because i feel retarded and fishy ,

      3. , and always ran pretty bad
      1. Why do you think that you go against your gut in situations like these? Go through both examples because the are emotionally similar but opposite in nature (if that makes any sense).

      2. How much of this issue do you think is based on that you are unsure in certain spots about the actual pokerstrategy in those specific spots. And how much is emotional? Even if its mainly emotional that can get even worse if we don't have a solid foundation of theory to fall back on.

      3. I recommend you to start playing a game called "Spotting Good Variance". Take a pen and paper and write down every single spot where you run good in a session. The tell yourself out loud "See thats some run good right there! Boom!" Or whatever positive you want to say. Be appreciative for the good stuff that comes your way, this can eventually have some remarkable changes in your outlook of the game if you keep practicing it. What do you think the long term benefits of this could be? :)

      Good work so far! Cheers! :)

      __________________
      Erik Stenqvist --> Tilt, A-Game, Mindset & Lifecoaching.

      Any questions about the mental side of poker? Just fire away!
      Skype: erik.stenqvist
      Email: Info@ErikStenqvist.com
      1.been thinking about this a lot , and then i realized that it's because i'm fearing that 1% is gonna happen, and i'm gonna end up being stupid , which i still do, when i realize that i was right, and still playing it wrong, it's pretty much a paradox , has no way out .

      To be honest , as i think of it right in this moment, my biggest/hugest problem is mindset , always thinking about bad stuff , and never looking back to the good ones. Even if i make an ''outstanding'' (ofc outstanding for me) play, i'm not happy about it for more then a couple of seconds.

      2.yeah , i think it's mainly based on emotions , im pretty sure what to do in any spot , at my limit players don't get out of line too much, to put me into situations like that. Even tho i'm still giving them too much credit , and lvling myself into ''he knows this and that and he's not gonna do this and that.

      3. I'm pretty sceptical about this, but won't hurt for sure.
      You know my scepticism comes from even believing in these tips, my thoughts on this are like ''how could saying this or writing that down change my way of thinking '' Not sure how does it differ from a person to another , does it make most ppl remember those spots?I don't think that works for me , but if i can read that shit knowing that i'm only reading it, to not feel shit that might actually be a good plan.

      Not sure if any of this post made sense , couldn't express myself exactly how i wanted , my english knowledge is very very basic , which mirrors on my poor dictionary.
      Everything does make sense actually. But we know that you need to try new things in your approach to poker. But if we approach them with instant negativity without having tried them or have the sample size to have an opinion of it then we can be pretty sure that there is an emotion there holding us back. Because you need to find out for yourself if it works. This does sound like a fear of failure in the sense that if you don't put in the work to change you can always blame it unconsciously on "Well if I had only studied and put effort into it I would most likely have had better results"

      It's harder for the ego to take a hit of alo0sing session/sessions when we try our hardest. The more negative your emotion is about trying new things, learning and improving the more suspicions you should be that it's not your ego trying to hold you back.

      Does this sound like something that could be true for you?
    • 1
    • 2