Lagtard on the highway

• 8 replies
    • getdotacom
      getdotacom
      Black
      This is interesting guy. I like 3betting these guys and when they call just close your eyes and bet all streets. When they 4bet, shove. Same when u just call and flop air or little bit better - raise and barrel. We have to play more aggro than he does.

Against 3bets - I don't like 4betting because they shove a lot, I rather call them super wide and try to hit something. It's basically call 3 or none against him, even when the board runs out ugly, I like calling them super lite.
    • LgWz
      LgWz
      Black
      Is there any particular spot you're having trouble with?

First of all I'd tighten my opening range when he's CO/BTN and 4bet more often both for value and bluff. After you get more info on his 3bet strategy you can make adjustments (i.e. if he 3bets a ton but his value range is narrow you should 4bet bluff a lot, but if he's balanced you'll want to be balanced as well).

3bet and call more often vs his EP raises than vs avg reg (opens too much).

Defend BB very wide vs his SB opens.

Small sample here but he check/raises a ton on the flop so I'd check back hands that don't want to face too much heat (medium strong made hands and draws) and also play back with air specially when he doesn't rep much. You should seek for info here as well - does he c/r KQ on K72 and gets it in? Is he always full of crap when he c/r this board? After you know this you can again adjust your strategy.

Looks good to c/r him a lot when you're pfr, he's stabbing a lot vs missed cbets so you want to take advantage of that.
    • IronPumper
      IronPumper
      Coach
      Coach
      He is clearly cbetting way too much.

2 questions:
      what is his C/F as PFA when skipped cbet?
      what is his fold to turnbet when skipped flopcbetIP?

Those answers can give us already a good grasp on his cbet-range.
      When those numbers would be pretty high we can assume that combined with his lower cbet/Fold-stat he is likely cbetting pretty depolarized - > for instance no potcontrolling with 2ndpairs and so on.

possible Adjustements would be:
      - raising his cbets thinner for value (with TPGK-hands for instance)
      - bluffstabbing any 2 when he misses a flopcbet
      - trapchecking some valuehands when he misses a cbet (depending on how good he is and how often you paly him, you can make this often or only sometimes to not appear totally imbalanced to him...)
    • BC1989RF
      BC1989RF
      Gold

couldnt find the cback flop call turn stat...

But i see your point.
      i play him v often so trapping all the time mite not be best but these delay c/r turn depends a lot on the turn card anyway.

thanks for all the answers.
    • IronPumper
      IronPumper
      Coach
      Coach
      Originally posted by BC1989RF

couldnt find the cback flop call turn stat...

But i see your point.
      i play him v often so trapping all the time mite not be best but these delay c/r turn depends a lot on the turn card anyway.

thanks for all the answers.
      vs. him trapping is also not a good adustment cause his C/F-stat is not high, actually.

Those players are for me as qwell pretty uncomfortable:

you wanna look for their actions where they have their weak ranges, but at least stats-wise you cannot find it cause cbet-stats are high, Cbet/Fold-stats are low and also fold to stab-stats are low - ust magic to me - where the fuck do they have their bottomranges?^^

Obv. it can be thathe floats/bluff3bets a lot when his cbet got raised - here some stats like how often he does fold vs. a follow-up Turnbet once h cbet/called OTF or a stat that shows how often he does fold vs. a flop-4b migh be nice - but HM2 does not provide them - you could get notecaddy though and build it yourself...

ah btw.,
      the stat how often he fold vs a turnstab once he skipped his FlopcbetIP, you can find in HM2 under
      skipped cbet-> Skip Flop CB and Fold toTurn Bet IP
    • BC1989RF
      BC1989RF
      Gold
      this is interesting - you're more looking for how villains play the BOTTOM of their range?
      i do the opposite - and if he takes a line i know he cant have the nuts with, im not going anywhere. i think its more efficient given the frequency of flopping top of a range ^^

Nope, no stat left in the Skipped Cbet section after having clicked the 3 above...
      Anyway, think my sample is way too small for that kind of stats...

Cheers
      -Ben
    • pleno1
      pleno1
      Coach
      Coach
      First immediate thing to me is 3bet alot bvb?
    • IronPumper
      IronPumper
      Coach
      Coach
      Originally posted by pleno1
      First immediate thing to me is 3bet alot bvb?
      nah, not rly given that the sample is only 4.
      Still you can 3b decently wide and a reasonable range but at this point imo there is no need to widen your 3b-range...