Decent Nl50 Tag

• 3 replies
    • imfromsweden007
      imfromsweden007
      Bronze
      Hi,

The guy seems decent, positionally aware, 3bets a decent amount, seems not too fit or fold postflop, but still doesn't cbet an absurd amount. Overall the guy seems decent. There are however some stuff that stands out that we can exploit:

His fold to 3bet is overall 66%, which is fine, but on the button it's 72%. That's too much, so we should consider 3betting slightly more. He also seems to be the kind of guy who either 4bets or folds versus 3bets, even in position, so we should only 3bet completely trash hands that we don't mind folding versus a 4bet (like A2o and similar), or hands we are willing to ship over a 4bet with.

That trend also carries over to single raised pots, he seems to only 3bet or fold his blinds, and rarely just call. This means that unless he's going completely berzerk with his 3betting (which he does not appear to do), he will fold his blinds too much. And see and behold, his fold BB to steal is 80% :o So whenever he's in your blinds, just minraise any two cards on the button.

He seems to be quite sticky postflop as well, a fold to cbet of 35% is very very low. This means that he's either floating very wide, or bluffraising very wide, likely both. That means we should just give up a larger portion of our range, and when we do cbet, we should fight back more, both by not folding our marginal hands, but also by 3bet bluffing versus his raises etc. This does not mean you should go bananas every time, you should still cbet/fold etc (otherwise he'll catch on very quickly and adapt easily), just a little less frequently :) I guess those were the main things I noticed straight away, if there was anything else that he does or that you wonder about, just let me know and I'll do my best to answer!

ifs
    • jachis
      jachis
      Bronze
      Thanks for the analysis, If I wont be lazy, will post some villains hands.
    • gadget51
      gadget51
      Bronze
      Hi there jachis, how are you doing so far?

I've been asked to try to keep things moving forward and current. We wouldn't like for anyone to miss out on anything here.

Have you posted any of those hands you were talking about anywhere? :)

Regards and have fun,

Mal.