Winning with myself Part 2

• franeczek
      franeczek
      Global
      Hey Guys!
      What do you play?

I used to play nl50-nl100 for like 2 years with solid results. Both full rings and short handed. the problem is that after gettig curhsed in September last year I struggle to rebuit my play and confidence. Lately been playing mostly nl 50 which till hell out of em but I do very little volume nad given that I ahve to paid expenses from poker I can't save enough to move back to nl100.

Poker history?

Some of you probably recognize me here. Fro everyone who would like to know about me more I still have a blog here in english community:
      Blog

What I am struggling the most is the tilt. I used to be a guy that would preffer to grind like 10 hours of nl 50 (where I have had like 8bb/100 winrate) than nl100 (where I have had like 5bb/100 winrate) just to avoid variance.

So for like 2 years I had like great life no problems but then in September or so got crushed badly by variance. I end up running like 100BI belov EV and lost overall like 40BI in 130k hands period. So I got literally crushed.

This was also the time when I started to work with our fellow mental coach Erik Stenqvist.

This Year graph

There are just 2 problems. Another thing is I also developed some scary leaks where I just play scary poker that still works great at full ring games but not really at shorthanded lately.

I am also terrible at playing ZOOM/fast forward Poker, at best break-even if not worse. The 30k break-even period on my graph at the end is me trying to play fast forward poker :f_cry: :f_cry: :f_cry: .

Goals and aspirations for poker?

-playing more (at least 100k hands per month)
      I struggle with the volume which make it hard to make a living from poker. Just due to my tilt problem I don't want to play. Most of the time I am too scared.

- move to nl200 the lmit I never beat.
      Last limit used to beat is nl100 . I used to have like 4.5bb there just haven't been playing nl100 for like 7 months cause never have a roll to do so.

-Developing a better gameplan

-move to Thailand till May :D

-just be happy overall so be less affected by poker results themselves.

What do you sturggle with?

I have pretty poor gameplan.I don't barell enough and call too much or fold too much in many spots. I play almost fit or fold out of position and can't develop really solid gameplan there.

I am really good in making money from the fish but really bad when it goes to playing vs other regs. I don't understand their strategy good enough and make some silly mistakes vs them.

I also noticed that many other regs consider me tilting as a read and they do things vs me to induce (e.g. limp/reraising vs me, or minr my cbets etc.) knowing that I am able to spew even vs nits.

I suck at 3b pots, don't barell enough and don't bluff enough and overall I odn't know what to do. Same in 4b pots when someone calls my 4b I don't know what to do most of the time.

I have the worst river call efficiency in the world like 1.18 overall. I just think that everyone try to bluff me off the hand so I keep calling :f_mad:

What do you want to get out of the bootcamp?

I think that it will be a great learning opportunity. Most of the people here are way better players than me so I will be able to learn and develop better gameplan that will allow me to beat comfortably at least nl100 again.
  • 12 replies
    • ErikStenqvist
      ErikStenqvist
      Global
      I will keep a good eye on you sir! :D
    • pleno1
      pleno1
      Coach
      Coach
      Hey,

Interesting that you are struggling wtih Zoom, could you maybe post a screen shot of your Zoom stats and then your normal table stats, maybe we can find some leak in there.

You seem really under-confident in yourself, I'd love to see these stats and try to find some basic/common leaks and work on them with you.

Thanks for being involved.
    • franeczek
      franeczek
      Global
      Originally posted by pleno1
      Hey,

Interesting that you are struggling wtih Zoom, could you maybe post a screen shot of your Zoom stats and then your normal table stats, maybe we can find some leak in there.

You seem really under-confident in yourself, I'd love to see these stats and try to find some basic/common leaks and work on them with you.

Thanks for being involved.

Unfortunately I don't have old database and this year I was playing mostly full ring due to my lack of sonfidence.

Here are my stats from nl25/nl50 fast forward on Party Poker:

Graph:
    • pleno1
      pleno1
      Coach
      Coach
      First thing that massively stands out is your CO/BTN pfr. Both the overall VPIP and the 3bet is way too low.

Could you make a screen shot of yor opening ranges in CO/BU on a normal/standard table.
    • franeczek
      franeczek
      Global
      First thing that massively stands out is your CO/BTN pfr. Both the overall VPIP and the 3bet is way too low.

Could you make a screen shot of yor opening ranges in CO/BU on a normal/standard table.
      I can't because for the last 6-months or so I was playing almost esclusively full ring games and there is no zoom fr at Party Poker.

I only found some old pokerstars stats where my stats where even more nitty. I open like 23% CO and around 45-46% BTN, 3b CO 6% and BTN 7%.

Except the 30k hands that I played on Fast Forward I don't have my old hands from ZOOM and I haven't been playing normal tables for a while when it goes 6-max games.
    • pleno1
      pleno1
      Coach
      Coach
      You can still do it:

1) Equilab
      2) Build your range
      3) Save it as an image
      4) Post

Just the range you would open when it folds to you.
    • franeczek
      franeczek
      Global
      You can still do it:

1) Equilab
      2) Build your range
      3) Save it as an image
      4) Post

Just the range you would open when it folds to you.
      Yeah you are right so here it is:

CO range:

BTN range:
    • gadget51
      gadget51
      Bronze
      Hi there franeczek, how are you doing so far?

I see you haven't had a reply yet so I'll see if I can get someone to pop in ok? :)

Regards,

Mal.
    • pleno1
      pleno1
      Coach
      Coach
      Hey,

CO range looks too tight.

Q9s is a slamdunk open!

JTo, J9o, J8o, K9o, Q9o, Q8o, 86s, 75s, J8s, J7s, 65s, 54s are all opens in my opinion, we are in the cut off and have a good price to steal, if we have aggressive guys behind, then your range would be my counter adjustment.

BTN again is far too tight.

We should definitely open
      every ace
      every suited king
      suited queens
      suited jacks
      j7o+
      k5o+
      q7o+
      all suited connectors

At an absolute minimum.

Both of these ranges are absolutely huge leaks, but this is why we are here. You can definitely change this, you can still cbet most flops if the blinds call and tight vs 3bets, people won't be THAT aggressive vs you and we will have initiative + position most of the time.
    • gadget51
      gadget51
      Bronze
      Hi franeczek,
      I was just reading your other blog, good stuff indeed.

Have you had any thoughts about pleo1's ideas by the way? Post them here to keep your thread current, it deserves views. :)

Mal.
    • franeczek
      franeczek
      Global
      Originally posted by gadget51
      Hi franeczek,
      I was just reading your other blog, good stuff indeed.

Have you had any thoughts about pleo1's ideas by the way? Post them here to keep your thread current, it deserves views. :)

Mal.
      Thanks for reading it.

Yeah haven' been to active here but there is a reason. I read the Schnitzelfish thread once again also as always talked with my mental coach (hi Erik ;) ) and I realized one important thing.
      Knowing is not enough it is all about doing. It has been like that for a while for me and it really sucks. So basically I try to improve but I also try to finally incorporate it to my game which hasn't been the case for a long time for me. There is hug gap for me when it goes to that and for some reason I suck at incorporating important stuff to my game :( .
      I already wrote my vision statement and currently work on my goals and habits. Currently watching new concepts and leak fixing vids cause htats something I was always struggling with.

Lets face it watching Pleno1 won't make me nl500 crusher instantly but if I am able to incorporate at least some things to my game it will be improvement. For sure it is better than just knowing and not incorporating it at all.

I plan to watch today the mbml serie about constructing preflop ranges and will post here my thoughts hupefully.
    • ErikStenqvist
      ErikStenqvist
      Global
      Originally posted by franeczek

Thanks for reading it.

Yeah haven' been to active here but there is a reason. I read the Schnitzelfish thread once again also as always talked with my mental coach (hi Erik ;) ) and I realized one important thing.
      Knowing is not enough it is all about doing. It has been like that for a while for me and it really sucks. So basically I try to improve but I also try to finally incorporate it to my game which hasn't been the case for a long time for me. There is hug gap for me when it goes to that and for some reason I suck at incorporating important stuff to my game :( .
      I already wrote my vision statement and currently work on my goals and habits. Currently watching new concepts and leak fixing vids cause htats something I was always struggling with.

Lets face it watching Pleno1 won't make me nl500 crusher instantly but if I am able to incorporate at least some things to my game it will be improvement. For sure it is better than just knowing and not incorporating it at all.

I plan to watch today the mbml serie about constructing preflop ranges and will post here my thoughts hupefully.
      We grind for the small edges every day, learn and improve! :)

Keep up the good work!