This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] #6 QT nl20

• ilidek
      ilidek
      Bronze
      Hero (BTN): $20 (100 bb)
      SB: $33.19 (166 bb)
      BB: $38.81 (194.1 bb)
      MP: $13.05 (65.3 bb)
      CO: $19.47 (97.4 bb)

Preflop: Hero is BTN with T:club: Q:spade:
      MP folds, CO calls $0.20, Hero raises to $0.80, 2 folds, CO calls $0.60

Flop: ($1.90) K:spade: 8:heart: 7:club: (2 players)
      CO checks, Hero checks

Turn: ($1.90) J:club: (2 players)
      CO checks, Hero checks

River: ($1.90) A:club: (2 players)
      CO bets $1.90, Hero calls $1.90

I think I should raise here up to 5.7 and fold to shove? I will gain some value from two pairs and sets and flush probably will shove.
  • 3 replies
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hi Ilidek,

Preflop: looks fine

Postflop: This is an ok flop to cbet on as it's Kxx rainbox. So we should cbet about 1.1-1.2 versus the fishy guy.

As played we can raise/fold if he is a passive fish. And about $6 or so sounds good. Ax can still call and he has plenty of those in his range.
    • ilidek
      ilidek
      Bronze
      yeah I usually cbet those boards. It's not the best board to cbet 87 is pretty connected to a lot of hands but still it's rainbow and I can cbet but I think this guy has 20% fold to cbet or something on guys like him I usually bet only on boards like 5K5ss, 393r, and so forth I rarely cbet on boards medium connected. I can't see his stats because it was on anon table but I think he has pretty low fold to cbet and this board is good vs avarage player not vs calling station
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Originally posted by ilidek
      yeah I usually cbet those boards. It's not the best board to cbet 87 is pretty connected to a lot of hands but still it's rainbow and I can cbet but I think this guy has 20% fold to cbet or something on guys like him I usually bet only on boards like 5K5ss, 393r, and so forth I rarely cbet on boards medium connected. I can't see his stats because it was on anon table but I think he has pretty low fold to cbet and this board is good vs avarage player not vs calling station
      KT9 would be much worse than K87. There are a lot of Ax, Qx, Jx, Tx random hands that can fold when you cbet the flop and if we bet 1.1-1.2 our bet only has to work ~40% of the time without counting our little equity and future streets. And his range has to be really wide here to begin with.