This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] #11 AK nl20

• ilidek
      ilidek
      Bronze
      Hero (BB): $13.75 (137.5 bb)
      MP: $9.10 (91 bb)
      CO: $4.14 (41.4 bb)
      BTN: $9 (90 bb)
      SB: $10.25 (102.5 bb)

Preflop: Hero is BB with A:diamond: K:club:
      2 folds, BTN raises to $0.20, SB folds, Hero raises to $0.60, BTN calls $0.40

Flop: ($1.25) J:club: 5:heart: A:club: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.90, BTN raises to $8.40 and is all-in, Hero folds

pot is small I am not sure I should call this vs unk
  • 3 replies
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hi Ilidek,

Preflop: I think we should raise larger there, especially OOP. Why are we making it only 3x here? Misclick?

Postflop: Similarly to the AQ hand I think this is a call. The only problem is that we raised so small preflop and he can have even a hand like J5 that raises here like this.

But often times fish do not shove the nuts like this, they min raise, or slowplay them so I am confident with TPTK and backdoor flush.

Preflop I would have made it at least $1
    • ilidek
      ilidek
      Bronze
      Yeah usually I would make it 1$ or even 1.2$ so you are saying that w/ TP decent kicker I should call fish shove on the Flop? I have this problem with shorts but it seems to good gameplan to call all those shove w/ TP and TK or second kicker?
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Originally posted by ilidek
      Yeah usually I would make it 1$ or even 1.2$ so you are saying that w/ TP decent kicker I should call fish shove on the Flop? I have this problem with shorts but it seems to good gameplan to call all those shove w/ TP and TK or second kicker?
      This is very similar to the AQ hands where he showed up with AJ.

9/10 times fish will take this line with weaker made hands or semibluffs/bluffs that are looking for FE. So I cannot see us folding TPTK here at all without specific info on the villain.

And our small raise preflop may have induced him to try and bluff postflop.