earn $5000

• Pumper247
      Pumper247
      Bronze
      - What do you play?
      I play NL50SH on William Hill. Most of the time the speed poker tables.

- Poker history?
      When I registerd on Pokerstrategy i played NL25. Now im at NL50 and cant let it behind me. My highest Limit was NL100 where it went like this /\

- Goals and aspirations for poker?
      First of all i need to reach 7500 Strategy-Points for the Gemstone :D
      This month: I want to make $5000 and move up to NL100. Yes , seems a bit excessive for a NL50 loosingplayer but ill try to achieve.
      Long Time: I want to move up in stakes and maybe finance a car,vagas trip or a penthouse.

- What do you sturggle with?
      My biggest leak is that i played to many tables. This month ill play 2-3 speed tables most of the time.

- What do you want to get out of the bootcamp?
      I really want to improve and take every advice i get.
  • 19 replies
    • pleno1
      pleno1
      Coach
      Coach
      Welcome Pumper247,

Nice to have you here.

Looking forward to following your progress in the camp.

Long term goals are cool, hopefully you can achieve them and then post a picture of them.

$5000 for this month is ambitious, but ambitious is good. Lets try to make that successful for you.

Pic of your positional stats?
    • Pumper247
      Pumper247
      Bronze
      Hi pleno1
      thank you& nice to have you here.

my February positional stats:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

my February Graph:

• Pumper247
      Pumper247
      Bronze
      Update:

I am on a big heater!

Think overall I am doing well. Today I went jogging with some friends. After showering and some minutes chilling i startet a session but felt really low on energy. Spewt in 20 hands 1/2 stack away and quit immediate =)

After some more chilling I startet the next session and come into A-Game as you can see on the redline from hand 5000. But then I lost 2 big pots:

vs 20/15/5 3bet on 80 hands
      Think Turn fold is fine.
      iPoker - $0.50 NL FAST (6 max) - Holdem - 6 players
      Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

BB: $46.00
      UTG: $43.29
      MP: $26.64
      CO: $50.94
      Hero (BTN): $81.14
      SB: $351.01

SB posts SB $0.25, BB posts BB $0.50

Pre Flop: (pot: $0.75) Hero has J:spade: J:heart:

fold, fold, fold, Hero raises to $1.00, SB raises to $4.50, fold, Hero calls $3.50

Flop: ($9.50, 2 players) 5:diamond: 5:spade: Q:club:
      SB bets $7.12, Hero calls $7.12

Turn: ($23.74, 2 players) 6:diamond:
      SB bets $17.80, Hero calls $17.80

River: ($59.34, 2 players) 3:club:
      SB bets $321.59, Hero calls $51.72 :facepalm:

had 20 hands on BB. 22/9
      Preflop he called fast. I think this is often a tarp. AK sould 4bet and JJ,TT probably fold.
      So what do you do on the Flop? Sure i missplayed.

BB: $72.57
      UTG: $53.24
      MP: $50.25
      CO: $88.20
      BTN: $105.54
      Hero (SB): $105.36

Hero posts SB $0.25, BB posts BB $0.50

Pre Flop: (pot: $0.75) Hero has Q:spade: Q:club:

fold, fold, CO raises to $1.50, BTN calls $1.50, Hero raises to $8.50, BB calls $8.00, fold, fold

Flop: ($20.00, 2 players) 6:club: 4:spade: 3:heart:
      Hero checks, BB bets $10.00, Hero raises to $25.00, BB raises to $64.07 and is all-in, Hero calls $39.07

Turn: ($148.14, 2 players) 8:club:

River: ($148.14, 2 players) 7:diamond:

Now , lets grind some more hands to get gerneral on william hill this month and of course $5000.
    • pleno1
      pleno1
      Coach
      Coach
      Originally posted by Pumper247
      Hi pleno1
      thank you& nice to have you here.

my February positional stats:

my February Graph:

Hey Pumper,

I think there are some major leaks here.

You are playing WAY too tight pre flop. 1.7% 3bet from the cut off is way too low and you are simply opening way too tight from UTG and MP.

I would suggest you post your UTG/EP ranges in an equilab screen shot and we can disect them.

Thanks
      Patrick
    • Pumper247
      Pumper247
      Bronze
      Hey pleno1,
      thanks for stopping by&analyzing.

Yeah , compared to others opening ranges (on my tables or in hte forums), mine are really tight. Some months ago , i added from UTG+MP every PP, some SCs,Axs.
      But i didnt very well and my private coach told me i dont need to open them on NL50. And I did better.
      Now , with increased skill and the intention to move up the limits some day , I need to expand them.
      I would like to work on your advices and slowly add some more hands in my ranges.

current UTG:

current MP:

From the CO I 3bet AK,QQ+ default. But Often I flat AK and sometime Queens cause of their tight ranges vs I dont feel comfortable to go broke. Maybe theres something to expand , too.

Where can I start to improve?
    • pleno1
      pleno1
      Coach
      Coach
      Yeah utg:

I would open all the suited broadways, ATs for sure, these hands are really good! Plus we have a strong range so with suited hands we can barrel turns and get pairs to fold a lot of the time.

Example, we raise, mp calls 99, flop 842dcs, turn 5c, if we have QJcc we barrel and he's going to fold a lot of the time.

From MP:

Again, get them suited broadways in! Also think you can open all pairs now and 89, 109,all become opens too. Most people would open A5-A2s here too, but I don't mind you folding for now.
    • Pumper247
      Pumper247
      Bronze
      Thank you, I'll apply in my next session :)
    • gadget51
      gadget51
      Bronze
      Hi Pumper247, how is it going for you?

How beneficial are you finding the course so far? If you have questions you can post them in here and it'll keep your thread up to date and encourage others to post in it as well. :)

Have fun,

Mal.
    • Jatzek3
      Jatzek3
      Bronze
      I wish determination in completing your goals

I think that im in simmilar place and it will be nice thing to work out togheter trough the stakes.

GL
    • Pumper247
      Pumper247
      Bronze
      @gadget51 Thanks for asking =) Im currently at +$600 on 18k hands (~7bb).
      Not really happy with it , cause behind pace. I have played too much in a row and also too many tables too reach bonus... So I took a break yesterday. I think its improtant for me to have at least 1day/week absense the tables.

I could benefit more if I would post more in other threads, but already learned some nice things. Really appreciate the atmosphere here.

What Ive learned from other threads is that i need to create a structured plan for every day. Im watching at least 1 Video/day and always review my sessions but without any plan and there are some things i can add like warmup, session goals etc. Ill post a plan next days and maybe we can optimize it.

@Jatzek3 thx. Im following your thread too. Would be very nice to see us moveing up and achieve our goals.
    • Pumper247
      Pumper247
      Bronze
      every time the same... :rage:

going for the analyze tomorrow.
      fml
    • ErikStenqvist
      ErikStenqvist
      Global
      - What do you sturggle with?
      My biggest leak is that i played to many tables. This month ill play 2-3 speed tables most of the time.
      Hey!

How has this been working out for you? Had any urges or been adding tables every now and then lately?
    • Pumper247
      Pumper247
      Bronze
      Hey,

Actually i played 2-3 tables all time. But today i changed some things.

Ive found a new BIG leak in my last sessions. I made huge missplays. In the session reviews i spot them immediately. I guess those missplays are caused of low energy .

So today i startet to document all my activities and my energylevel in the sessions.
      I already improved today because i felt aware of my energy and spot missplay- took breaks earlier.

I also testet today to start the session with 2 speed tables and after 10 minutes of confidence i added a 3rd one. Again after 10 minutes i added a 4th. And i think i did well in playing 4. On high energy I didnt spot any missplay caused of too many action.
      I'll try this further on and see how it goes.

Edit: found an interesting hand.He has cbet 3/3. So he definitely can bet.
      OTT he can call w gutshots,PPs.I guess a Queen would bet or x/r. OTR it looks like he missed his draw. Do like the raise?

BB: $124.84 (VPIP: 55.08, PFR: 12.39, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, Hands: 119)
      UTG: $28.49 (VPIP: 28.14, PFR: 23.00, 3Bet Preflop: 13.15, Hands: 544)
      MP: $56.04 (VPIP: 30.05, PFR: 21.60, 3Bet Preflop: 5.06, Hands: 220)
      Hero (CO): $66.12
      BTN: $71.35 (VPIP: 24.57, PFR: 20.27, 3Bet Preflop: 11.41, Hands: 1,119)
      SB: $50.75 (VPIP: 24.15, PFR: 20.75, 3Bet Preflop: 9.34, Hands: 961)

SB posts SB $0.25, BB posts BB $0.50

Pre Flop: (pot: $0.75) Hero has 7:diamond: T:diamond:

fold, fold, Hero raises to $1.50, fold, fold, BB calls $1.00

Flop: ($3.25, 2 players) Q:spade: Q:diamond: 9:club:
      BB checks, Hero checks

Turn: ($3.25, 2 players) 2:club:
      BB checks, Hero bets $2.00, BB calls $2.00

River: ($7.25, 2 players) 9:heart:
      BB bets $4.00, Hero raises to $10.00,
    • ErikStenqvist
      ErikStenqvist
      Global
      Ive found a new BIG leak in my last sessions. I made huge missplays. In the session reviews i spot them immediately. I guess those missplays are caused of low energy .
      Make sure you have water and an apple or banana close by for every session. Drink water regularly.

You can also try setting alarms every 15 minutes to remind you on what you are supposed to do. Check your energy level. This make you able to sometimes catch yourself lost in though or auto piloting. :)
    • Pumper247
      Pumper247
      Bronze
      Thats a really smart advice. I'll definitely make use of it.
      Thanks Erik :)
    • ErikStenqvist
      ErikStenqvist
      Global
      Thats a really smart advice. I'll definitely make use of it.
      Thanks Erik :)
      Maybe I already asked you but how long are you're sessions on average?
    • Pumper247
      Pumper247
      Bronze
      My average Session is about 1h15mins long (including warmup). Sometimes in my last session of the day, a session can go up to 2h30mins.

I found a little problem, hard to describe: Sometimes ,if im in a session and a bit down , maybe under EV or bad play, I want to chase the losses. An example: I 3bet AK preflop vs UTG even i know flatting and outplaying him postflop is higher EV. I want to flip and get the money in as fast as possible.
      Another example i got AA in position and get 3bet. Normally I see calling the 3bet is higher EV, but I 4bet fast and see it as bad luck if he folds.
      I guess this is gambling, even i know i should take it professionell.
      Maybe you have a soulread?
    • Dublimax
      Dublimax
      Bronze
      Hey Pumper!

I have been playing a bit on the 100 tables. It is really fast as yo know and I think that if you want to improve you shouldn't play more than 2 tables. To play 3/4 tables one needs to be crushing the stake he/she is playing, have ranges in 90% of spots in his/her head, sizing super well understood etc...

Did you find a difference when you cut your tables to 2/3 (tell me it was 2 :) )
    • Pumper247
      Pumper247
      Bronze
      Hey Dublimax,

Yeah you`re right , i also think 2 is optimal. At 3 speedtables i began to miss a bit and cant play every hand perfect. I really should forget this bonusgrinding. Thats why im still at NL50.

But good news:
      1. Gemstone for this month achieved :D
      2. cashed in at 24h poker 5mins ago :)
      3. Byebye iBotpoker

So 24h let me enjoy grinding & making money :megusta: