man at arms-AT_HU

• atton64
      atton64
      Platinum
      Hello,
      I am 20 year old. I don't know if its too late for registration.:) Sorry for the bad english.

- What do you play?
      I play NL100-200 now. Read below for more info.*

- Poker history?
      I started poker as fish when I was 14-15. I went to a home game and my friends laughed at me because I played awkward. Then I bought my first poker book and started to learn it in the highschool. Everyone said that I am silly because of it but when I bought a car from it when I was 17 they didn't laugh at me anymore.

I've been playing poker for 4 years as "professional"(I count it from the first 3 month when I constantly won 1k+$). First one and a half year was SSS then I change to BSS. Bad thing that I made less money now compared to when I was 17-18.

I gave up my college because of poker.

- Goals and aspirations for poker?
      I want to make as money as possible before the "end"of online poker. Maybe it is not the best goal.

- What do you sturggle with?*
      I split my roll 1 year ago. Bigger part of it I remove from my poker bankroll as I had a very big downswing at nl400-500-600 and I didn't want my money to waste. It is a kinda stoploss thing and I made a promise to myself the "saved" money I will never use as poker bankroll.

I should play and work on my game more.

My biggest leak is the insta decision. I should think more.

- What do you want to get out of the bootcamp?
      I am not sure if I understand this sentence, but I want to play better and better. Started coaching with lnternet before this BC started. I realised that I have to work a lot better on my game in order to climb up the limits.

Thank you!
  • 20 replies
    • pleno1
      pleno1
      Coach
      Coach
      Hey,

I related with your home game story. I went to a poker home game when I was young too and I made some stupid call with k2cc on like 78910dddd because I have a King and it had a suit, I had no idea and was very very uncomfortable. It actually gave me the drive to succeed and eventually took all their moniez :s_love:

Which site do you currently play on?

Thanks and good luck!
    • atton64
      atton64
      Platinum
      Hello,

Bwin.party and Zoom only on pokerstars.

Short funny story:
      I lost 20bi in 15k hands on bwin. I was put into the fish tables. I didn't know then wtf is going on because I got tables I never ever got.. After this I made another -15bi in 10 k hand when played with only fish 4/5 in the tables. I started to think someone hacked my computer because I saw tables that none of my friends saw and still losing money. So when the new came out I was relieved a little bit because I don't play on fake bwin client...:D Maybe I was the only one who was happy when the news came out.:D :s_biggrin:
    • atton64
      atton64
      Platinum

Thats my "winnings" on bwin.party.:D Can it be a downswing even if ev is minus too? I had been a winning player for 3 years. When the big ds happened I splitted my roll as I said before ,the bigger part I removed. Last ds I lost more buyins and more $ but now I think the recent one is worse than it was a year ago because I can feel the bitter taste of the last downswing in my mouth even now and it makes this one so much worse.

I don't consider myself as bad player NOR I do think I would be good. Maybe it is worse than if I'd know I dont play well because I dont even know if I made serious mistakes. Last 12k hand was played at fish only tables as it makes more terrible than it would be at normal tables.(you know more fish less variance)

Lets see my genereal popup:

http://kepfeltoltes.hu/130301/popup4_www.kepfeltoltes.hu_.jpg

Seems a little bit crazy when I removed the winnings since you can easily measure it. :D It is just a superstitions. :s_biggrin:

I made serious changes in my game in the last 20k period. I defend wider against BU minraises and I dont fold that much against 3bets when I sit in the button. I'm trying not to be nit postflop as my coach said I am even against minxr/minRRcbets.

I have decent amount of money that I saved from poker so now I started to think about quitting poker,travelling and restarting college but then I see it would be pretty nice to make at least 50k from it... So I am torn between quitting and continuing.

My last 1 year is about break-even.
    • Lackoogcb
      Lackoogcb
      Black
      I know this guy! He is great, better than 95% of the players i know, so my friend this must be a huge DS I think...

This is one of my biggest problems in poker, I don't know what swings could happen. The whole randomness in the world is a big question, and this isn't even a real random thing, because builded by humans, so it uses some kind of equation. If life appeared on this planet by randomness, maybe anyone can have a lifetime DS? :) Hopefully not... And I have examples for the total opposit. Regular player, who does so stupid things (clearly stupid things, not just my opinion) but somehow no ds ever, 500k hands straight upswing winnings.

I think you play so few hands in one month, 45k hand is not even a real number in poker :) you should play more, and play out the ds. With your knowledge and with good tableselecting you should win minimum 2BB/100 at those stakes

GL in here
    • atton64
      atton64
      Platinum
      As you are my friend I don't appreciate your comment. :coolface: :coolface:
    • Lackoogcb
      Lackoogcb
      Black
      trust me, if you were a fish, i'd say lnternet don't waste your time, this is a hopeless braindead fish regular, focus more on my thread :D
    • ErikStenqvist
      ErikStenqvist
      Global

Hey man at arms!

My name is Erik and I will be part of the coaching staff focusing on Tilt, A-Game, Mindset, and Lifecoaching. So if you have any questions you can just post them
      here and let me know in my Q&A thread if i take too long to reply. I'll be trolling around the forums but just so i don't miss anything. :)

Can you give some specific examples were you make quick decision when you know you should think more about it?

And since making quick decisions in poker when we know we should take more time is "illogical" in a way. Why do you think that you do this?

Any questions about the mental side of poker? Just fire away!
      Email: Info@ErikStenqvist.com[/quote]
    • Schnitzelfisch
      Schnitzelfisch
      Bronze
      Hey there atton64,

I would like to help you with your uni/poker decision.

I think that only you know the "right answer" to your problem. It might be that you just haven't found it yet ;) .

I think that it would benefit you a lot if you took some time to really think what you want from life, what poker would give you, what college would give you and how all of these things are connected. Of course you can still play poker even if you do decide to go to college, so it shouldn't be a this or that decision :) .

You can take a look at the first chapter of my productivity guide to help you figure out what you really want and how to achieve it :) .

Looking forward to hearing from you soon!

-Primož
    • atton64
      atton64
      Platinum
      Originally posted by ErikStenqvist

Can you give some specific examples were you make quick decision when you know you should think more about it?

And since making quick decisions in poker when we know we should take more time is "illogical" in a way. Why do you think that you do this?

Hello,

Almost in every pot, especially preflop. Sometimes I start to think about it more when I already did it. For example a fish sits in mp I'm on button, he limps I isolate to 3bbs. Then I start to think I should have opened it to 2bb-s or 5bb-s or something like that. Or postflop XXX board comes and I just bet for value and don't even consider why I bet. Or just making fancy moves, like instabehind check when I should bet for value etcetc.

I think it is come from my nature. I always was a fish in FPS since I just rushed into the action and I was unpatient to wait for the good opportunity.
      I am NOT unpatient in the way to call more or raise more to get into the action.

Thank you!
    • atton64
      atton64
      Platinum
      @Schnitzelfisch
      Hi,

I think going to the college doesn't have too much benefit. I have a lot of friend who did and now they work for Mcdonalds as professional potato frier even though I don't look down on them. Small part of them have proper work. I think with hard work they can climb up from the bottom of the ladder to the top but I see my future in running my own business.

So I'm kinda under pressure to gain more money in order to run a company later.

You can say that I should go to the school if I want my own business but I don't think it doesnt really matter.

I will look at your video soon.

Thanks!
    • Schnitzelfisch
      Schnitzelfisch
      Bronze
      Hey again,

I agree with you completely :) . There are plenty of businessmen without college, and seeing as some colleges teach really old/useless stuff, I don't think they're very beneficial for building a business (there are better, more efficient ways IMO).

Well of course college is still good (or a must) if you want to be a lawyer or a surgeon, and perhaps some physicists/chemists can benefit from the labs at the institutions.

So I think you know pretty much for yourself what you want to do :) .

Maybe some useful books for you to read, if you're planning on owning a business soon:

-Millionaire Fastlane
      -Personal MBA

And you can find more awesome books on this book list.

Looking forward to seeing your progress!

-Primož
    • gadget51
      gadget51
      Bronze
      Hi there atton64, I hope you are well.

Just a little reminder that if you post updates to your thread it keeps it current. It's fine if you have other more pressing concerns, we don't do the naughty chair here. :)

Oh and your English is very good. :)

Best regards and have fun,

Mal.
    • atton64
      atton64
      Platinum

I could turn it into break even. So it could be variance and can be now too(- and +).
    • ErikStenqvist
      ErikStenqvist
      Global
      Originally posted by atton64
      I think it is come from my nature. I always was a fish in FPS since I just rushed into the action and I was unpatient to wait for the good opportunity.
      I am NOT unpatient in the way to call more or raise more to get into the action.

Thank you!
      Try talking out loud when you play so that you have to "Double Check" your thought process before you make a decision . You might have to talk a whole lot in the beginning but that will get less and less over time. So don't feel overwhelmed in the beginning. :)

What do you think about this?

Keep me posted :)
    • maritsula
      maritsula
      Bronze

Try talking out loud when you play so that you have to "Double Check" your thought process before you make a decision . You might have to talk a whole lot in the beginning but that will get less and less over time. So don't feel overwhelmed in the beginning. :)

I have been trying this the past few days and it is very effective! Its a bit weird to talk to yourself out loud though but whatever, it works ;p
    • Lackoogcb
      Lackoogcb
      Black
      Originally posted by maritsula

I have been trying this the past few days and it is very effective! Its a bit weird to talk to yourself out loud though but whatever, it works ;p
      yeah I usually do this, and helps me a LOT.
    • atton64
      atton64
      Platinum

Thank you!

I will do it thanks, but a little bit complication is that sometimes my gf plays in my room too.:D
    • Lackoogcb
      Lackoogcb
      Black

I will do it thanks, but a little bit complication is that sometimes my gf plays in my room too.:D
      plays? you mean farmville or sims?
    • atton64
      atton64
      Platinum
      I'm not talking about you Lackoo.:D Plays poker.:D