$12.41
      MP2:
      $17.80
      MP3:
      $11.40
      CO:
      $10.41

Preflop: Hero is BB with T, 9.
      4 folds, SB raises to $0.30, Hero calls $0.20.

Flop: ($0.6) 5, T, A (2 players)
      SB bets $0.40, Hero calls $0.40.

Turn: ($1.4) 9 (2 players)
      SB bets $1.00, Hero calls $1.00.

River: ($3.4) T (2 players)
      SB bets $1.90, Hero???

so villain is a pretty tight reg: 21/18 over 145 hands. i decided to call but i think with something like 87s i'd 3bet, however this villain is only folding 50% to 3bets so i'm not too sure how to approach 3betting this guy BvB...

anyway he Cbets 57% and 2nd barrels 67% - i'm assuming his ranges will be quite strong. I didn't raise the turn since i expected him to bet the river too in which case i'd probably call on most rivers.

this particular river is interesting and he wasn't thinking much before betting, it was just bet, bet, bet. i have a pretty strong hand but given his play i don't know if there's any value in raising but im not sure. if he had Tx then he's not so happy to barrel off with the A there, so he has to have Ax or at least Tx with a FD like KhTh, QhTh, JhTh. other than this i think his range is ahead of mine here like AA or AT.
  • 3 replies
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hi DrDunne,

Preflop: looks fine

Postflop: Given his river bet size he can easily have AK/AQ/AJ that is going for a thin valuebet.

I think not raising would be a big mistake here and if he has Tx or better he almost always goes broke. So we want to maximize value versus the weaker part (Ax) so I would raise small to maybe $4.5-$5 or so.
    • DrDunne
      DrDunne
      Bronze
      hi bogdan. what do you think about just clicking back and minraising? if he sees i just minraise then he might jam over with weaker
      ty
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Originally posted by DrDunne
      hi bogdan. what do you think about just clicking back and minraising? if he sees i just minraise then he might jam over with weaker
      ty
      Have we done things like that versus him? I think a click back will just be called in most cases (and shipped over with his Tx+). After all what can you bluff click back to him with?