My way up to HSNL

• IronPumper
      IronPumper
      Coach
      Coach
      Hi!

1.)
      Im 27 years old and a fulltime pokerplayer.
      Currently Im playing at Stars NL 1/2- NL 3/6 6max and FR reg games and NL200 zoom + NL500 zoom.

2.)
      My poker-history started in 2009.
      I have been pretty ambitious and have already known that there are some ppl who make rly a lot of money with it, so while I was studying at university, I also have been studying a lot poker at PS.com, 2+2 and later on also at some coachingsites...
      In 2010 I have taken my first coachings.
      In the meanwhile I got coachings from shaffem, Hielko, grindcore and ared Tendler.
      I have made my way up from NL 5to the mentioned limits Im playing right now and Im playing poker now for bout 2 years fulltime.
      I always try to become better and Im in some pretty great studygroups and talk strat with many great and pretty known players for which Im very thankful.

3.)
      My goals are to become due to poker absolutely financial independent.
      This is one of my goal, but I also love the game and Im very passionated to it.
      I see in it way more than just a cardgame, but more a competitive discipline where you can mess important skills with the skillset from other ppl.
      Im talking bout skills like emotional controle, discipline, ambition, intelligence, logic thinking, analytical approach, work ethic, .....

Hence my goal is to become the best pokerplay I can personally become.
      Due to the fact that I still notice a ton of mistakes in my game, Im relieved cause this shows me that there is for me personal still a lot of potential.

Concrete longterm goals are to play successfully HSNL.

4.)
      I struggle with putting a ton of volume in and I feel that my practice-theory-ratio is maybe too much shifted towards theory - it is bout 2:1 - idk, maybe at this level it should be more like 3:1...

Im also stuggling with exploiting Regulars.
      Im very much in love with a gto-approach and with balance, so that I often miss to exploit other Regs.
      With talking with other ppl lots of strat, it seems to me that by all modesty Im pretty solid regards to a theoretical stand of view, but there is a lot of space for me to improve my exploiting abilities...

Im also someone who makes his Winnings from his blueline, but looses at redline.
      Im not someone who necessarily needs a positive redline to feel ubercool (for me finally only the greenline counts), but I am sure that in this area still are some things which I can improve:

For instance my WTSD is w 24% kinda low, so I think Im folding too often the best hand and miss on +ev Odds-calls (my won$at SD is w 56% over huge samples also pretty high).
      Probably I also miss here and there thin valueplays and solid bluffspots.
      So Im hoping that I can improve in this areas my game.

5.)
      I want to get out of the bootcamp new ideas and a great interaction with other ambitious ppl.
      I also wanna fix some of my leaks and discover new borders and just bring my game to the next level!

Ok, that is all so far:)

Regards,
      IronPumper^^
  • 34 replies
    • pleno1
      pleno1
      Coach
      Coach
      Hey,

This looks like a very fun blog, would be cool to follow you from MSNL to HSNL.

Seems like you are very motivated to be a very good player. Where does your motivation come from? You want to be the best player? Want to make money? Want to prove family/friends wrong?

Struggling with exploiting regulars is interesting, have you seen the Kill The Reg section of the bootcamp?

I'd be really interested in looking at your stats, it would be cool to compare your normal stats vs your zoom stats, would also be interesting to see how your red line compares in both the formats.

Anyways, definitely subscribed and looking forward to this.

:s_love:
    • IronPumper
      IronPumper
      Coach
      Coach
      Originally posted by pleno1
      Hey,

This looks like a very fun blog, would be cool to follow you from MSNL to HSNL.

Seems like you are very motivated to be a very good player. Where does your motivation come from? You want to be the best player? Want to make money? Want to prove family/friends wrong?

Struggling with exploiting regulars is interesting, have you seen the Kill The Reg section of the bootcamp?

I'd be really interested in looking at your stats, it would be cool to compare your normal stats vs your zoom stats, would also be interesting to see how your red line compares in both the formats.

Anyways, definitely subscribed and looking forward to this.

:s_love:
      Hey!

Thx for the kind words!:)

I am motivated cause I view poker as a bizarre potential big 1-time-chance in my life to become financially independent.
      Do not get me wrong, my livingcosts are pretty low compared to most ppl I know and I do not care bout luxury or something like this - so Im not living the baller-life.
      But I ust like the idea of being finacially free in today`s world.

Furthermore I have been always kinda competitive (earlier in sports), so I like to mess myself in competitive environments.
      But what I love in specific is to observe myself getting better and better - every development provides just al ot of pleasure to me and poker is an enough complex game, so that there are a ton of areas where you can progress and spot your progress.

Thx for the advice - will for sure follow the "Kill the Reg section".

@ my stats:
      I can post a popup-from my stats, but only from the last like 9 months cause I got recently a new commp and HM2 and I still did not import so far older hands......:

edit:
      cannot rly post a HM2-popup cause the HM2-pop-up sucks a lot compared to the HM1-pop up and has less stats involved, so I post the report-tab (some interesting stats might be missing, so feel free to ask):

http://i.imgur.com/ePKn7l1.png

those are reg games, mixed with zoom-games.
      But zoom should have a low impact cause I only started to mix zoom into my overall volume since 1 month.
      There is also no big differnece, other than thatIm at zoo mlittle tighter, but only marginally.

@Red-Line:
      Just imagine a red graph which falls and a blueline which rises some higher than the red graph falls and a green-line which is at least for me so far ok and provided bout 3 bb/100 (bout 1,5PTBB/100) overall (hope to improve this of course).

I do not wanna post here Graphs and Results so far cause I poker is tax-wise in the country I live currently (possibly will move out soon, though) grey-area and there have been some concerns in the german diamond forum, that somehow some employees from the german tax office got access to the diamond forums and hence some detailed knowledge bout some ppl who got afaik some trouble...
      So it should be also here in the worst case possible...

Hence would recomment that no fulltime player should post detailed results-information his own thread so far, unless he already lives in a country where poker is in every direction all right...

edit:
      Or actually I can post at least a BB-graph (have forgotten bout this opportunity^^):

http://imgur.com/FawRa4k

Other than this I am not sure yet how I will use at best this thread.
      I guess I will just here and there post what is going on pokerwise, post some hands for discussion, potential ideas and goals and stuff...
    • serverm07
      serverm07
      Basic
      Hey,

It's definitely impressive that you beat the games on stars but yea of course there is room for improvement for all of us. Hopefully we will all be playing HSNL sometime next year :)

Also wanted to ask why IronPumper, you lift weights?
    • IronPumper
      IronPumper
      Coach
      Coach
      Originally posted by serverm07
      Hey,

It's definitely impressive that you beat the games on stars but yea of course there is room for improvement for all of us. Hopefully we will all be playing HSNL sometime next year :)

Also wanted to ask why IronPumper, you lift weights?
      Hey!:)

yeah, have choosen the title of the thread cause as everybody I would indeed like to become a successful HSNL-Reg one day, but also cause I found this title just motivating^^

@my Nickname here:
      In the past, when I have signed up here I indeed lifted weights and have choosen this name just for fun.
      But then I stopped pumping for almost 2 years (a mistake in hindsight cause doing a sport which you like helps also to balance out your life and hence will also be good for your poker-career).
      Now I am exercising again 3-times/week and it feels overall great, thoughI do not look like Arnold or something but still enjoy working out^^
    • BC1989RF
      BC1989RF
      Gold
      bookmarked.
      good luck with bootcamp.
    • pleno1
      pleno1
      Coach
      Coach
      Ok, understand and respect the tax stuff, no problemo, we can still see epic hands though right? :)

FWIW, this board is and always will be private, so people don't have to worry too much, we will move these threads to the blog section if OP asks/allows.

Interesting that your red line is bad, I'd ask you to do something which will be interesting.

Find the toughest 3 200nl regs and post their graphs in the thread and then post the 500nl regs graphs, we can then compare a little and maybe start looking at analysis between the two games.

Really hope you can get a lot out of this bootcamp.
    • IronPumper
      IronPumper
      Coach
      Coach
      Originally posted by pleno1
      Ok, understand and respect the tax stuff, no problemo, we can still see epic hands though right? :)

FWIW, this board is and always will be private, so people don't have to worry too much, we will move these threads to the blog section if OP asks/allows.

Interesting that your red line is bad, I'd ask you to do something which will be interesting.

Find the toughest 3 200nl regs and post their graphs in the thread and then post the 500nl regs graphs, we can then compare a little and maybe start looking at analysis between the two games.

Really hope you can get a lot out of this bootcamp.
      Hey!
      Your idea is rly interesting and I have noted it down - first I will check out who the toughest (here I mean not the most uncomfortable regs, but the best winners are and then I will add their graphs and mb some stats (rly sucks that hm2 has not such a nice overview-pop-up like HM1 had:( ) - but mb this will take soem time to collect all I need - but will definitely do it and rly like your idea a lot!

Here`s a hand:

Poker Stars $2/$4 No Limit Hold'em - 6 players - View hand 2124241
      DeucesCracked Poker Videos Hand History Converter

BTN: $400.00
      Hero (SB): $402.00
      BB: $256.00
      UTG: $404.00
      MP: $400.00
      CO: $404.00

Pre Flop: ($6.00) Hero is SB with 9 :club: 8 :club:
      3 folds, BTN raises to $10, Hero raises to $36, 1 fold, BTN calls $26

Flop: ($76.00) T :heart: K :spade: 7 :heart: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BTN checks

Turn: ($76.00) K :heart: (2 players)
      Hero bets $53.90, BTN folds

Final Pot: $76.00
      Hero mucks 9 :club: 8 :club:
      Hero wins $73.20
      (Rake: $2.80)

Villain is a solid Regular and his stats are:
      22/19/2,5/25
      oR BTN: 52%
      Fold to 3b BTN: 64%
      for psotflop-stats i have too less stats on him...

The thing on this flop is that when I put a realistic 3b-callrange into for isntance flopzilla, it rly seems that a 3b-callrange in this spot connects pretty well with this board.
      So I think it is important to have here more of a check-gameplan.
      So I would check here weak madehands, mediumcore-madehands, but also in soem % my best valuehands, as well es Draws (this is maybe the weakest draw I C/C though besides of mb hands like AhQx, AhJx) and of course my air.

What you think bout this conceptand idea?
    • BC1989RF
      BC1989RF
      Gold
      yeh developping checking strat on such a texture is mandatory.
      you need a pretty good read on his perception of your c/c'ing range to c/c 9hi draw tho... cause youll have to take the initiative back.
      KT6r is already much better - i see it less barreled off.
      I like c/c'ing top set, Ahi flush draw, Tx. maybe AhQ.
      AhK is fine too.

id bet 98cc though.

as played, we need to bet twice once he cback.
    • IronPumper
      IronPumper
      Coach
      Coach
      Originally posted by BC1989RF
      yeh developping checking strat on such a texture is mandatory.
      you need a pretty good read on his perception of your c/c'ing range to c/c 9hi draw tho... cause youll have to take the initiative back.
      KT6r is already much better - i see it less barreled off.
      I like c/c'ing top set, Ahi flush draw, Tx. maybe AhQ.
      AhK is fine too.

id bet 98cc though.

as played, we need to bet twice once he cback.
      yeah, agree with all of this - also was not sure if my 9-high OESD is so good to C/C readless.
      In the vacuum it is likely not as good.

btw.,
      Im not sure we wanna also develop a checkingplan on a board like KT6r/s here - reason is that here are still many handsin a 3b-callrange in BTNvsBB, which are folding to cbets... (98s, 97s, smaller pps, Axs..)

This is different though for most ppl in in CovsBB cause the most Regs do not call in CivsBB (vs. most Regs) small PPs, small SCs/SOGs, small Axs...
      so here you would have indeed way less FEQ and hence there you also can develop a checking-plan...
    • IronPumper
      IronPumper
      Coach
      Coach
      Lol, that is how Im running regards to my Zoom500-volume from the beginning:

Poker Stars $2.50/$5 No Limit Hold'em - 6 players - View hand 2124401
      DeucesCracked Poker Videos Hand History Converter

BTN: $954.60
      Hero (SB): $500.00
      BB: $552.50
      UTG: $600.67
      MP: $1457.06
      CO: $529.70

Pre Flop: ($7.50) Hero is SB with A :club: K :spade:
      UTG raises to $15, 3 folds, Hero raises to $50, 1 fold, UTG calls $35

Flop: ($105.00) 5 :spade: A :heart: K :club: (2 players)
      Hero bets $54.85, UTG calls $54.85

Turn: ($214.70) A :spade: (2 players)
      Hero checks, UTG checks

River: ($214.70) 5 :diamond: (2 players)
      Hero bets $162.50, UTG raises to $495.82 all in, Hero calls $232.65 all in

Final Pot: $1005.00
      Hero mucks A :club: K :spade:
      UTG shows 5 :heart: 5 :club: (four of a kind, Fives)
      UTG wins $1002.20

(Rake: $2.80)

22/19; or UTG: 19%
      Fold to 3b: 59%

I had of course no clu that he is so bad to call with those posis my 3b with 55.
      Like his play psotflop, tough - I think his turncheck is correct cause the turncard is imo a bad card to continue bluffing for me
      -> hence I should also check my toprange that (what I have done) and hence he can also delay his action to the river and valuebet/call/in this case am, lol)/ bluff delayed (when I check again) there.

What you think bout those thought-process?

For the riverplay, I was not sure bout my sizeing:
      I thought bou overamming, but I think that most ppl at zoom500 should be able to fold then Ax?
      So I was not sure if I bet small or big - have thought finally thatI have to bet on the bigger side to rep at best a bluff which takes the bet-check-bet-line as a bluff... - what you think?

Once he jammed, honestly I already anticipated that he has this one fucking combos which beats me - is this paranoid, huh?
      reason that I have anticipated it is, that
      a.) he should imo not jam there an Ax-hands cause either he perceived
      a call from splits or from the few combos which beats him
      b.) it would be imo suicidal to bluff here ever

But I guess I stillcannot fold or am I crazy now cause given my both mentioned logical assumptions it kinda seemsd to me like a fucking Herofold, maybe one of the biggest folds I would ever make?

edit:
      Have realized now that there are 2 combos left of AK - when he has only 1 of those 2 combos in his range, I already have to call cause I would have 25% and I need only 23% eq... so it is a B/C here - but imo it is with any other Ax a B/F is my thoughts are correct?

Mental-game:
      I play daily the 1st ~50% of my volume regular games (NL 6max and FR) mixing limits between NL200 and NL600.
      In the 2nd half of my volume I am playing the one half NL500 Zoom and the 2nd half NL200 Zoom (but hrere I do not mix tbls cause the palyerpool at both limits is ust sooo different, skillwise - while NL200 zoom feels to me pretty easy and smooth, NL500 zoom often feels to me kinda tough and uncomfortable).

But somehow I rly run pretty bad at NL500 zoom (certainly also not playing there my Agame as often due to unconfidence....), while everywhere else am running pretty well.

So it will be not a big surprise that atm I hate playing NL500 Zoom and I would love to push it out from my overall volume.
      But I think this would be longterm a mistake:
      -> I think atm NL500 zoom is no so ggod for my profit and I have a bigger hourly at my other game-types...
      But I think that having some regular NL500 zoom in my volume will benefit me longterm cause
      - I put myself out of my comfortzone - this also seems lead to that I feel even more comfortabel at all my other gametypes I play than I am already anyways feeling

- the playerpool there is imo kinda tough (way tougher than most NL400 and NL600 games at regular tbls), so given that I have to perform at a tougher environment,
      I think I will get better quicker myself....

- I am challenging, stretching and pushing myself.

What you think about all of this?

Anyways,
      cause I feel so unconfident with NL500 zoom atm I have set 3 days ago some ridicolous rules:
      1.) 1 Buyin- Stoploss per Sessio (this is lol cause it can cause that my session is lasting only 3 minutes, like this session right now has lasted^^) - plus usually I do not use a static stoploss cause I do not need it anymore (usually I anyways quit and make a short break once I have lost like 3-4 stacks or just feel bad...)
      But given that I feel anyways unhappy at 500 zoom, I thought I can go with this somewhat ridic rule

2.) When I happen to run 2 following days bad at zoom500, then I will not paly the next day zoom 500 and maybe even not the day after the next day (this is optional).

So for instance I have ran yesterday and today bad and so I will remove 500zoom for at least tomorrow from my volume...

(What you think of this somewhat ridicolous guideline? Is is too pussylike?)

The disadvantage of this guideline is that I will benefit from all the metnioned advantages of palying zoom500 less freuqntly and will develop slower.

The advantage is that I will not suffer too much from the disadvantages, which I have not already mentioned - disadvantages for me playing zoom500 are:

- increased mental pressure
      - no stable emotional state (had always trouble with moving up in limits)
      - hourly decreases due to likely not solid WR there + the fact that I simply play less when I run bad. the reason for the latter aspect is that due to the fact that i feel so uncomfortable at zoom500 even obvious variance titls me there and I need to do for instance meditation or writing exercises off the tbls to be able to continue grinding.
      Also I cannot overcome the urge to post some hands at my studygroups or somewhere else in order to get confirmation.
      Hands which I would never post when they would occur at NL200 or NL400 for isntance.
      And as said, at NL500 zoom Im very titlprone, so that I have to do more mental work off the tbls which I would never need to do by playing NL 200 or NL400 cause there Im not so tiltprone...
      Like now - Im writing this blogpost and it feels better and better and this is good - but the negative factor is that I could not play the last 30 minutes which I would have been done if I would not paly zoom500 inthe first place, so it cuts my hourly - I think you get what I mean....

Ok, let`s stop here - if you guys have any comments/input at my blogpost (does not matter if you wanna refer to the hand or to the mental game-topic), than feel free to post here:)
    • Beuaaaaaaaah
      Beuaaaaaaaah
      Black
      You are playing 500nl zoom like that from long time ?
      If it's tilting for you, why don't you take a break, and go back to 500 zoom when you want to play it, instead of forcing yourself making some volume there ?
      Also, when you start playing a new stake/game, I think you should not look at your winrate/hourly rate, and compare with the previous one, it will induce result orientedness and tilt.
      Btw, posting it show that you are honest with yourself, so you'll deal with it at the end!
    • ErikStenqvist
      ErikStenqvist
      Global
      Hey IronPumper!

My name is Erik and I will be part of the coaching staff focusing on Tilt, A-Game, Mindset, and Lifecoaching. So if you have any questions you can just post them
      here and let me know in my Q&A thread if i take too long to reply. I'll be trolling around the forums but just so i don't miss anything. :)

I see that you've already got a bunch of coaching, nice to see you putting the work in. If there is anything in the mindset/tilt department you want a new take just post it here. I'd be interested to hear how your doing in these areas.

When it comes to poker and you. What parts of the game is affecting you the most as a person? Both in game and your approach to poker.

Cheers! :)
    • IronPumper
      IronPumper
      Coach
      Coach
      Originally posted by ErikStenqvist
      Hey IronPumper!

My name is Erik and I will be part of the coaching staff focusing on Tilt, A-Game, Mindset, and Lifecoaching. So if you have any questions you can just post them
      here and let me know in my Q&A thread if i take too long to reply. I'll be trolling around the forums but just so i don't miss anything. :)

I see that you've already got a bunch of coaching, nice to see you putting the work in. If there is anything in the mindset/tilt department you want a new take just post it here. I'd be interested to hear how your doing in these areas.

When it comes to poker and you. What parts of the game is affecting you the most as a person? Both in game and your approach to poker.

Cheers! :)

Any questions about the mental side of poker? Just fire away!
      Email: Info@ErikStenqvist.com
      Thx for visiting my blog^^

@your questions:
      I think uncertainty is still a problem to me.
      There are just many areas in poker, you are not sure in game bout the right play and also many areas you even cannot find a 100% solution offgame.
      For sure I deal with it way way better than before my work with jared Tendler....
      Before this, a big leak forr m was strivin towards perfection without realizing that imperfections are basically not only not something bad, but in fact absolutely important and crucial to even be able to progress further.
      So here my approach changes a bit.
      But still, uncertainty sucks pretty often.

Also when I started to commit to poker fulltime, the first 1,5 years, I have imbalanced my whole life a ton:
      - less and less social life
      - spent too less time with family and close friends
      - stopped completey with working out regularly and and in combination with this, with a solid nutrition...

and so on...

I just defined myself almost exlusively after striving towards my glao (masterin this high-competitiv discipline and laso becoming financialwise independent and successful).

Have worked a ton lik 13h/day and hardly free days...
      So that finally i even got some psychcomatic stress-symptoms like "earpressure", sometiems muscl trmebling in addition to having my mood dependent too much on how I do pokerwise...

After startin like >6 months with some meditation, personal development exercises, taking 1 20-minute nap per day (can only recommend this one) + getting my life back, everythin improved.

Getting my life back means:
      Planning a little more free-time (Im taking now every 3 months 1 week off, try to do 1 day free/week, work now more normalish like 8-10h/day), started with doin sports again and having again more social life...

Due to this changes, i rly feel atm towards poker less worries, lss pressure and it is just not everything for me, but still important cause there are goals connected with it, but that`s ok.

The funny thing is:
      That even when I had bout 1,5 years an unhealthy lifestyle with lots of renouncements,
      it was realistically speaken likelynot ba for my career to bring my from NL100 to MSNL as a winningplayer..
      But at this point of my career Im sure that it is best for m to continu workin hard and a lot, but in a more blaanced and healthy way in oreder to not burn out while also paying enough attention to other areas o my life...
    • alderfalder
      alderfalder
      Coach
      Coach
      would like to add you in skype for talking maybe some more about zoom 500 if u want (skypename: goldfinger-sp)

if I haven't got you in my list already^^

Best Regards
      Steffen
    • IronPumper
      IronPumper
      Coach
      Coach
      Originally posted by Beuaaaaaaaah
      You are playing 500nl zoom like that from long time ?
      If it's tilting for you, why don't you take a break, and go back to 500 zoom when you want to play it, instead of forcing yourself making some volume there ?
      Also, when you start playing a new stake/game, I think you should not look at your winrate/hourly rate, and compare with the previous one, it will induce result orientedness and tilt.
      Btw, posting it show that you are honest with yourself, so you'll deal with it at the end!
      hey^^

sry, have been overlooking in accident your post previously.

Ok,
      I thought that adding at least very litle volume of 500zoom into my overall volume would be good in order to push me out of my comfortzone - but ater have been thinking bout it, mb I do not need or this zoom500, but just could do or this other stu, like playing Hu some good regs or so...

So mb,I will leave zoom500 out or a while and/or paly it only very little when I wanna to play it...
    • IronPumper
      IronPumper
      Coach
      Coach
      Originally posted by alderfalder
      would like to add you in skype for talking maybe some more about zoom 500 if u want (skypename: goldfinger-sp)

if I haven't got you in my list already^^

Best Regards
      Steffen

Hey^^
      can add you on sykpe, but as said -I`ll play only very little zoom500 - anyways, gonna add you^^

edit:

hm, when i copy-paste your contactat skype-search, it would find lots of similar names, but not exactly yours...

I just give you mine:
      crazyironpumper
    • IronPumper
      IronPumper
      Coach
      Coach
      €1/€2 No Limit Holdem
      PokerStars
      6 Players
      Hand Conversion Powered by weaktight.com

Stacks:
      UTG (€200) 100bb
      UTG+1 (€168.18) 84bb
      Hero (CO) (€203) 102bb
      BTN (€200) 100bb
      SB (€219.28) 110bb
      BB (€290.54) 145bb

Pre-Flop: (€3, 6 players) Hero is CO 9:heart: 9:spade:
      2 folds, Hero raises to €4.28, BTN raises to €12, 2 folds, Hero calls €7.72

Flop: 6:club: 5:diamond: 6:diamond: (€27, 2 players)
      Hero checks, BTN bets €16, Hero calls €16

Turn: 4:club: (€59, 2 players)
      Hero checks, BTN bets €44, Hero goes all-in €175, BTN goes all-in €128

River: K:diamond: (€403, 2 players, 2 all-in)

Final Pot: €403
      Hero shows two pair, Nines and Sixes
      9:heart: 9:spade:
      BTN shows
      Q:spade: A:diamond:

Hero wins €403.85 (net +€200.85)

BTN lost €200

lol,
      was already prepared to make offgame a CREV-analysis to check out how +ev my line is OTT, but once he cbets OTF AQ-high and B/Calls it OTT off, I can save this time - thx^^

btw.,
      pre I usually 4b/C here (he 3betted there 12%), butI also call more vs. those small sizings -so I mix it up here...

Another, here somewhat uncommon hand:

$2/$4 No Limit Holdem
      PokerStars
      6 Players

Stacks:
      UTG ($474.43) 119bb
      UTG+1 ($400) 100bb
      Hero (CO) ($422.44) 106bb
      BTN ($486.97) 122bb
      SB ($400) 100bb
      BB ($141.23) 35bb

Pre-Flop: ($6, 6 players) Hero is CO Q:diamond: A:spade:
      1 fold, UTG+1 raises to $12, Hero raises to $32, 3 folds, UTG+1 raises to $70, Hero raises to $112, UTG+1 calls $42

Flop: 9:spade: A:club: 3:diamond: ($230, 2 players)
      UTG+1 checks, Hero bets $26, UTG+1 raises to $65, Hero calls $39

Turn: K:heart: ($360, 2 players)
      UTG+1 checks, Hero checks

River: 10:heart: ($360, 2 players)
      UTG+1 checks

He had a pretty high 4b-stat in MP and his vlauerange is likely pretty polarized.
      Felt this hand i little too weak to call vs his 4b anyways (not sure bout this), so I have decided to go for CiB5b-Bluffplay with maximal Bloccker-value in a spot where the Min5b should look prtetty strong, imo.
      Postflop OTF I was pretty lost regards to estimating his range...
      So what you think his range is and is there ayn value in jamming the river?
      Could make a rifdic underbet OTR, but mb that is not he best idea when I have no clue bout his range, what he is doing here and hence no clue how to react vs. a C/jam... - this would suck, I guess...
    • serverm07
      serverm07
      Basic
      Originally posted by IronPumper
      €1/€2 No Limit Holdem
      PokerStars
      6 Players

Stacks:
      UTG (€200) 100bb
      UTG+1 (€168.18) 84bb
      Hero (CO) (€203) 102bb
      BTN (€200) 100bb
      SB (€219.28) 110bb
      BB (€290.54) 145bb

Pre-Flop: (€3, 6 players) Hero is CO 9:heart: 9:spade:
      2 folds, Hero raises to €4.28, BTN raises to €12, 2 folds, Hero calls €7.72

Flop: 6:club: 5:diamond: 6:diamond: (€27, 2 players)
      Hero checks, BTN bets €16, Hero calls €16

Turn: 4:club: (€59, 2 players)
      Hero checks, BTN bets €44, Hero goes all-in €175, BTN goes all-in €128

River: K:diamond: (€403, 2 players, 2 all-in)

Final Pot: €403
      Hero shows two pair, Nines and Sixes
      9:heart: 9:spade:
      BTN shows
      Q:spade: A:diamond:

Hero wins €403.85 (net +€200.85)

BTN lost €200

lol,
      was already prepared to make offgame a CREV-analysis to check out how +ev my line is OTT, but once he cbets OTF AQ-high and B/Calls it OTT off, I can save this time - thx^^

btw.,
      pre I usually 4b/C here (he 3betted there 12%), butI also call more vs. those small sizings -so I mix it up here...

Another, here somewhat uncommon hand:

$2/$4 No Limit Holdem
      PokerStars
      6 Players

Stacks:
      UTG ($474.43) 119bb
      UTG+1 ($400) 100bb
      Hero (CO) ($422.44) 106bb
      BTN ($486.97) 122bb
      SB ($400) 100bb
      BB ($141.23) 35bb

Pre-Flop: ($6, 6 players) Hero is CO Q:diamond: A:spade:
      1 fold, UTG+1 raises to $12, Hero raises to $32, 3 folds, UTG+1 raises to $70, Hero raises to $112, UTG+1 calls $42

Flop: 9:spade: A:club: 3:diamond: ($230, 2 players)
      UTG+1 checks, Hero bets $26, UTG+1 raises to $65, Hero calls $39

Turn: K:heart: ($360, 2 players)
      UTG+1 checks, Hero checks

River: 10:heart: ($360, 2 players)
      UTG+1 checks

He had a pretty high 4b-stat in MP and his vlauerange is likely pretty polarized.
      Felt this hand i little too weak to call vs his 4b anyways (not sure bout this), so I have decided to go for CiB5b-Bluffplay with maximal Bloccker-value in a spot where the Min5b should look prtetty strong, imo.
      Postflop OTF I was pretty lost regards to estimating his range...
      So what you think his range is and is there ayn value in jamming the river?
      Could make a rifdic underbet OTR, but mb that is not he best idea when I have no clue bout his range, what he is doing here and hence no clue how to react vs. a C/jam... - this would suck, I guess...
      Sweet line with 99, think with 12% 3bet he will have enough bluffs for you to jam for value here for sure. Although I'm curious on what your thoughts are on just x/r flop?

2nd hand, I think AQ is strong enough to call there from CO unless he has a ridiculously tight open, or ridiculous amount of sqzers or something but I prefer calling to 3betting pre. I just check back river as played, but might be too nitty. I just don't know what he can call with there that's worse after the x/r on the flop.
    • BC1989RF
      BC1989RF
      Gold
      aq hand : as played i just bet 50 to make him spew.