Hero (MP): $11.29
      CO: $3.62
      BTN: $10.79
      SB: $10.00
      BB: $13.17
      UTG: $20.45

SB posts SB $0.05, BB posts BB $0.10

Pre Flop: ($0.15) Hero has A:spade: J:club:

UTG raises to $0.40, Hero raises to $1.20, fold, fold, fold, fold, UTG calls $0.80

Flop: ($2.55, 2 players) K:club: J:spade: A:heart:
      UTG checks, Hero checks

Turn: ($2.55, 2 players) Q:heart:
      UTG bets $1.50, Hero calls $1.50

River: ($5.55, 2 players) Q:club:
      UTG bets $7.70, fold

UTG wins $5.28

Villain is somehow tight weak and folds alot to 3bets.

PF i 3bet as a bluff because he plays 25/20 on 200hands but he open raises 25 UTG and 40 MP. Variance heavy stat on that sample but seems that his range is somehow flat when he open raises CO n BTN 20%.

On the flop i do not want to cbet because he seems to be the guy to flatt JJ and AK vs a 3bet. I 3bet him relentessly two days and once he 4bet it was a 4bet shove (100bb deep) with AA when i had to call with KK :( and he stacked me. He seems to not adjust.

I only get value by the AQ so i check back. On the turn i just bluff catch to tell you the truth. I do not like it but folding after some history seems weak with that hand. He can bet some KJs or 99 as bluff some day.

On the river i fold, i beat nothing and he is clearing value betting.
  • 1 reply
    • w34z3l
      Hey Deomedes,

3bet bluff preflop with AJ is fine in this spot imo.

I totally get your reasons for checking flop. I don't think a small bet for protection/value is out of the question though, it depends how tight you think he is playing vs your 3bet. Potentially you may even get value from KQ, AQ, KJ, TT etc.

If you felt villain was playing super tight to a 3bet you should probably not bluff catch the turn. If you felt he could call with a selection of PP's that he might turn into a bluff then I'd call at least one.

River is easy fold on Q.

So in short, if villain is really tight vs 3bets, fold turn. If he's a little looser, value bet flop.