me

• Nils
      Nils
      Bronze
      Hey, this is Nils from the german community.

I started playing poker in 2005, I could be the soldier with the earliest registration date :D not sure , but I´m sure there are still a lot of better players out there. I´m here to change that.

quit poker in 2009, started again in Sep 2012 on NL10 and arrived on NL50 in late January. (upswing yeah :D )
      I play Cashgame exclusively. Curently on Microgaming, 8-14 tables, 50-60k hands/month

I think what I most struggle with is
      a) getting away from a big hand even though I know Im beat.
      b) being too tight pre
      c) and not aggressive enough postflop

My goals for this bootcamp and for poker in general is to learn as much as possible and become the best player I can. sounds clichè, but I really enjoy learning about the game and rarely miss a coaching or video.

So, I´m looking forward to working with you guys...
  • 6 replies
    • ErikStenqvist
      ErikStenqvist
      Global
      Hey Nils!

My name is Erik and I will be part of the coaching staff focusing on Tilt, A-Game, Mindset, and Lifecoaching. So if you have any questions you can just post them
      here and let me know in my Q&A thread if i take too long to reply. I'll be trolling around the forums but just so i don't miss anything. :)

You didn't anything when it comes to tilt and so on. Is there anything in the mindset area you are struggling with?
    • pleno1
      pleno1
      Coach
      Coach
      Hey Nils,

Why don't you give your thread a sexy name huh? :P

Wow, you have been in the Army for a lonnnnnng time!

Do you mind me asking why you quit poker in 2009?

Nice that you play Microgaming, I really really love the software. I am abit concerned that you play so many tables though, is your mission to improve as a poker player and move up the stakes or to just grind a tonne? If you play so many tables its so important to analyse.

Something I'd like you to do is go to sessions on hem and then post your last 10-20 sessions, we can try to look at some trends in your session lengths and then go from there.

Thanks and good luck.
    • Nils
      Nils
      Bronze
      Originally posted by pleno1
      Hey Nils,

Why don't you give your thread a sexy name huh? :P
      Because I´m ridiculously uncreative. I sat there for 10min thinkin´about a fancy title and went like what the fuck, the subject is me :D
      Do you mind me asking why you quit poker in 2009?
      no. I was grinding NL25 on iPoker and simply lost interest If I remember correctly. So I cashed out.

Nice that you play Microgaming, I really really love the software. I am abit concerned that you play so many tables though, is your mission to improve as a poker player and move up the stakes or to just grind a tonne? If you play so many tables its so important to analyse.
      The Software is nice (much better that Party´s but thats not that difficult ;) ) and the Anonymous tables are pretty fishy as well.
      Im still clearing the 1000€-fd-bonus which is not that easy on NL50, so I´m focusing on volume for the moment.

Something I'd like you to do is go to sessions on hem and then post your last 10-20 sessions, we can try to look at some trends in your session lengths and then go from there.
    • gadget51
      gadget51
      Bronze
      Hi there Nils, I hope you are well?

I'm here to help (remind you to :) ) keep your thread current, so you get your questions answered asap. :)

P.S. I think it's a nice title anyway! :P

Regards and have fun,

Mal.
    • pleno1
      pleno1
      Coach
      Coach
      Ah they are all fixed limit sessions?
    • gadget51
      gadget51
      Bronze
      Hi Nils, are you still with us soldier?

I know time can be an issue, but post your thoughts, questions and updates for the coaches and others to discuss to keep you marching forwards :)

Regards,

Mal.