NL Holdem $0.25(BB) Replayer
      SB ($49.54)
      BB ($36.32)
      UTG ($48.74)
      Hero ($95.44)
      CO ($7.21)
      BTN ($17.05)

Dealt to Hero K:club: A:club:

UTG raises to $0.75, Hero calls $0.75, fold, fold, SB raises to $3.25, fold, fold, Hero calls $2.50

FLOP ($7.50) T:club: 7:heart: 6:spade:

SB bets $5.25, Hero calls $5.25

TURN ($18) T:club: 7:heart: 6:spade: 2:club:

SB checks, Hero bets $11.10, SB raises to $41.04 (AI), Hero folds

SB wins $38.39

UTG folds 73% to 3bets, 4bet only 1.6, so I just call pre.

SB is aggro 24/23/14 3bet, 11.0 AF, squeeze 66.7%, c-bet in 3bet pot 100% (3). in 82 hands.

AKs is for sure ahead of SB's range, but since we are 200BB deep, I don't want to 4bet and possibly stack off with AK. Therefore I decide to keep hands I dominate in his range, plus I have position, and play postflop.

When calling 3bet IP vs this type of guy I am never folding to a c-bet.

Now the question is on the turn. We bet or check back? Personally now when reviewing I hate my line OTT.

In favour of a bet is a fact that we avoid being bluffed on the river in case we miss our flush.

But when we check back, we can still reevaluate on the river, and possibly stack him in case he has Kings or Aces. Given his line OTT, I think he has overpairs here, but with that aggressive of a villain, you can't know for sure...

I think I made a significant mistake by betting turn. Yes/no?

• 1 reply
    • w34z3l
      Hey Pkrpains,

Your preflop reasoning is good. I like the flat call preflop and I like the flat vs 3bet.

I agree with you, never folding to any cbet, whatever the flop is.

Do you I think you made a huge mistake betting turn? No. Do I think you took the best line? No.

I'd do one of two things here -

1) Bet very small, like $5 for protection and maybe even thin value from worse A-high.

2) Check back. You are not folding out better or getting called by worse by betting big, but you have the best hand pretty often so just check down.